Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: heroes sprinting?

Default Re: heroes sprinting?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is not a conscious decision for KeeperFX,... I've seen the list of changes, and this aint there....

Are you sure your sidebar is randomly disappearing? Because yes you can hide it by pressing tab, and show it again by pressing tab.
    yeah im sure its totally random, sometimes it happens when i press m, or wasd to navigate. Happens about every 10 minutes.

is there a list of .cfgs that would make everything revert back to default as far as creatures go that i could use for my campaign? that'd be awesome I mean i can take ancientkeeper's config and manually change fears back to the original but is fear the only thing that was changed? Doubit it.

That's why I made this: http://keeperklan.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=111

If you run that, all changes to creatures get reverted. If you open the DragonSlayer.bat with a text-editor you can also un-comment the classic bug mode, so you'll also get classic bugs back.
    You can then copy the creature and other config files to your own campaign.

Or just download the config files here: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=393. There is also the change-log.

ok ty. i thought of another idea though, steal ancientkeepers cfg, delete everything except creature names and 3 fear values and hope it works (have 4 lines in total in each .cfg).
    btw the early levels are sooooo boring to edit. I can't wait to edit level 11 (hearth). I did it once before but unfortunately lost the file. made it 20 times harder and it was world war 3 rofl, was the funnest level ever. Talk about cutting it close too, my heart was a few hits from going down lol. Kept everything the same for the human player, disallowed creature transferring from the level before, just buffed the white heroes. The original level 11 is an utter joke though.
    Last edited by 12114_v2; December 14th, 2014 at 02:14.

Quote Originally Posted by 12114_v2 View Post
    heres the map and the savegame. i can also make a video of them walking 100 miles an hour if you want.. its not normal lol. Its the knight and his dudes basically at the end, let the imp trigger the action point.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/pugeqg
    Do you have a video of the slow creatures going fast? I posted the savegame, but what I saw is explained as followers being able to catch up with the leader. If you indeed have giants walking super fast, that would be another problem.

Do you have a video of the slow creatures going fast? I posted the savegame, but what I saw is explained as followers being able to catch up with the leader. If you indeed have giants walking super fast, that would be another problem.
    sorry, a video of what exactly? I had giants walking super fast with add_tunneler_to_level command in level 2 which is actually understandable because there IS a leader (their tunneler) and they were just trying to catch up. That is alright. I also had this level 4 knight party walk super fast which i posted here, which is not normal as there is no party leader in an add_party_to_level command. Who is their leader? Do you want the level 4 or level 2 vid?

And, like i posted above, the guy with the old DK version had his knight at the end walk just fine, as it should be, because there's no party leader. Only add tunneler_to_level has a leader...

Or by leader do you mean just the guy in front which would be the horny? In that case it's a new feature of keeperFX.... I'm sure if i go back to my old pc with windows xp and ORIGINAL DK, edit this same map in level 4, and add that horny/knight party in flowerhat they will walk at a normal pace. I can actually try to do that lol.

Also, how can you post the tab disappearing bug :P it's pretty bothersome.
    Last edited by 12114_v2; December 14th, 2014 at 15:36.

A party always has a leader. If not the tunneler, then the strongest creature. If it is just the followers going fast, that's ok. If you have the entire party moving super fast, a video of that.

Here you can report issues: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/list

A party always has a leader. If not the tunneler, then the strongest creature. If it is just the followers going fast, that's ok. If you have the entire party moving super fast, a video of that.
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't so in the original dk. If i go back to my windows xp pc with original dk im pretty sure it will be different (not 100% but still). want me to make 2 different videos comparing original to FX?

add_creature_to_level has no leader and doesn't move fast, i believe add_creature_to_level (in KeeperFX) = add_party_to_level (in original dk).

Your logical explanations are good sure, but irrelevant because all im saying is that its different from original.
    Last edited by 12114_v2; December 14th, 2014 at 16:33.

I believe you that wasn't the case in the original. I don't really like how the follower-creatures move either, but there is a difference between a whole party moving too fast and as such reaching their destination really quickly, or follower creatures sprinting to catch up to the party leader.

If it is the latter, that is known, no need to make a video there. If it is the former, it would be nice to have some way of reproduction, and a video might help there.

'Add creature to level' spawns individual creatures, 'Add party to level' spawns a party, that will stick together by all following the strongest among them.

"I believe you that wasn't the case in the original."
    so it IS a keeperfx exclusive feature after all, like i thought.

"but there is a difference between a whole party moving too fast and as such reaching their destination really quickly, or follower creatures sprinting to catch up to the party leader."
    I'd prefer neither in most cases and have it just like the original. It would be nice if there was 1 more parameter in add_party_to_level in keeperFX for fast (fx mode) or slow (original dk mode) as an F or S abbreviation at the end or something.

I guess ill have to use add_creature_to_level for now and hope i don't run out of the 48 limit.

Parties sticking together,... yes.

Just to be clear, do you just have fast followers, or fast leaders as well?