Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: My first single player map: Nostalgia 2016

  
  1. #1

    Default My first single player map: Nostalgia 2016

    Hi, this is my firts DK1 map, I hope someone enjoy it. Regards!


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DK1 Map - There Goes My Hero.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	1635
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TeoHD Arg; February 21st, 2016 at 05:17.

  2. #2

    Default Re: My firts sigle player map: Nostalgia 2016

    I've played it. Thanks for contributing.
    A good first effort.

    What was nicely done, was that you don't get too much starting gold or save gold, and the heroes guarding the gold beyond that are quite powerful in comparison to how much you could have trained your creatures up until this point, but doable.

    In your level objective you have typo, 'heroes' needs to be spelled with an 'e'. Also, you gave this map number 206, which is already in use so people might overwrite another map when they want to play yours. Look here for some free numbers. (Above 1300 is generally save).

    For your next map, you could look into the level script. Currently your level can also be done in for example 'War for the Overworld', but Dungeon Keeper has much more to offer and this is done through the script. For example you can make heroes attack the player so there's something to do besides waiting for your creatures to train strong enough. If you want some examples take a look at this map.

  3. #3

    Default Re: My firts sigle player map

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I've played it. Thanks for contributing.
    A good first effort.

    What was nicely done, was that you don't get too much starting gold or save gold, and the heroes guarding the gold beyond that are quite powerful in comparison to how much you could have trained your creatures up until this point, but doable.

    In your level objective you have typo, 'heroes' needs to be spelled with an 'e'. Also, you gave this map number 206, which is already in use so people might overwrite another map when they want to play yours. Look here for some free numbers. (Above 1300 is generally save).

    For your next map, you could look into the level script. Currently your level can also be done in for example 'War for the Overworld', but Dungeon Keeper has much more to offer and this is done through the script. For example you can make heroes attack the player so there's something to do besides waiting for your creatures to train strong enough. If you want some examples take a look at this map.
    Thanks a lot ! I'm gonna make the changes soon
    Last edited by TeoHD Arg; February 21st, 2016 at 04:41.

  4. #4

    Default Re: My firts sigle player map: Nostalgia 2016

    O, and one more tip: If you build a small (neutral) treasure room close to or against the southern gems the blue keeper will claim it and expand it. It will then be able to mine the gems much more efficiently, have a lot more gold and thus be able to train his creatures much better and provide a better challenge.

  5. #5

    Smile Re: My firts sigle player map

    Done!

  6. #6

    Default Re: My firts sigle player map

    Nope, it is still map 206, now just with a different title.

  7. #7

    Default Re: My firts sigle player map

    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Nope, it is still map 206, now just with a different title.
    Typo: corrected
    Name: changed
    Script and map: new heroes (timer)
    Map number: the same

  8. #8

    Default Re: My firts sigle player map

    Hello, Managed to complete your map. Probably took me a good hour or so to complete. The reveal map special was a big help.

    The only problem I noticed was the I never got around to fighting the Avatar hero party in the center of the map. A shame really, I was Looking forward to that. I'm not sure if it was a bug where they disappeared of the map or whether the blue keeper managed to defeat them first.

    I enjoyed playing your map. Maybe you could do a campaign.

  9. #9

    Default Re: My firts sigle player map

    Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    The only problem I noticed was the I never got around to fighting the Avatar hero party in the center of the map. A shame really, I was Looking forward to that. I'm not sure if it was a bug where they disappeared of the map or whether the blue keeper managed to defeat them first.
    When I played it a while ago blue took out the center party.

  10. #10

    Default Re: My firts sigle player map

    Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    Hello, Managed to complete your map. Probably took me a good hour or so to complete. The reveal map special was a big help.

    The only problem I noticed was the I never got around to fighting the Avatar hero party in the center of the map. A shame really, I was Looking forward to that. I'm not sure if it was a bug where they disappeared of the map or whether the blue keeper managed to defeat them first.

    I enjoyed playing your map. Maybe you could do a campaign.

    I appreciate that you've tried. I have no time to campaign. I made this map as a kind of tribute to this great game, I hope never dies. Thanks for playing, greetings!

Similar Threads

  1. State of the Game – November 2016
    By Mentor in forum War for the Overworld
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2016, 17:10
  2. Patch 1.4.2016 “Fool’s Gold” Release Notes
    By Mentor in forum War for the Overworld
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 1st, 2016, 10:54
  3. Custom Single Player on Wineskin
    By Chag in forum DK2 Troubleshooting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 6th, 2014, 10:10
  4. Dark Angels in Single Player
    By d4rklqrdnem3sys in forum Dungeon Keeper 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 1st, 2010, 14:31

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •