Thread: is it possible we could add a patch to allow higher resoulutions for DK2?

Default is it possible we could add a patch to allow higher resoulutions for DK2?

Since it only has three resolutions. Is there any way to increase the resolution even higher? Is it possible.

Default Re: is it possible we could add a patch to allow higher resoulutions for DK2?

Yes it is.

I believe through the registry. But the bigger the resolution, the higher the chances the game crashes.

Default Re: is it possible we could add a patch to allow higher resoulutions for DK2?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Yes it is.

I believe through the registry. But the bigger the resolution, the higher the chances the game crashes.
    If only we could implement a patch to allow higher resolutions. One where you can adjust it in the games options menu. I'm hopeless at patches.

But it is the easiest thing in the world:

1. Open regedit (Start, type 'regedit' and press 'Enter').
    2. Navigate to: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bullfrog Productions Ltd\Dungeon Keeper II\Configuration\Video]
    3. Change the values "Screen Width" and "Screen Height" to the values you want (click decimal first for ease of use).

See image:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DK2res.png 
Views:	784 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	1568

But making registry patches is the second easiest thing in the world.

Extract this file, then double click to add the 1600x1200 resolution to the DK2 options menu:
    Dk2_16001200.zip

Extract this file, then double click to set your screen resolution to 1920x1080:
    Dk2set19201080.zip