Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Too quick to play

Default Re: Too quick to play

Quote Originally Posted by Ema64 View Post
    I've opened a Wine bug: 38781.
    I'm not sure if the Wine team will be able to make any sense of your explanation..

I think you should describe them the issue and way of reproduction.
    They should check by themselves whether the reason lies in clock() function precision, or somewhere else.

Hi mef!

It's not so easy to reproduce: I may 'suggest' an hardware but then who knows if other Linux distros do as well as Gentoo? I can't foresee that probably not anyway.

So by speaking to a Wine's developer it should be easy to understand that: oh ok we're using that function maybe another one is better.

If I'm totally mistaken then please tell me so I'll add up some notes to the defect's description.

Just an OT note: I'm seeing you live in Poland. Do you know that the last year I sent my resumee to Cd Projekt Red to work with them? They simply bounced me by saying too much skilled ok a nice and polite way to say go to hell

It's not so easy to reproduce: I may 'suggest' an hardware but then who knows if other Linux distros do as well as Gentoo? I can't foresee that probably not anyway.
    You should describe your configuration in the best way you can. That's all.

So by speaking to a Wine's developer it should be easy to understand that: oh ok we're using that function maybe another one is better.
    You should leave finding solution to the Wine developers. Even if the problem is what I described (which I can't tell for sure, that's only my best guess), the solution is not to find another function, but to scale results of the function in place.

If you want to draw your own conclusions, you should read documentation of the function, ie here:
    http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ctime/clock/

Just an OT note: I'm seeing you live in Poland. Do you know that the last year I sent my resumee to Cd Projekt Red to work with them? They simply bounced me by saying too much skilled ok a nice and polite way to say go to hell
    It is nice and polite, compared to most companies which are answering "we will contact you" and that's it.
    And it may be even the truth - depends on what position you were applying to.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; June 20th, 2015 at 17:31.