Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ids Habbening

Default Ids Habbening

I need some clarity on a few things;

How do I go about testing campaign maps? I need to test with a few creature config changes so I can't just do it how I normally do which is to dump it in the Free Play folder.
    Related to above, is Lava Immunity a trait I can give to creatures?

I'm going to use this thread as a dump for my current questions until I finally poop out this campaign.

Default Re: Ids Habbening

You can make your own campaigns, so you can test them that way.

In the KeeperFX\campgns folder you will find 'Keeporig.cfg' Make a copy of that and rename it to 'Woudo.cfg', then use a text editor to configure your own campaign. For example set "LEVELS_LOCATION = campgns/woudo", and place your own campaign levels in that folder.

In the config you can also configure the name (E.g. NAME = Woudo), this is the name under which it will show up in KeeperFX.
    If you have multiple levels to test, use the -alex parameter to play the game so you can go to the next campaign level with Ctrl+F10.

This document will also help you out with your future questions: https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/s..._campaigns.txt

Edit: And yes, lava immunity is a property in the creature config: HurtByLava = 0
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 5th, 2015 at 19:10.

It doesn't talk about creature config files, just a global "campaign configuration file".
    I need to enable lava immunity to a few creatures and add some spells.

Looking at the questth_ctr folder, I can see it's definitely possible;
    Code:
    [experience]
    Powers = SWING_WEAPON_FIST NULL NULL NULL SPEED NULL NULL ARMOUR NULL INVISIBILITY
    PowersLevelRequired = 1 0 0 0 5 0 0 8 0 10
    LevelsTrainValues = 20 40 90 175 350 700 1300 700 350
    GrowUp = 0 NULL 0
    But how do I go about doing it?

Yes, like I said, that is something you can do with the campaign config file.
    In your woudo.cfg look at this line:

;CREATURES_LOCATION = campgns/keeporig_crtr

Change it to this:

CREATURES_LOCATION = campgns/woudo_crtr

And copy all the creature config files from the creatrs folder to the campgns/woudo_crtr folder. Then in campgns/woudo_crtr/ghost.cfg set "HurtByLava = 0" to get Ghosts on your campaign to be immune to lava.

So i've configured the creatures; Thankyou. Haven't tested it yet but i'll get to that.

Butt-problem.
    How do I go about making a spell do more damage? I only want it to be stronger for one creature, not for every creature using that spell.
    I'm seeing a lot of different stuff in these .cfg files but the only one that seems relevant is;
    Code:
    ; Percentage of creature damage increase for every experience level
    SpellDamageIncreaseOnExp = 8
    Spells don't scale with strength right, that's just basic attacks?

Short answer, you can't.

Long answer, you can if you give up one of the other similar spells. For example if you take out the guided missile, you can add a fireball spell with more damage and give that new spell to only one creature.
    You can't give up any of the non-fully-implemented spells like 'light' for this as creatures won't cast those, although they would work in first person. I had fun once where I gave one of my creatures the ability to casts boulder traps.
    I'm guessing this is not something you'd want, but if so, I could explain further - you'd have to manipulate the magic.cfg and creature.cfg files.

Spell damage is not affected by the creature casting it, like its strength or intelligence, correct.

What do you think are the most visually spectacular rarely used spells then? At least one of them would need to be AoE.
    -- I'll consider this later, it'll be the last thing that gets done anyway.

Can you think of a way I can forbid an AI from digging? If I turn on the AI, it'll put the imps to work and potentially ruin the flow of the map. If I don't turn him on, his creatures walk around like Heroes looking braindead. I'd like them to be working, sleeping, training or just otherwise acting normal.
    Forbidding him from worker units isn't doable.
    Last edited by Woudo; February 6th, 2015 at 09:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    What do you think are the most visually spectacular rarely used spells then? At least one of them would need to be AoE.
    -- I'll consider this later, it'll be the last thing that gets done anyway.
    Well, I really think there isn't much you can do. This is because the most important things are still hard coded, and if you have to give up a spell to make another spell you might as well simply redistribute the powers.

You have a few options.
    In the magic.cfg you could change the spell15 to this:
    Code:
    [spell15]
    Name = SPELL_MISSILE
    CastAtThing = 1
    ShotModel = SHOT_GRENADE
    Duration = 0
    Now creatures that used to shoot missiles shoot grenades instead. (You can use any shot here, like SHOT_BOULDER or SHOT_FIREBALL).
    Downside is nobody shoots missiles anymore.

Alternatively, in the creature.cfg you could change instance19 to this:
    Code:
    [instance19]
    Name = MISSILE
    Time = 10
    ActionTime = 6
    ResetTime = 6
    FPTime = 5
    FPActionTime = 3
    FPResetTime = 2
    ForceVisibility = 100
    Graphics = ATTACK
    Function = creature_cast_spell SPELL_FIREBOMB 0
    Now creatures that have the missile spell assigned shoot meteors instead, but do so really quickly and as such do a lot more damage over time.
    Again, the downside is there are now no creatures who cast missile. Note it isn't possible to simply change the straight up damage for this new missile attack without also changing the damage of the meteor spell.

Notice you can't combine the two. If you make both changes meteors will be used, not grenades.
    Clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    Can you think of a way I can forbid an AI from digging? If I turn on the AI, it'll put the imps to work and potentially ruin the flow of the map. If I don't turn him on, his creatures walk around like Heroes looking braindead. I'd like them to be working, sleeping, training or just otherwise acting normal.
    Forbidding him from worker units isn't doable.
    Yes, you can manipulate the computer players by modifying keepcompp.cfg
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 6th, 2015 at 10:01.

I could have sworn Skeletons were immune to disease. They could carry it but it did no damage to them.

How about that? Making someone immune to disease or giving them a permanent disease.

I've just tested it in the original game, and both skeletons and vampires take damage from disease.
    And no, it is not possible either to make creatures immune to disease, this would be a creature property and this one does not exist. Check the imp.cfg for all the properties there are.

It would be better that instead of a few hard coded properties like 'immune to boulder' and 'immune to chicken' we could simply list all powers and shots on the creature immunities, perhaps in a future version this is something we'll get.