Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New sacrifices

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: New sacrifices

I say no Avatar, just Chicken him and throw your forces at him and then boom, he's out and converted.

Hmm.... I like the heroes but... I gotta admit you provide a good point of torturing... I love torturing them... *Laughs madly*

Yeah I must have forgotten about that ARMY OF KNIGHTS thing... alright. I still want my hero army.

How about this?

Giant+Bile Demon=Chicken Enemies

Or is that too powerful?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex
    When the Tentacle has Freeze, I he bests the Orc. Too bad he trains slowly.
    Personally, I'd prefer keeping both the Orc and Demon Spawn than using them to get a Tentacle... I will give my suggestion to get them later below.

Hell Hound is actually very powerful, you don't need to possess them for the flame breath trick because they already do alot of damage with melee as well, I know. I created a level with them. It was too easy.
    But a Hell Hound is weaker than a Dragon. A Hell Hound is just a little improved version of the Skeleton. The Hell Hound has a better armour, and more health points, but that's mostly all (if not considering the spells). He causes the same amount of damage and have the same defence values of the Skeleton. Sure, a Dragon doesn't cause a lot of damage with his Flame Breath, but he can tough way longer in battles.

If the Dark Gods did not want to give us heroes, why did they give us a Torture Chamber?
    I hope you're kidding?

Dark Gods have nothing related with the Torture Chamber... And that room is the much entertaining room to get heroes. How fun it is torturing those pesky heroes! But I can see you just realized it, so it's okay.

How does this sound...

Bile Demon+Dragon+Orc=Knight
    Sounds to be easier to get than the previous one... considering that Demon Spawns are only possible to get for the early levels of the original campaign. You can get Orcs more often than Demon Spawns. All the creatures above are easy to get, and thus it'd be very easy to get Knights, ruining the game completely.

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis
    As about Avatar sacrifice, what if the combination gives ENEMY Avatar (belonging to heroes)?
    Also, it's quite hard to get all the required creatures at once - so I think it will be used very rarely.
    So, what do you think about it?
    Enemy Avatar or not, I somewhat disagree again. Don't forget that the Avatar is mean to be the "big boss" of Dungeon Keeper in the original campaign. Having the possibility to sacrifice those creatures and heroes, even if it'd be very hard to get them, means that you could get the "boss" at an earlier level. Even worst, you could even transfer him to the next realm with a bonus so that, at every level you start, you become invincible getting him in your army, even at Tulipscent or Blaise End!

It doesn't make sense that Dark Gods send the hero with the purest heart, considering it's their worse enemy.

So, in my humble opinion... no Avatar from sacrifices, please.

Giant+Bile Demon=Chicken Enemies

Or is that too powerful?
    A bit. You're sure to get the advantage and well, it would suck a bit. I'm so-so with that one...

// Dragon + Hell Hound + Orc = Horned Reaper
    Acceptable... But why another recipe to get him when there's one already?

Here's my opinion on good rewards :

HellHound would be nice, being the rarest creature you can get as you need the latest Scavenger Room to attract them. Also, it's Dark God's pet!
    My recipe suggestion :
    Skeleton + Skeleton (+ Skeleton) = HellHound
    I know this goes against the general rule a bit... But Skeletons are well suited. We can get them often, not like the HellHounds and they almost have the same stats.

Tentacle would be a nice one. He's attracted by temples too...
    My recipe suggestion :
    Fly + Beetle = Tentacle

Orc would be acceptable as well, but they're easier to get than Mistresses as the Barracks is researched before the Torture Chamber. But anyway...
    My recipe suggestion :
    Troll + Troll = Orc
    "Troll + Demon Spawn" as already suggested is acceptable as well, if just that you can get Trolls more often than Demon Spawns, those being in the early levels mostly. I'm so-so... Which one do you prefer?

Here are some other suggestions :
    Dragon + Dragon (+ Dragon or Warlock) = Heal All
    Orc + Orc (+ Orc) = Protect All
    Fairy (+ Fairy) = Fly All
    Avatar = All your creatures become level 10 (I'm so-so)
    Knight = All your imps become level 10 (if possible, but still, I'm so-so)

That's all I can think for now.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Ghost

Here are some other suggestions :
    Dragon + Dragon (+ Dragon or Warlock) = Heal All
    Orc + Orc (+ Orc) = Protect All
    Fairy (+ Fairy) = Fly All
    Avatar = All your creatures become level 10 (I'm so-so)
    Knight = All your imps become level 10 (if possible, but still, I'm so-so)
    I like this, but lose the Imp thing.

I dont know if you can combine 1 creature with two recipes?

1 imp = -150 imp cost
    3 imps = 1 level 3 imp?

Imp

I have to say I wouldn't add a lot when it comes to positive sacrifices. I could see maybe one or two additional formulas, but you have to consider that it has two major effects on the game.

The first is that it makes certain creatures less unique when you can get them from the temple. Vampires, skeletons, ghosts, Horned Reapers, Hellhounds, and Tentacles are all supposed to be either rare or have specific means of getting them.

The second is that you take more control away from the level designer when you add these new recipes. If I don't want Orcs available in a given level, but suddenly they can come from the temple, then I have to now kill the temple as well, and that automatically nullifies any of its other strategic uses.

Some of the things suggested previously are pretty outlandish and would seriously mess up the game balance IMO.

What would be really great is if you could control the available recipes via the map script. Then my second point would be nullified entirely. You could add as many normal or even ridiculous recipes as you wanted and it wouldn't have to have any effect on maps not designed for them.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar
    The first is that it makes certain creatures less unique when you can get them from the temple. Vampires, skeletons, ghosts, Horned Reapers, Hellhounds, and Tentacles are all supposed to be either rare or have specific means of getting them.
    I haven't specified recipes for getting Vampires, Skeletons, Ghosts and Horned Reapers as I know it's possible to get them from another way (or for the Horned Reaper case, from another recipe).

As for HellHounds and Tentacles, it's different.

Yeah, it's true. Tentacles are meant to be some kind of "bonus" creatures used in watery areas in some levels. And, well, the temple is somewhat used to get "bonus" creatures. I don't see what's bad to give a little opportunity to get them more often.

But for HellHounds, they are meant to be attracted through portals. The bad thing is that it requires the latest Scavenger Room to get them and generally, the creature max limit is reached before having the possibility to build the room and attract them. So, I don't see why it'd be bad to give a little opportunity to get them from another way...

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar
    The second is that you take more control away from the level designer when you add these new recipes. If I don't want Orcs available in a given level, but suddenly they can come from the temple, then I have to now kill the temple as well, and that automatically nullifies any of its other strategic uses.
    That's indeed a really down side and it's why I mentioned to be careful. But if it's just about the Orcs, I was just giving a suggestion. Perhaps it would be better to let it like it is actually : Barracks = Orcs. Barracks is kinda a room that is early researchable as well.

But I can understand you, here's what I said earlier :
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover
    Personally, I enjoyed those of the original game. They were enough sufficient and didn't use very strong creatures. Poor insects were made for this purpose.
    But here, I just want to give a "little" extra boost. Just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzie
    1 imp = -150 imp cost
    3 imps = 1 level 3 imp?
    You can't. A single imp gives an effect already. You can't use it to do combinations or combos.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Tentacle is also attracted by the Temple, so I can see why Temple Sacrificing is good... but what to Sacrifice? Demon Spawn+Spider?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

I see that it's hard to find universal opinion about sacrifices - so I've decided to put them into .CFG file.

I have prepared some new 'good' recipes, but I don't have much 'bad' ones. So if you have an idea, or you like a idea that was mentioned before, please write about it.

I will publish the complete list later for further discussion.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; November 25th, 2009 at 22:47.

Gamer IDs

Something useful to know would be what rewards (good or bad) are possible to get. Does it can alter the amount of Keeper's gold? Does it can affect enemies? Does it can alter walls? Does it can alter imps? What are the possibilities?

Currently, the supported rewards are:

MkCreature - new creature belonging to us (reward)
    MkGoodHero - White hero creature (punishment)
    NegSpellAll - Cast Creature spell on all creatures (punishment)
    PosSpellAll - Cast Creature spell on all creatures (reward)
    NegUniqFunc - Special, unique function (punishment)
    PosUniqFunc - Special, unique function (reward)

Unique functions:

ALL_CREATRS_ANGRY
    COMPLETE_RESEARCH
    COMPLETE_MANUFACTR
    KILL_ALL_CHICKENS
    CHEAPER_IMPS

Spells:

FIREBALL
    FIRE_BOMB
    FREEZE
    ARMOUR
    LIGHTNING
    REBOUND
    HEAL
    POISON_CLOUD
    INVISIBILITY
    TELEPORT
    SPEED
    SLOW
    DRAIN
    FEAR
    MISSILE
    NAVIGATING_MISSILE
    FLAME_BREATH
    WIND
    LIGHT
    FLY
    SIGHT
    GRENADE
    HAILSTORM
    WORD_OF_POWER
    CRAZY_GAS
    DISEASE
    CHICKEN
    TIME_BOMB

Creatures:
    as in level script

I can add new functions if they're cool and easy enough (ie. I like the un-fortify walls idea).

So, any ideas of bad sacrifice?
    Last edited by mefistotelis; November 26th, 2009 at 18:23.

Ghost

Why not implent some DK2 features.

-Make enemy creatures unhappy
    -Make your own creatures happy
    -Stun enemy imps (dunno if that works in dk1 though)

etc.