Thread: If people make a campaign for this game

Default If people make a campaign for this game

How many people will play it?

I'm tempted to go back to creating mine but this place seems dead and I'm not sure how often KeeperFX is still being worked on.

Default Re: If people make a campaign for this game

Take a look at the downloads tab of on my user profile and you can see the download numbers of the maps I posted in relation to the upload dates. You'll see that there's not much interest in playing custom maps, but still a bit.

I've uploaded the music files so you'll have ingame music without having to put the CD in and it has received 800 downloads in a year. A map I shared a few months earlier had little over a hundred in the same timeframe. In august last year I uploaded the DKTools because they could no longer be downloaded from DK.net, which had been available years before that and aren't useful for the fast majority of people at all, but still it has almost twice as much downloads as the map I shared a month earlier. Simply put, there's still traffic but not that much interest in user created content.

The maps I uploaded half a year ago have roughly 40 downloads, the map I uploaded this week has 7 downloads,... but these numbers will continue to slowly rise.

And KeeperFX has hardly been worked in over the last few months, hopefully Mefisto is simply on a break and will come back to it in a little while. It's a shame that he left it in this condition, he broke the game in the last few nightlies and there's still the branch of the other developers that did some work. I'd say stable nightly r1813 is the one to play, after that creatures can get stuck in walls and in r1822-r1826 imps disappear from the creature panel.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: If people make a campaign for this game

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    after that creatures can get stuck in walls and in r1822-r1826 imps disappear from the creature panel.
    Are we playing DKII now?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!