Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OpenKeeper

Default Re: OpenKeeper

Quote Originally Posted by tonihele View Post
    Last commit was yesterday to be nitpicking
    So this is not the right github. Which one is?

OpenKeeper developer

https://github.com/tonihele/OpenKeeper/tree/feature-263

This is the branch where the magic happens if you want to follow it. I have a feeling that if something happens, it is there. And also this graph is the best (not sure what you can see without login):
    https://github.com/tonihele/OpenKeeper/network

OpenKeeper is a dream come true, i hope that you will complete it someday, i always worry about these open source projects because so many of them end up never being completed and i am hoping that that will not happen to openkeeper, thank you for making OpenKeeper, i wish i could help but am no programmer , i signed up just to let you know how much i want to see this project completed or at least in a working state, and how much am looking forward to playing it someday, and to let you know another person out there appreciates your hard work

OpenKeeper developer

Thanks, I hope too that we don't die out At least we dug out the formats quite far so if anything should happen, the initial effort for someone to start again should be quite minimal...

Once you basically rewrite all of DK2 how easy should it be for people to add their own assets, introduce new textures and animations and models, mod it to be more like DK1, etc.? Since with DK2 currently the way it is it is basically impossible.

I see that this is still being developed, very glad to see that. We're cheering you on over here!

OpenKeeper developer

You can already add textures with modern qualities to OpenKeeper. I'm already using almost all the time some fan made textures. Model in the otherhand, well, you can basically do it now already. But there are very strict rules on these. Basically we would need all the stuff to be editable we now already extract from DK 2. Like animation offsets etc. Without those one would basically follow the original model 1:1, just add polygons and add textures. So swapping out models isn't really thought out, but custom textures are working.

So,.... share some screenshots with the fan-made textures.

OpenKeeper developer

Here, is this thread:
    https://keeperklan.com/threads/5145-Custom-graphics

This Portuguese guy made a few basic tile texture replacements. In our wiki we have instructions if you care try it out. It is really simple to swap out the textures.

Development on the GitHub seems to be promising. Looks like you're making progress.