Thread: Issue - Tiny Health Flowers

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Issue - Tiny Health Flowers

Now I know that DK1 has some problems with displaying the Creature Health Flowers compared to DK2, but this is ridiculous.

If it's of any use, here is my log. [Link]

Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Issue - Tiny Health Flowers

As a workaround, use the 1024x768 or 1280x1024 resolutions. The HUD is scaled now, so those work fine.

For me, the problem is super-hyper-mini-numbers of creature levels on pickup hand, battle bar and under the zoom on map.

Any solutions? I have no clue what does effect on it.

Ghost

That's my problem too, but Mefisto already said he's not changing it.. Maybe he will change his mind seeing that there are more people having the same problem..

The game will only run in 640x480 or 1024x768 on my computer. Not sure why other resolutions wont work here (They did in 0.4.5 stock), when I force other resolutions the game crashes back to the desktop..

At 640x480 the GUI and most of the graphics look ok, but I can't read the levels from creatures that are held by the hand, the healthflowers look weird and the room avatars on the minimap look compressed.

At 1024x768 the GUI and texts look messed up (a lot of aliasing due to bad scaling) the game graphics look ok and also the levels in hand are readable, but still it doesn't look like it should..

In stock 0.4.5 none of the problems are present. Only when increasing the resolution the GUI would become smaller and the draw distance would increase a little.

I don't really understand why you would want to play higher than 640x480, it doesn't add anything at the moment, cause none of the sprites are made for high resolutions (the original game ran in 640x400)

Edit:

Just used the latest Nightly (1530) and the unreadable levels seem to be fixed in 640x480!

1024x768 still looks horrible though..
    Last edited by Krizzie; December 20th, 2014 at 08:43.

Yes, 640x480 is better now.

And this is also the reason why 0.4.5 was fine and it has changed now: It is a work in progress. And this is the first step towards making the entire game work well in higher resolution.

It's just a shame that elements are picked up, done partly, and continued until the next.

Ghost

I guess it's one the perks of using the nightly builds.