Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: User made maps and KeeperFX

Default Re: User made maps and KeeperFX

Hey,

Goes without saying that I'm unknown to the community so hope you don't mind if I add my 2 cents. I'd recommend adding whether the map has gems or not and fx version it was playtested with to the review criteria. Perhaps also whether the map is classic / typical map or more like a bonus / unique level from the campaign.

I think there's quite a few people like me who come and go that generally prefer maps where you can build up.

If you just want the maps reviewed / tested (or possibly multiple opinions) I don't mind reviewing some from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Badass View Post
    Hey,

Goes without saying that I'm unknown to the community so hope you don't mind if I add my 2 cents. I'd recommend adding whether the map has gems or not and fx version it was playtested with to the review criteria. Perhaps also whether the map is classic / typical map or more like a bonus / unique level from the campaign.

I think there's quite a few people like me who come and go that generally prefer maps where you can build up.

If you just want the maps reviewed / tested (or possibly multiple opinions) I don't mind reviewing some from time to time
    You are in luck, we only accept opinions from people who've hung around for at least 18 months, and you just made the cut. So I'll take your cents and will run with it, when I do some more short reviews I'll include if resources are scarce or abundant.

And sure, there's a big list of maps, try some and let us know if it is worth playing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    I'm currently working on a new level, but what I think would help downloads a lot is if we get quality on the level of your work (Desperation was a really good level that kept me constantly on my toes). Other levels, like Titan or Syndikat just need a bit of tidying up to resolve issues that made them unplayable. Other maps, like Grinics Kreign and Normandy, PURGE!.
    I've played titan, and really liked the map. I checked the script before I did though, and you can't win while you have barracks. Don't build them and sell them as soon as you claim them and the map plays out fine. This indeed needs a fix.
    Last edited by YourMaster; October 4th, 2015 at 01:42.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    You are in luck, we only accept opinions from people who've hung around for at least 18 months
    But that means I don't qualify.

When is the last time we did something with your opinion?

You make my eyes rain.

I'm currently working on a new level, but what I think would help downloads a lot is if we get quality on the level of your work (Desperation was a really good level that kept me constantly on my toes). Other levels, like Titan or Syndikat just need a bit of tidying up to resolve issues that made them unplayable. Other maps, like Grinics Kreign and Normandy, PURGE!.
    Looking at a lot of the maps on keeper.lubiki, I can't help but notice a lot of them haven't really been playtested as such. This can be a problem as it leads to otherwise great levels like Testemfil and Titan virtually unplayable (where continuous hero spawns mean you can't get down to 0 heroes, meaning victory is impossible)
    I've now both played Syndikat and Testemfil, in neither I found a problem. What were the issues you found?