Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Har campaign - Download

Default Heroes of Har campaign - New version incoming

EDIT: 09.01.2023: I have waited more than few weeks... waiting time is soon over: https://keeperklan.com/threads/4961-...ll=1#post58275

Version 1.3 is finished and released to public

21 levels and 5 bonus levels. Custom landview and mentor voice of landview

Compatible with KeeperFX 0.4.5.1604 or higher. ( EDIT: And only for KeeperFX )

Thanks to people who assisted me.

Every map is tested, and played through, but there might be planning errors, or even bugs. EDIT: Contains now much less of all of these.

Got questions, need help? Simply post a reply in this topic.

Thanks, it was interesting with these 3-4 months

EDIT2: Oh, and README file contains in hoh folder, as documentation

EDIT3: Added and replaced new version, as it contained few errors and bugs.
    EDIT4: Found that map names are not showing up... But that's not a big deal.
    EDIT5: I noticed it actually needs approppiate text_eng.dat, which one is missing and borrowed from other campaign. Anyone up to create po. file? Or I can do it myself as well, but no chance to change it to the .dat version. Too bad
    EDIT6: 1.0.4 released

EDIT7: 1.0.5 released. People who had problems to finish first map, should now be possible as much as it can be, without sacrifacing atmosphere of original creation. Please give feedback and so on

EDIT8: 1.0.6 released. Errores in lvls 3666 and 3667

EDIT9: 1.0.7 released. Now map level names are shown. Next update will be with own po. file added

EDIT10: 1.0.8 released. Fixed a stupid bug in level 3667, as you could not be able to pick up your creatures. ( It was the idea creatures will research it, but it would have taken too long anyway, making player bored)

EDIT11: 1.0.10 announced. It will have minor to drastic changes. Release plan day: Before Christmas eve.

EDIT12: 1.0.10 released, after 2 year private maintenance... if this file has not been edited and released as new version, please feel free to edit it out as you feel.!

EDIT13: 1.1 Announced, contains brand new map and several and critical fixes. Waiting to get actually attached here properly.

EDIT14: REMOVED

EDIT15: Removed due .cfg file missing.

EDIT16: Here's package with .cfg added: Heroes_of_Har_Ver_1_3.7z

Double-Checked... and indeed there is now all properly attached into single package. ( Map Level 3666, 2nd level, has incorrect comparsion set on FLAG. It is "=". It SHOULD be "==". Does not break the game if you successfully play it through though. Fixed in unreleased version.

Note: I do not recommend this campaign really to anyone, even so if it works and functions. It was done back then with very limited things and gameplay requires to be perfect to clear this campaign. However, it's not because it is TOO HARD, but because it is focusing on trial and error and somewhat RNG.
    There are some good aspects as well, especially the brand new Bonus Level, which is very different compared to campaign. However, here it is, with several fixes added, ( not all fixes, due I do not remember, but look README at hoh folder. )

Edit 22.11.2020 : Alright... after I saw gameplay videos of this campaign.. it is not THAT bad! But definitely needs one last improvement. I may think to add .po file as well, but I was told my grammar isn't great. Of course, english isn't my native language, but I was not expecting to have that much off.

WALKTHROUGH by Thetreebeard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1mA...XKm4lUHkX310CD
    EDIT: Level 21 ( map level 03685 ) is strongly edited. Walkthough not supported at all in this case.

EDIT 24.07.2021 14.04: I will wait some weeks now, to see what kind of feedback there might come in, related to last level and perhaps on whole campaign, if any. If no critical errors have found, I will make .po file and finally setting this case as closed, never touching it into again. Perhaps new mentor voices by taking less errors on pronouncing words and stuffs like that.

In the meantime, I am currently playing level map level 03690, Limited Free For All: I have to say, I find this level particularly interesting because it's... random. Although must be played properly through, but outcomes may vary a lot. Slightly cruel though.
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; January 9th, 2023 at 17:40. Reason: Updated

Default Re: Heroes of Har campaign - Download

I'm playing through the first level now.

- If you just want to change the level names, you could simply take the gtext_eng.dat from keeperfx, copy it and modify the level names in there with notepad++.

- In your campaign.cfg, I think it is best to keep the settings you don't use commented out, instead of empty. But KeeperFX seems to fall back to defaults, so perhaps no problem there.

- Check your log file for errors. Load a map, close the game, look in your log, fix all the errors and continue with the next map. For example in your first map, these are the errors:
    Code:
    Config(line 18): parse_campaign_common_blocks: Levels list empty in "EXTRA_LEVELS" command of Campaign config file.
    Warning: parse_campaign_common_blocks(line 9): Couldn't read "CREATURES_LOCATION" command parameter in Campaign config file.
    Warning: parse_campaign_common_blocks(line 10): Couldn't read "CONFIGS_LOCATION" command parameter in Campaign config file.
    Config(line 18): parse_campaign_common_blocks: Levels list empty in "EXTRA_LEVELS" command of Campaign config file.
    Warning: parse_campaign_common_blocks(line 22): Couldn't recognize "HIGH_SCORES" parameters in [common] block of Campaign config file.
    Error: command_magic_available(line 89): Unknown magic, 'SLAP'
    Error: command_add_tunneller_party_to_level(line 154): Party of requested name, 'FIFTH_STRIKE', is not defined
    Warning: command_quick_objective(line 165): Quick Objective no 8 overwritten by different text.
    First impressions: It is noticeable that English isn't your first language, but that gives you a proper 'evil accent' in the campaign speech.

Also, I don't think you intended to force all the creatures.

CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,HELL_HOUND,1,1) -> You get 1 hell hound even if you have no scavenger room, the rest once you have the room(available, 1 forced)

CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,HELL_HOUND,1,0) -> You can get hell hounds as soon as you have a scavenger room (available, 0 forced)

CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,HELL_HOUND,0,0) -> You can't get hell hounds

You used the top one, so you get all creatures from the start. Also heroes I see.
    Last edited by YourMaster; March 2nd, 2015 at 20:48.

The funny thing is I wasn't intended to do like that, but after that, it makes the game in first level a bit more challenging...

Remember, I was learning the scripting in first time, but I will do a fix as I found erro in creatue avaibility.

Yes, Evils and Goods are mixed on here, though no one in here is "good". That's what it happened. Then I followed it. It is alot different than any other campaign, everything is mixed up, and full of suprises!

Yeah, I am from Finland, but I tried very best.

When you have some time, let's finetune the things better. But go on. There is challenge by the way for you, you like fights?

When have time in some point, I will make more properly the .dat .

(Now I am playing thug of war first time, making tight, but still surviving)

EDIT: "as I found erro in creatue avaibility." DDDDDDDDDDDDDD ROFL

I had to give up on the first level. I couldn't win anymore.

The objective said I had to destroy the dungeon heart of the heroes, but I couldn't get there because of the reinforced wall. I think you wanted the tunneler to destroy it from the inside out, but he didn't.
    I mined out the map, trained all my creatures until I ran out of gold, claimed the rooms to the north, but no more heroes and nothing to do.

Bug or did I do something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMaster21 View Post
    The funny thing is I wasn't intended to do like that, but after that, it makes the game in first level a bit more challenging...
    Remember, I was learning the scripting in first time, but I will do a fix as I found erro in creatue avaibility.

Yeah, I am from Finland, but I tried very best.

When you have some time, let's finetune the things better. But go on. There is challenge by the way for you, you like fights?

When have time in some point, I will make more properly the .dat .

(Now I am playing thug of war first time, making tight, but still surviving)

EDIT: "as I found erro in creatue avaibility." DDDDDDDDDDDDDD ROFL
    What do you mean, you found an error in creature availability on Thug of War?

Anyhow, the errors on the first map of your campaign are not just the creature availability. The other errors mean that one of your hero parties will never spawn, and that one of your objectives won't display:

QUICK_OBJECTIVE(8,"Keeper! Defeat the Lord of Land and destroy Har's dungeon heart!",PLAYER_GOOD)
    QUICK_OBJECTIVE(8,"Excellent! Har's minions are defeated and the realm of Brumtal is yours! It is time to rise and conquer the falsements!",ALL_PLAYERS)

P.S.: I'm on an old computer now, had to redownload notepad++ and downloaded my own(outdated) script plugin from this forum, but I noticed the latest version of notepad++ has a spellcheck which just checks the objectives(not the code). Useful for me as my English isn't that great either, but can be nice for you as well as it highlights some of your typo's.

( this section was different to ontopic )

Are you sure? There was incoming tunneller party, which would come behind the heart, and would destroy that wall... it was that kind of idea...

Pity that everything goes an error in first map. I guess you were already done before first payday?

EDIT: nevermind, I will remake it a bit, if then it would show up. For me it did... Maybe it is still too slow pace, I dunno.

Anyway, try more, skip first one, there is nothing much to do... yet

EDIT2: Damn, I am annoyed... First map and ruined...I just cool down for a bit and start doing more carefully ( I still do not believe how that could be happen )

EDIT3: Okay, no problem. I add Destroy Walls spell to be researched, incase if that occurs again ( for me, they did brake the wall). I also fix the errors
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; March 2nd, 2015 at 21:50.

It was several paydays later. Parties did spawn, and I sometimes saw some white on the map in the stone box at the very north.

Just added 1.0.5, now it should be possible to finish it properly.

Also, I could not make it any text.dat file, Should I download notepad++?

EDIT: I don't know, after I saw all the errors, I bet my hero party was a lucky winner for me, as it did break that wall for me, and never noticed any errors. Maybe because I did never look log on those days, unless now. hehe

EDIT2: Please continue

EDIT3: 1.0.6 released
    Last edited by UnknownMaster21; March 2nd, 2015 at 22:37.

Yeah, I'll skip over one and continue with the campaign with the latest version.

Notepad++ is a very nice text-editor, not just for dungeon keeper levels/configs but in general, but not needed. You could open the gtext_eng.dat that comes with the game with regular notepad that comes with windows as well and edit just the level names. But it's no big deal.

Yeah, I will make it somepoint, if interested enoughly, or someone else has nothing else to do and wants to give a handy help

Spider

In the campaign cfg file, there are NAME_TEXT and NAME_ID. The NAME_ID takes precedence, and reads from the text file. So just put a ; in front of NAME_ID and it'll use your manually modified name.

dayo