Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Forcing AI to attack another AI

  
  1. #1

    Default Forcing AI to attack another AI

    Is it possible?

    I have tried meddling around with computer processes but this never seems to work reliably. In a level where a computer player has access to gems their Imps seem to only be interested in mining gems are rarely if ever proceed to capture land of other players. It also seems that when Imps finally do start claiming the land, if there is a room to be captured they will capture the room and then run off and forget about the rest.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Forcing AI to attack another AI

    In before Loobinex bursts in and starts linking posts on the issues list saying "SEE MEF, I TOLD YOU THE IMP PRIORITY IS WRONG".

    - - -
    There are ways to fix this although some more information would be nice. I know for a fact imps will regularly neglect/interrupt claiming duties if they don't have direct access to their own dungeon heart.

    If that's not a problem, reduce the computer players gems to a single face. Three imps non-stop mining will still produce enough for what the AI needs and the excess imps will be free to perform other tasks.

  3. #3
    KeeperFX Author mefistotelis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,236

    Default Re: Forcing AI to attack another AI

    Quote Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
    Forcing AI to attack another AI
    Yeah, there's no sure way to achieve that. And I'm not sure if its even possible to implement it in a way which gives certainty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
    In a level where a computer player has access to gems their Imps seem to only be interested in mining gems are rarely if ever proceed to capture land of other players.
    This doesn't sound like latest version of the game. Now if imp is digging indestructible block, he will check whether to go to other tasks every few times it returns gold to treasury. Try latest nightly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
    It also seems that when Imps finally do start claiming the land, if there is a room to be captured they will capture the room and then run off and forget about the rest.
    Yes, if there are no jobs very close to the place imp was digging/claiming, he may get another job.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Forcing AI to attack another AI

    Quote Originally Posted by Auxin View Post
    Is it possible?

    I have tried meddling around with computer processes but this never seems to work reliably. In a level where a computer player has access to gems their Imps seem to only be interested in mining gems are rarely if ever proceed to capture land of other players. It also seems that when Imps finally do start claiming the land, if there is a room to be captured they will capture the room and then run off and forget about the rest.
    I've tried it as well, and also with limited success. One thing to try for example is to place an action point in between the 2 computer players and from there spawn one tunneler party to attack a computer player each. Then when there is a tunnel in between they will get into some fights. They most likely won't finish each other off though.
    You can also tweak some of the computer player processes, this is the result when I tried that. Could work when they are relatively close.

    And indeed, claiming a dungeon doesn't work so well in KeeperFX in comparison to the original dungeon keeper. This also happens with your own imps, if they claim a room they don't continue claiming on the other side. As a player you can pick up imps and make them continue, for computer players this stalls the advance for a long time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    In before Loobinex bursts in and starts linking posts on the issues list saying "SEE MEF, I TOLD YOU THE IMP PRIORITY IS WRONG".
    Well, you made it. And here I thought I was being helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Getting Computer Players to attack
    By YourMaster in forum DK1 Mapmaking
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: July 18th, 2016, 23:10
  2. Magic door and magical attack
    By mefistotelis in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2014, 15:16
  3. Melee attack for the Dragon
    By DragonsLover in forum Dungeon Keeper 1
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: August 14th, 2010, 22:21
  4. Bomberman 64 - The Second Attack Parodies
    By Metal Gear Rex in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2010, 19:17

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •