Thread: Multiplier problem

Default Multiplier problem

Hi guys,

I set up multiplier game on 2 pc on my home network however when game starts and any of players use map game starts behaving strangely. computer assistant switches on and sometime we cannot return back to the keeper screen and game is stuck in map view. Both pc with win 7 64bit. is there something we are doing wrong? both using last stable ver 0.4.6.

Many thanks for advice

Default Re: Multiplier problem

Quote Originally Posted by abedy View Post
    I set up multiplier game on 2 pc on my home network however when game starts and any of players use map game starts behaving strangely. computer assistant switches on and sometime we cannot return back to the keeper screen and game is stuck in map view. Both pc with win 7 64bit. is there something we are doing wrong? both using last stable ver 0.4.6.
    Make sure that both PCs are running exactly the same configuration - including keeperfx.cfg and same selected resolution.

While resolution shouldn't affect gameplay in 0.4.6, there may be another bug related to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Make sure that both PCs are running exactly the same configuration - including keeperfx.cfg and same selected resolution.

While resolution shouldn't affect gameplay in 0.4.6, there may be another bug related to it.
    Thanks Mefistotelis. Will test again later. Do we have to run multiplier game only through tool or is it possible to make batch or cfg file?

The "computer assistant switches on" makes me think that you attempted to enter in a level in which there is the COMPUTER_PLAYER command (i.e not a multiplayer level, but a campaign/free to play one). So, if this is the case, you should edit the mapxxxxx.txt of the level and remove the COMPUTER_PLAYER command. I do it often, and I suggest you to copy the level so you can modify the script as you want without worring about rollback it to normal

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    The "computer assistant switches on" makes me think that you attempted to enter in a level in which there is the COMPUTER_PLAYER command (i.e not a multiplayer level, but a campaign/free to play one). So, if this is the case, you should edit the mapxxxxx.txt of the level and remove the COMPUTER_PLAYER command. I do it often, and I suggest you to copy the level so you can modify the script as you want without worring about rollback it to normal
    Interesting.. Havent thought of that. We tried few maps from multiplier screen..starting 55 i think.. I will check script for computer player.

Quote Originally Posted by abedy View Post
    Do we have to run multiplier game only through tool or is it possible to make batch or cfg file?
    By tool, do you mean launcher? The launcher only prepares command line parameters for the game; you may copy the command line and run it by yourself, either directly or in batch file.