Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Har campaign - Download

Default Re: Heroes of Har campaign - Download

I just asked dotted on discord. (His private one, not the keeperklan discord.) It's not disabled, he just now found out it's broken and he'll fix it sometimes later this week.

Understood... now adding a file.

EDIT: I will play in near future very first time after two years.... This will help to fix all kinds of errors there may have been. I know there are quite few...
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; March 25th, 2019 at 19:03.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Uploading should now be fixed.
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

Alright... I have played 5 realms so far... And... I can say to myself that this is WAY TOO LONG and frustrating...I don't think this is even decent campaign at all...

However, I did like some of the parts in here and there... I liked a lot! But still it isn't simply enough. I don't really recommend to play this in mind with quick game, this takes a lot of time and lots of trials and errors, it is like requiring perfect game all the time. Some of the events triggered does not make sense, while few other events fits exactly as it would please.

But because as I said I will update this, so be it... It will be mainly on scripts though, as I have no idea how I should edit the map exactly.

The only thing this campaign WOULD really save it's face is if a player likes to have a game in long term and giving a lot of time, perhaps then it would barely be a decent, but that's a long shot. I only remember two maps of this and after several year break, it feels totally different compared back then. All I can say is to not recommend to play this... ( Of course, I have only played 5 maps so far, but I doubt it will improve much from this )...Sorry

EDIT: Now at level 10, have done some edits in both scripts and maps. Gameplay itself has slightly improved imo, but far from recommendation. At least it does not cause that many bugs out.

EDIT2: Now all 21 levels + bonus levels played. Despite I still won't recommend this campaign, it was a satisfaction to actually play all 21 levels. Seems last level is bugging out, due scripting error, and will be fixed. Also last level will be spiced up a bit.

I think I will also add whole new level, which should be a moon level. Which kind of it is? I dunno, let's see if I can make a good one!
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; June 2nd, 2019 at 19:28.

Quote Originally Posted by dotted View Post
    Uploading should now be fixed.
    Still no luck here. Same result as last time.

Double post... but I finally managed to add file for latest version of this campaign.

ReadMe file is inside hoh folder.

EDIT: Triple post
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; May 25th, 2020 at 19:54. Reason: it is finally up.

Hi, I've been playing your campaign and I'm currently on the final level. So far I've been enjoying it and found the levels to have a good deal of thought put into them. I generally have not found the levels to be tedious, unlike what you have said about it!

Just a note, not sure where to put this but I did get stuck on the level "Walls and Borderlands". I felt as though the intention for this level was to dig through neutral walls to reach the hero heart but in the current version this is not possible. Unless I am missing something from this level?

Aside from that I have not encountered any issues with the maps. Thanks for making it!
    Last edited by Treebeard; October 14th, 2020 at 22:33.

If that was indeed your intention for that level UM21, and you like to keep the level like this, I added the 'dig through neutral walls in possession bug' the the 'classic bugs' options. So add this classic bug for your campaign to make it possible again.

Thanks! I do not remember it, but I will check it out once I am not-so-much-busy. Haven't touched things since... a long time. I do not even remember the map.

I am not sure why you have able to enjoy this campaign, but if you say so, then I have done at least something correctly. Now, as being older and time has passed, things happen to be watched from different perspectives. But yeah, I will check it out once I am able to focus DK stuff again. I did check quickly and lot of new things have happened! Thanks for that.

EDIT: IIRC the final level is kinda cheat and probably poorly made.

I have to say it was quite refreshing to see someone playing campaign completely different way than I was expecting! That means it is NOT THAT MUCH requiring certain aspects I mentioned on topic! To be honest, I am rather glad! Thanks!

However, this brings up yet ANOTHER update, but expect to take it a while. I may consider to add .po file and add text string there... but in other hand my english is not native language, so technically speaking I need someone else to do it ( or fix it )

EDIT: Have to check myself that level 16. Trying it now!

EDIT: Alright! If attempting to wall up enemies too long, it will become impossible to win. I do not like this scenario to be happening, so I definitely need to come up better solution with this realm. The chance to get over neutral wall is to give time for yellow keeper to research Destroy Walls spell and therefore capture the library from it in order to use it and get through neutral walls. Yellow keeper researches it pretty fast, being first spell to research with 750 game turns.

You are not supposed to defeat Yellow Keeper that easily so I know now what to do.
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; November 22nd, 2020 at 06:32.