Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Har campaign - Download

Default Re: Heroes of Har campaign - Download

I think I got it ( understood it). I will continue later, tomorrow or day after it

EDIT: Except I did it wrong... And now I did understand 100% correctly how I am going to make it....

Gosh....

I did understand wrong from the manual, or manual is not enough simple for me. Anyway, it is good to continue about this, next time I am going to make it perfectly
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; March 6th, 2015 at 00:31.

Small hint: Add one or two messages first, then test it in game!
    If it works continue with the 286 other strings.

I played some more, and I had to skip most of the levels so far. I checked the script of the last level(3670) to see if anything should have happened and it appears you wanted the yellow keeper to get creatures but he didn't. I had claimed the top left and although he built a lot of imps he never dug out to the north. I had a big army from all the heroes I slowly claimed and then nothing.

The level before I had to skip because you removed the dungeon hearts and I didn't figure out how to destroy them.

Can you be more exact?

Neither PLAYER0 or PLAYER3 dungeon heart should be ever destroyed at all

EDIT: Why it didnt get any creatures?

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMaster21 View Post
    Can you be more exact?

Neither PLAYER0 or PLAYER3 dungeon heart should be ever destroyed at all

EDIT: Why it didnt get any creatures?
    In level 3670 he didn't get any creatures because all the rooms including the portal above are neutral and he didn't dig through the wall you placed between the neutral rooms and the yellow heart. If you made it yellow path the level might have worked. Or perhaps the keeper would have behaved differently if I hadn't dug to the top left,...

It was the level before that, where white attacks you with 8 or so avatars that I did not know how to win. I killed all the creatures, but couldn't destroy the hearts because you removed the bells.

Before that level there was one that I could finish, where you had to dig a lot of gems after you defeated all the keepers. This is one of 2 maps I actually beat,... there was another one where started out by possessing a troll and navigating boulders,... that one worked as well.

The other two I couldn't finish you already know about: The one where I could not pickup nor possess my creatures and therefore not break out of my dungeon, and the very first one I couldn't win because of the heroes that did not dig out of their own fort.

Problem solved: Get the Destroy Walls spell and use it to destroy White wall... I think the objective was not clear enough

EDIT: You will find it from revealed spot

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMaster21 View Post
    Problem solved: Get the Destroy Walls spell and use it to destroy White wall... I think the objective was not clear enough

EDIT: You will find it from revealed spot
    Problem unsolved: I already have all the magic spells including destroy walls. But you don't need it to break through the white wall because you can just dig through it from the south. So I first made a path from my own dungeon to the yellow dungeon to claim the gems. This allowed me to imprison the hero parties that spawn every payday and add them to my army. Then I used that army to take the white fortress and get the destroy wall spell. When I did yellow got imps but did do nothing else, perhaps because I already claimed his area.

The objective was clear, but I did not take the route you thought I would take and broke the level.

I see, then I tell a problem:

If I replace wall to impenetrable rock, creatures fighting with heroes will break... That's why there is a wall, you know... to break it out, you can eventually make it...

...I do not understand, how much creatures yellow keeper gets? It should get about 10

EDIT: oh okay, there should be then a "stopper" to not claim ANY of yellow keeper's area

EDIT: I see this is a difficult level to make it on stable, to not break it on wrong, or any. Also this is a very difficult at end, so hmm...

The main thing in this campaign is that you have many options to choose for your gamingstyle. That's why a "sandbox" effect.

EDIT3: I also see the thing as alliance changement. It should be changed when PLAYER3 gets 10 creatures in his dungeon.
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; March 11th, 2015 at 00:23.

Yellow never gets the chance to claim his rooms and portal. Is an easy fix: Make a bridge behind the heart to the other bank so the imps claim it even if the CP doesn't dig the wall.
    Also, you can make the wall impenetrable from the south by making it like this:
    Code:

This is what's difficult about making levels, it is not about what you want the player to do, but about all the shit he can do and it may never break.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Yellow never gets the chance to claim his rooms and portal. Is an easy fix: Make a bridge behind the heart to the other bank so the imps claim it even if the CP doesn't dig the wall.
    Also, you can make the wall impenetrable from the south by making it like this:
    Code:

This is what's difficult about making levels, it is not about what you want the player to do, but about all the shit he can do and it may never break.
    I will look more into about these levels after the .pot file and .dat file is done

EDIT: Actually, it should be taken off whole wall in there by having 2nd level of Destroy walls, so it only remains a path there. As I said: Break, not to Damage, I should put remove instead of break, hm, but as I told, I will check later
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; March 12th, 2015 at 02:06.