Thread: hidden realm no horned reaper

Unhappy hidden realm no horned reaper

Hi dungen keeper fans,

i'm playing dungeon keeper gold with keeperfx

the issue i am having is that every walkthrough i can find says there is supposed to be a horned reaper in one of the hidden realms (the one with the hellhound)
    and i do remember it that way before i had to use keeperfx

is the reaper missing caused by keeperfx?
    if yes, was he removed intentionally? why?

i'd appreciate it if somebody could clear this up

Default Re: hidden realm no horned reaper

It has been removed on purpose because it was deemed to overpowered. Several campaign levels could be won by possessing horny and rushing straight for the dungeon hearth.

See this topic: https://keeperklan.com/threads/3340-...e-bonus-levels

thank you, i read quite a lot of it since i saw the link in your reply.

is there a list of the keeperfx hidden realm rewards somewhere?

also were changes made to minions? i.e. were some made stronger or weaker?
    there are just some late introduced creatures i always threw back into the portal (hound, tentacle) or slapped to death for vampires...oh right, is there a easier way to make vamps? slapping so much is tedious
    Last edited by bern; June 16th, 2015 at 13:27.

I don't think so, but there's just the 6 secret levels so you'll find out.

Some changes where made to creatures yes, look around for the 'dragonslover patch' to find more about that. Much bigger changes have happened though because many things were bugged in Gold that are fixed in KeeperFX. (For example level 9 creatures had spells with spell-power 10, but level 10 creatures had spells with spell power 1 being much weaker).

The easiest way to make vampires is to use the temple to make your imps cheap, than use boulder traps to crush your imps.

i did the boulder trick before its much better then slapping but takes some work too i was just hoping it was possible to drop them in prison or torture them or something. i wonder if its possible for the keeperfx devoloper to add a room that can kill creatures :P

yeah i could just play all the bonus levels to find out but i simply hate some of them and would hate to play them and get a disappointing reward...namely the one you start by possesing a dragon and the fullmoon level

It is possible to add a room that kills creatures, but that's not going to happen. Being able to grow vampires from your own imps is already overpowered and I don't see much other uses for a room like that.
    If you just like vampires so much you can change the config settings to get more vampires. For example change imp.cfg in the creatrs folder and set 'SlapsToKill' to 3 or 4 instead of 20. You can also change the value 'BodiesForVampire' to something less than 10 in fxdata/rules.cfg.
    If you don't want to change the config settings there are many other easy ways to kill imps. When you encounter enemy lightning traps you can throw in many imps that die straight away, and when you lock all your imps in a room you can posses a strong creature(spellcasters work well) and kill the imps in first person mode. Locking creatures/imps in with an angry horned reaper works wonders as well.

I would say though that only the 2 imp-killing levels are worth it for their reward, as they are very very easy and you get a very good creature in return. The others are a lot more difficult than the campaign level afterwards and the rewards aren't that great. In the Moon level you get a thief and in the level you start out with you get to keep your vampire, but I'm not sure a 'transfer creature' special has been introduced that was missing in the original game. Than there's a secret level where you train a demon spawn into a dragon(you get to transfer it) and one where you start with a skeleton and receive a Priestess.

Hell hounds are nice creatures though, they die quickly if you just let them charge in, but if you keep them save they do a lot of damage. Either use them against spellcasters which they destroy, or in mixed combat throw them in last so they pick off many creatures without taking damage themselves.
    Last edited by YourMaster; June 16th, 2015 at 15:47.