Thread: Stream DKFX with Xsplit gamecaster, HELP!

Default Stream DKFX with Xsplit gamecaster, HELP!

Hello i wanted to start streaming what i do in dungeon keeper if it is testing maps or speedrunning etc and i can't make it work. I am using Xsplit gamecaster but i can't get focus on the window i guess it is becouse it isn't DirectX but i don't know for sure.

Sorry for this horror of a text and thx on beforehand.

Default Re: Stream DKFX with Xsplit gamecaster, HELP!

By default the video driver does use directx, but if you want you can use the launcher to change that to windb.
    Have you tried playing in windowed mode? This can be configured in the launcher under 'settings'.

Where is that? I can't find anything about windowed mode.

Edit: scratch that found it but i need to make the game bigger too in this case now
    Last edited by alpe0504; June 2nd, 2015 at 22:47.

I tried to start stream in windowed mode but it still cant mark the game for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by alpe0504 View Post
    I tried to start stream in windowed mode but it still cant mark the game for some reason.
    I have no idea why and if this is normal or not, perhaps somebody else knows, or try to find some Xsplit experts on another board.

If you want a bigger window you select a larger screen resolution in the launcher.

The best solution to run the game in windowed mode, in my opinion, is to use Virtualbox in commutation mode. Virtualbox is a PC simulator (you choose the number of core of your CPU, the amount of RAM, the amount of VRAM, if you want to use hardware acceleration and so on), and the commutation mode is a function of Virtualbox that lets you stretch the resolution of the guest PC in a window of the size that you want.
    Then you will have the perfect window from which record the screen...