Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: own level always crashes

Default own level always crashes

I have made an own map and I have tried to test it loads of times, but always it causes the game to crash at some point.
    I have been searching for the problem the whole day, but I can't find it.
    This is the only level that causes the game to crash, so it must be in this game.
    can somebody help me finding the problem?
    here are the level files:
    level 200.7z

by the way, I know this level is almost impossible, because of the amount of traps in the hero area, but it's still worth playing...

Default Re: own level always crashes

Please share the log file after a crash, than it's easier to know what the error is.

I already found the problem: tere are too many Add_creature_to_level commands in the level.
    that's what the log file says it causes an error

I deleted some of the commands, and that works now, but still the game crashes
    here are the log file and the updated level:
    keeperfx log file.7z
    map 202.zip

I've looked at the log and it's the pathfinding crash.

All you can do is simplify the map, make sure there aren't to many routes from point a to point b. Limit the tunnels being dug by the keepers, limit the amount of times a creature would have to go from land to water or vice versa to go somewhere.

ok, thanks, but I don't really know how I can limit the anmount of tunnels being dug by the keepers?

Well, you're not going to like the solutions:

• Limit the amount of space they have. For example by walling them in.
    • Have fewer keepers on the map.
    • Use other Computer Players (CP 4, the one used on level 5, hardly does any digging/building).
    • Give the keepers access to fewer rooms/creatures so they will build smaller dungeons.
    • Don't give him many small gold patches to dig towards, but just a single one or gems.
    • Modify the computer player processes.

You could even go so far as to prebuild the complete dungeons for the enemy keepers and to not give them any imps nor the create imp spell. Be sure to give them enough gold. You can than script in that as soon as the player breaches the dungeon or kills a creature the keeper will get imps and the create imp spell. The player will never notice the difference and in fact you can make the keepers an even better challenge with a more interesting dungeon than they would build themselves.

I have done as you said and builded a dungeon for them, which included nearly the whole area they can reach, so now these are the level files: map00202.7z
    But it made it even worse.
    Now the game crashes as soon as I try to start the game.
    I don't know what's the problem, bu here is the log file, maybe you can give me some advise, how to change the level, so that it will work:
    keeperfx.log.7z

I opened the map in the editor, and you did exactly the wrong thing, sorry I wasn't more clear.
    You need to have small, simple dungeons. The more you've dug out, the more rooms and corridors you have the more likely you are to run into this bug. You've dug out the entire map with rooms and whatnot, so it will crash right away.
    In your original map their dungeons started out small, and when the keepers started building the dungeons they became larger until your game crashed. Now you start out massive so you start out with a crash.

ah, oke, then I will make the map a bit smaller, so that there cannot be too much paths.
    I hope it will work this time...