Thread: level 18 bugged?

Default level 18 bugged?

is this level bugged? as soon as i get close to the hero's main dungeon and the knight spawns with some adds the adds keep spawning. in fact so many that that i can barly see the hero's dungeon heart (since i like to take my time)
    the obvious solution is to kill them with the lightning spell, but this just feels like cheating your way through a bug

so to counter this i've googled a speedrun video for hints: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukBnIMUiIaE

at about 1 min 10 secs he digs through a wall in a treasure room.
    did i miss something or is he playing a different version than i am cause i cant get through that wall?

btw i got only 4 hidden realms so far. the one missing is the level with a vamp/horny reward where was that one again? <------ didnt want to start a new thread for this
    Last edited by bern; June 20th, 2015 at 16:36.

Default Re: level 18 bugged?

See this topic.

Long story short, in the original game there was a bug in the script of this level causing the programmed loop of creatures not to appear. Dragonslover fixed that in KeeperFX, but nobody really liked the countless low level heroes spawning now, and they could eventually lead to problems. They decided upon a solution in maximizing to total number of heroes that spawned, but unfortunately Dragonslover has disappeared before this was implemented.

I made a revised campaign, a New Game+, which is more or less the original campaign without it being a tutorial. I fixed it by moving the location where it spawns so they make their way towards the players dungeon as soon as they spawn.

You receive the bonus levels in a fixed order, so if you miss the first box, you'll get access to the first bonus level when you grab the second box. I don't know which one you missed. You'll find the boxes in levels 8, 9, 15, 17 and 18.

EDIT:
    I raised an issue on the tracker for this to still be fixed sometimes.

And I don't know how he digs through the wall in the speedrun. Your options are to replay the map and be quicker about it, or use lightningspell or traps to kill the heroes.
    Last edited by YourMaster; June 20th, 2015 at 19:32.

hmm guess i could max out the creatures by making a ton of imps too.

oh well i'll just crush everything with my army right after making them spawn...though it kinda makes those gems redundant

and lol i missed the bonus level box in the 18th level. didnt see it after using the reveal map box. so blind...
    thx for the informations again

It's a hero owned wall without nearby hero tiles to support it. Although the video is low quality and it's hard to tell by colour, neutral wall doesn't have the circles in the middle of each square like player owned wall does (those circles show player colour; neutral is colourless). When a player claims a tile, the game runs a check to see if the adjacent tiles should remain owned or revert to dirt. It looks at the nearby tiles and sees neutral tile (dirt) and neutral tile (unclaimed treasury) with no hero tiles, so it drops it's ownership flags and reverts to dirt.

In the current version of KFX, the treasury is Hero-owned so the wall cannot be dug through until that treasury is claimed.