Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yet another questions about modding the game

Default Yet another questions about modding the game

Hello Keepers, I'm new on this board as an account, I'm reading this board for a long time like a .

First, my english is bad but I hope it's better than a google translation. (or not at all )

Currently modding Keeper FX 0.4.6 for my own usage (starting with Dragonslover patch as template for that matter and I can share what I do if anyone want know more about).

While researching the board I learned a lot about mapmaking, scripting and cfg files but unfortunaly there is still some unknow things that I couldn't find an answer.

1/ CreatureLoyalty

According to this link: http://dungeonkeeper.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures

Loyalty
    Creature will guard other creatures as they go about their tasks. Unique to Hellhounds, this cool watchdog behavior is rarely observed because their Primary Job is "Seek Enemies," and there is seldom any trouble succeeding at that.
    I believe it should be the case for KeeperFX too? How this exactly works ?
    Looking at this value and according to 40% loyalty increase in creatures.cfg end up with 230 CreatureLoyalty at Lv 10.
    But I couldn't catch this behavior in game yet, I've a with 500 loyalty at Lv 1.

On another note I would like to know if someone has clues about LoyaltyLevel?

2/ I would like to have some information about cap:

Health = 10000 base, max 32767 ? (at Lv 10)
    Strength = 255, max 32767 ? (fun fact the%increase per level to set in creatures.cfg would be ~1416% in order to get around 32767 with 255 base)
    Recovery = what the cap for this ?
    BaseSpeed = 256 max?
    GoldHold = 32767?
    Pay = 32767
    ScavengeRequirement = 1048576? kind of random number
    TortureTime = same as ScavengeRequirement I guess?
    AnnoyLevel = cap for all annoyance are the same? don't know what number
    LevelsTrainValues = again don't know what number could be the max here

3/ HeroVsKeeperCost = 0
    Couldn't find any documentation about this, what the purpose? All creatures has it set to 0 by default.

4/ What happened to Dungeon-Keeper.net ?

I will have more question in the future but for now I would be happy if a savior can give me the answers I need.
    Thanks in advance and have a good day!
    Last edited by watler253; July 13th, 2016 at 21:14.

Default Re: Yet another questions about modding the game

1) Loyalty makes creatures more difficult to scavenge, but the value from the config file is ignored.

3) I think this is somehow supposed to make units more expensive when they are converted, but my random guess is that it doesn't do anything.

4) They are offline. The Polish website as well.
    Last edited by YourMaster; July 13th, 2016 at 23:52.

Thanks for the clarification about Loyalty, so better to set it to 0 in the config file I guess.

For the max/cap, I'm one of these guy that like working with biggest number possible, I'll eventually find few of them during a test session.

For HeroVsKeeperCost, you might be right I think I already talked about this with Dragonslover a longtime ago and probably Bullfrog couldn't code this mechanic at time.

About Dungeon-Keeper.net , sad the board was cool I miss it, lot of content disappeared with the website too. :/

That said I've a new question if you have time to look into it.

5/ Light has no effect at all so I made it an offensive spell but it's for possession mode only, creatures won't use it on their own.

Code:
    [spell19]
    Name = SPELL_LIGHT
    CastAtThing = 0
    ShotModel = SHOT_LIGHTNING_BALL
    Duration = 0

[shot24]
    Name = SHOT_LIGHTNING_BALL
    Health = 24
    Damage = 40
    DamageType = Electric
    HitType = 2
    AreaDamage = 24 60 0
    Speed = 128

In game it look like a ball that electrify at contact and deals damage per health.
    I bring this out cause I want to change Sight (for simple reason: SEE_INVISIBLE is better). I did this:
    Code:
    [spell21]
    Name = SPELL_SIGHT
    CastAtThing = 0
    ShotModel = SHOT_LIGHTNING
    Duration = 0
    The result is funny because they still cast it whenever it's available, and if there is no fight the creature make a lightning shot in the direction he is going.
    Is there something to change elsewhere so it act like a real offensive spell ? The idea is to make a second Lightning spell.
    If not I could play around and make it a real short cooldown and maybe turn it into a physical auto-attack, I can already imagine killing his mate by accident.
    What do you think about this idea?

Also can I change the Sight icon? so it feats what it casts.

What would be best is if I could make a new entry to add a shot for Sight so it could have is own damage/range but the last time I tried keeperfx didn't even load a single level, so either it's not possible to do or I failed. :P

Should I do another thread to talk about ideas like that one? I don't mind using this one.
    Last edited by watler253; July 14th, 2016 at 07:47.

Dungeon-Keeper.net was in some language nobody can understand anyway.

The max value of the stats you can look up in the keeperfx source code - it can be understood even by non-programmers. You can also search this board as they have all been analyzed before.

With the spell, I don't think it can be done as it is still hard-coded how and when they are used. To create a second lightning spell, you've got to give up another offensive spell.
    The spell icons also seem to be still fixed, you could change it by actually changing the icon itself though in the .dat files.

Dungeon-Keeper.net was in some language nobody can understand anyway.
    Indeed, my first language is little hard to learn.

I tried to do something with Sight .
    I switched Fart and Sight in creatures.cfg so Sight was like a melee attack and Fart casted when available,it was fun that Bile Demon fart around not only during a battle. But then I learned Sight is a way to counter Rebound, and it's not something I can throw away considering how Rebound is strong.

Question about Nightly Build:
    http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_nightly.php

I downloaded the last (1826) in stable branch and I can see the patch contain creatrs folder and fxdata folder. But I already did some changes on the .cfg files from 0.4.6 ccp.
    What files are revelant from the patch (I guess the .exe and .dat but maybe something else ? Do I need the .cfg ones to be uptaded or I can stick with version 0.4.6 ccp modified ones? Well It won't bother me that much if I have to redo all my change but still that's unfortunate.

EDIT: About AI Keeper

I want a Keeper that let his own creature do their life, so I use:
    COMPUTER_PLAYER(PLAYER1,8)

The AI will build a dungeon and that's all, it doesn't seem to create imp nor dig any gold, which is my issue.

I know I can just give the AI enough gold at start, give him a pre-placed treasure room with full gold on it so creatures can take their pay without any trouble.

I even did this loop to make sure he has 16 imps and enough gold. (bonus imps are level 10 which is useful for the AI).

Code:
    SET_TIMER(PLAYER1,TIMER1)

IF(PLAYER1,TIMER1 >= 100)
    	IF(PLAYER1,DUNGEON_DESTROYED == 0)
    		IF(PLAYER1,IMP <= 15)
    			NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
    			ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER1,IMP,2,1,10,0)
    		ENDIF
    		NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
    		ADD_GOLD_TO_PLAYER(PLAYER1,400)
    REM	40000 gold received this way before a payday which is enough
    		NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
    		SET_TIMER(PLAYER1,TIMER1)
    	ENDIF
    ENDIF
    How can I make that AI will eventually dig some gold so it can reach a certain area? The purpose is to dig into an hero castle and get slowly crushed - mostly because the AI will not interact with his creatures - then the heros will attack the player since the computer is meant to slow them.

Can I do that with keepcomp.cfg or is this script related only? I would prefer doing that with keepcomp.cfg I don't use these assistant so doesn't matter.

To resume what I basically want is COMPUTER_PLAYER(PLAYER1,8) act like COMPUTER_PLAYER(PLAYER1,6) with the fact it doesn't care about creatures.
    COMPUTER_PLAYER(PLAYER1,6) this one is really aggressive, give it enough power and it will steam roll the realm, unless he suicide early against high leveled hero. :P
    Last edited by watler253; July 18th, 2016 at 00:04. Reason: adding questions

What do you mean sight counters rebound? This is the first time I hear about this, and I don't know how that would work. It counters 'invisibility' of course.

Don't use the latest nightly(r1826), it has several critical bugs that you really won't like. Tunnelers can dig through fortified walls, Imps can pick up spells/specials from anywhere, and the creature panel will break when you lose more imps then you start out with. I recommend using nightly r1793, it doesn't have these bugs yet and you won't miss any functionality you'd want.
    All the files inside the patch could be relevant. If the format of the creature files has changed your game might not work well with the old configs. And I believe 'ShotOrigin' now comes from the config instead of being hardcoded.
    You do get some nice improvements over the main release though, mainly the computer player being much, much smarter.

And you can do both, you can tweak the computer players to your liking, or you can set the computer player processes through the level script.

Why does the AI have to dig to the heroes?

Drop a Hero tunneler party and have them dig to the keeper or use a locked door opened by a timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    or use a locked door opened by a timer.
    Wait what, how do you do that?

Not in a direct sense since we know the script can't modify slabs directly, but there are ways.

- Have the timer spawn a fly for the AI. As he's using computer 8, it won't get moved to a job and will default to explore. It'll find the door and open it up.
    - If it's an interior door rather than an exterior, just spawn the creature on the same tile as the door. It'll knock it down immediately. Kill command to dispose of the evidence.
    - Use a locked door of an unused player. Have the timer kill the player to crumble the door. Or just change alliance states.
    - You could use column mode to disguise an unlocked door as a wall and require one of the AI imps to claim the land next to it before it becomes truly 'active'. I can't see how to make this work with 16 imps running around though. At least not without going back to a tunneler/spawn creature method.
    - This one is a stretch, but you could limit the AI build space and give the AI a huge group of creatures after the timer triggers. The AI will see a massive demand for lair and rapidly expand into the only space it can, presumably into an open cavern with a hero castle. Then you can kill off the creatures, or assume the creatures will die in a battle upon opening the cavern. A cool idea but it'd need a failsafe.

That's not opening a door, that's destroying it. Anyway, I've raised a feature request: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/issues/754