Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about not mapmaking but land view making

Default Question about not mapmaking but land view making

How?

I did read 7 times tutorial, but I do not understand. I try to make a land view for campaign, because it is one of the minor things left to do before releasing it, but I have no idea how to make it at all.

Pic is selected, it's size is right, format is right but making it work, impossible.

Also, the mentor speech works but only as in"intro" ( the first one), then suddenly, it doesn't.

So, where do I get proper software? no where, I did my own, though poorly. But it does not work.

I request an answers about if someone have made it on decent way. I have used to be with my campaign every day, though I will remake it a bit and test it. No .pot file will be available, as I had no clue how to make that either, but that's small thing.

So, anyone up? Please do not be too cold and say, "DIY sucker". Otherwise you would get fistpumped by balloon.

Thanks in advance, sorry to be dummy

Default Re: Question about not mapmaking but land view making

You're talking about these instructions right: http://keeperfx.googlecode.com/svn-h...campaigns.txt?

Where are you stuck? What is going wrong? Did you mange to get 22 RAW and 22 PAL files?

If so, try to replace one set from the original campaign, and see if it wants to load there. If not, there is something wrong with the file, if so, there is probably something wrong with the config-file.

I'm not sure what software you are talking about. Here you can download the DK tools, but for making the picture files you need photoshop, which you can buy (I don't have it myself). I don't know any free software that can read/write raw/pal files.
    Last edited by YourMaster; December 14th, 2014 at 17:06.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    You're talking about these instructions right: http://keeperfx.googlecode.com/svn-h...campaigns.txt?

Where are you stuck? What is going wrong? Did you mange to get 22 RAW and 22 PAL files?

If so, try to replace one set from the original campaign, and see if it wants to load there. If not, there is something wrong with the file, if so, there is probably something wrong with the config-file.

I'm not sure what software you are talking about. Here you can download the DK tools, but for making the picture files you need photoshop, which you can buy (I don't have it myself). I don't know any free software that can read/write raw/pal files.

Yes I have photoshop and I managed to do it something, but yeah, could not make it any RAW or PAL files. I try to replacement later, let's see if anything happens.

Spider

How are you getting on? I know darkkingkongman has generated landview files for his new Barbarian campaign recently. Maybe he can help? If you send me the script files I will make your .pot file.

dayokay

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    How are you getting on? I know darkkingkongman has generated landview files for his new Barbarian campaign recently. Maybe he can help? If you send me the script files I will make your .pot file.

dayokay
    Excellent! a help what I would get, I appreciate it highly!

Well, I have slowed down greatly, levels are good looking and original, though some ideas are taken from YourMaster, obviously as helped me on the scripts, ( I did know almost nothing about scripting, until now )

Maps are decided to be a simple but interesting, as there is a plot. I will remake the narrator voice as I am not happy about that, also I am adding the storyline a bit due the thing it doesn't make much sense, so I am already remaking it.

But no worries, it will be ready on 2015 February at least to be previewed and then sending a copy to each one who are able and want to help me out. Obviously you get your share on credits. More info when things look more solid.

EDIT: Stay tuned about bonus levels There I can tell you an idea is very original ^^

EDIT2: About the replacement and so on, I did not even understand what I was doing? ;Confused lol
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; December 22nd, 2014 at 03:09.

If you share what you have, I'll make you a landview.

Spider

That is a very festive offer!

In truth, many of us would appreciate much clearer instructions on how to do this. The existing ones assume a level of knowledge beyond many of us. Those command line tools look very complicated.

I don't suppose we could hope for the ability to use 'normal' jpgs in high definition widescreen any time soon?

dayokay

Well, sure, but personally I'd rather have Mefisto focusing on enhancing the game further and finishing the rewrite instead of writing some documentation or spending time on maintaining campaigns. When everything is finished the content can be created.

It would be nice at some point if he'd get rid of the 8-bit limitation at some point, but I'm sure that is something that will be addressed at some point. I made a small batch file that automatically creates a landview from a set of PNG's. I now have a pretty nice landview, just no campaign.

Spider

I'm looking at getting Die-Hard dungeons ready for inclusion, and that needs a land-view, so I'd be happy to take it off your hands?

How many levels?