Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Har campaign - Download

Warlock

Default Re: Heroes of Har campaign - Download

Oh, and the level with the yellow keeper is impossible, since you turncoated just as a massive hero army heads towards your dungeon and your imps happen to be incompetent morons.

Massive hero army, which can't be defeated? it is planned

Warlock

And some of the levels are outright unwinnable, such as the Dark Descent (Can't slap my minions or pick them up when there's an urgent fight or monster infighting, or the worst case scenario, your best unit, the goes exploring and randomly smashing doors while you are hog-tied from doing anything about that and making sure your imp doesn't get killed)

Having played it in detail, this is a feeble attempt at making a Metal Gear Solid esque level and the whole campaign makes you feel like you are bashing your skull against a Reinforced Concrete Wall.

Another problem that I'd like to report occurs 2 levels before Dark Descent, namely, there's no win objective, forcing me to use the win game instantly cheat.
    Last edited by Hades; March 15th, 2015 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    And some of the levels are outright unwinnable, such as the Dark Descent (Can't slap my minions or pick them up when there's an urgent fight or monster infighting, or the worst case scenario, your best unit, the goes exploring and randomly smashing doors while you are hog-tied from doing anything about that and making sure your imp doesn't get killed)

Having played it in detail, this is a feeble attempt at making a Metal Gear Solid esque level and the whole campaign makes you feel like you are bashing your skull against a Reinforced Concrete Wall.

Another problem that I'd like to report occurs 2 levels before Dark Descent, namely, there's no win objective, forcing me to use the win game instantly cheat.
    there is a win objective, capture portal. you get bridge once all heroes are killed.

And that's right, no picking up... You need to be wise man to control the thing by using creature behaviour and controlling the thing with guard post...

I guess I need to make a walkthrough as well... I will make it once I have done .dat and .pot file, haven't done anything in 3 days, got a bit tired, need an inspiration back...

I wasn't a plan making campaign hard, but something different. I know The Dark Descent might be frustrating, but remember to use save game on specific spots. Once you get a library, it is like walk in a park...

Oh, there is a little secret, you can actually get picking up creatures spell, though it is for "easy mode" but working one ( no, not waiting 15 hours or so )

I don't think it is a good idea to spend time on creating a walkthrough,... people shouldn't need one to play the maps. I think your time would be better spent making sure that it is clear for people what they need to do.

I haven't played that level yet, but if there's a level where you need to capture a portal, tell the player that is his goal. If he needs a bridge to do so, make sure he knows where he can get a bridge.
    A player doesn't mind figuring stuff out, but this is dungeon keeper, so that should be dungeon keeper stuff, so he wants to figure out how to build the dungeon, which creatures to use to defeat the heroes, stuff like that.

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMaster21 View Post
    there is a win objective, capture portal. you get bridge once all heroes are killed.

And that's right, no picking up... You need to be wise man to control the thing by using creature behaviour and controlling the thing with guard post...

I guess I need to make a walkthrough as well... I will make it once I have done .dat and .pot file, haven't done anything in 3 days, got a bit tired, need an inspiration back...

I wasn't a plan making campaign hard, but something different. I know The Dark Descent might be frustrating, but remember to use save game on specific spots. Once you get a library, it is like walk in a park...

Oh, there is a little secret, you can actually get picking up creatures spell, though it is for "easy mode" but working one ( no, not waiting 15 hours or so )

The thing with the Portal is that I claimed it yet the Win condition doesn't appear to take effect.

As for "The Dark Descent", what happens when your minions mutiny due to lack of food/sleep/pay and you can't get them behind the guard post? It isn't "wise man" in the slightest when the imp, while you are going to pains to stopping your thief's rampage in the middle of the enemy base, eats a Poison Gas Trap while you are absolutely unable to do anything about it. That isn't strategy, it's bashing your skull against a reinforced concrete wall.

What next, having to beat 10 with 1 level 1 fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    The thing with the Portal is that I claimed it yet the Win condition doesn't appear to take effect.

As for "The Dark Descent", what happens when your minions mutiny due to lack of food/sleep/pay and you can't get them behind the guard post? It isn't "wise man" in the slightest when the imp, while you are going to pains to stopping your thief's rampage in the middle of the enemy base, eats a Poison Gas Trap while you are absolutely unable to do anything about it. That isn't strategy, it's bashing your skull against a reinforced concrete wall.

What next, having to beat 10 with 1 level 1 fly?

You are right, the win condition appears to be wrong, so if you took it, you have won... Sorry about that..

About The Dark Descent... Do you think the Thief is really that important?

Also, you have to "fool" them out the enemy creatures. If you have dragon inside your dungeon, possess it and use grenades, you will do great.

Sell the guard post, after white creatures have noticed there is a way, put it back on and possess a Dragon. Make sure your imp is also in dungeon.

You can kill all enemies by this how. Thief isn't important

EDIT: And as I have told, secrets are everywhere.

EDIT: as being a strategy game, every level contains a strategy, use your imagination
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; March 17th, 2015 at 00:28.

Warlock

Finished that level, but the next one won't load at all. It just freezes at the loading disc.

Now then I do not know where is the problem, as for me, after 5 seconds,my game starts to run that level in campaign. :O

Warlock

For the record, I'm using version 0.4.5.1637