Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yet another questions about modding the game

Default Re: Yet another questions about modding the game

My mistake about Rebound, I misread the file gtext_eng for some reason - hard to explain with my poor english.

Rebound: Causes any spell fired at you to bounce back at the attacker. Fear: Causes the opponent to be terrified and wanting to skip engageing into combat. Sight: Allows the creature to temporarely increase its awareness and notice the invisible. Missile: A simple spell that sends a screaming magic reptile at the invaders. Very disconcerting. Grenade: Throws a powerful explosive at the approaching enemy. It can also bounce off walls and has the traditional delayed fuse. Navigating Missile: This homes in on the nearest hero or enemy creature and explodes with devastating force. Speed: Speeds up the creature so that it can perform fighting and working tasks really quickly. Poison Cloud: Forms a cloud of noxious gas capable of damaging both the enemy and your own creatures. The gas affects all who breathe it. Group: Not used Invisibility: Cast on one of your minions, it makes the host creature invisible to all enemies. Unless they possess a subnatural Sight.
    My brain read :
    Rebound: Causes any spell fired at you to bounce back at the attacker. Unless they possess a subnatural Sight.
    I was like "What ? How in the world I did not know that ?" and then I didn't even think about it and remove my previous change. Good thing I bring this out.

How that would have work? Shots from sight's user would have a propertie called "Unreboundable" or something like that.
    Well that means Rebound is still OP.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out that r1826 has bugs. I downloadeded your recommendation instead andl I can change the icon in magic.cfg now, that's cool.

Why does the AI have to dig to the heroes?

Can't use a tunneller, it will dig toward player dungeon first and I don't want tunnel surrounding the dungeon.

Also I could use a modified AI that build dungeon and dig around but ignore creatures for other maps.
    I did this in keepcompp.cfg
    Code:
    Name = Computer Assist
    NameTextID = 201
    TooltipTextID = 731
    Values = 50 1 1 1 100 1 5
    Processes = RoomTresr RoomLair RoomHatch RoomRsrch RoomWrksh RoomTrain DigEntrn RoomPrisn RoomTortr RoomBarrc RoomGrave RoomTempl RoomScavn DigClGold
    Checks = TrapAvl1 DoorAvl RoomExp6 Money1
    Events = AttkHrt1 RomFTrsr RomFLair PayDay1
    This should do the trick I'm looking for right? The AI should build a dungeon, ignore his creatures and take care about his money. Did I miss something?

Can't you get the tunneler to dig to the desired keeper instead?
    Code:
    ADD_TUNNELLER_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(​[player],​[party name],​[action point],​[head for],​[action point/​target player],​[experience],​[gold])
    And at first glance your CP looks alright, but you can try so yourself.
    To help testing use cheat mode. Put -Alex in your command line when you run the game. When you start the level possess any creature, press F12 to get the cheat menu and you can make the entire map visible. Now you can see what the CP does.

Oh, I didn't realise we can tweak tunneller like that, I usually spawn them with ADD_CREATURE_TO_LEVEL .
    On a side note, I plan to change the tunneller into anoter creature so I try to avoid using them for now until I know for sure what I want to do with them.

Will try the computer later anyway, I can't play with my laptop. (well I could play but graphics are messed up on this machine for some reason)

I usually put a Reveal Map Special Box near my dungeon heart whenever I test my maps, however I believe using the cheat menu also reveal the path when AI dig gold (can't see that with the Reveal Map). In fact I never tried that cheat menu.

Will try the computer later anyway, I can't play with my laptop. (well I could play but graphics are messed up on this machine for some reason)
    It worked but unfortunaly the AI will dig most of the gold on the map (if not all), so I reverted computer 8 to his original settings and I changed the 10 so it acts like the 8 and dig gold.

Quick question ... see that screen :
    (Terre means Dirt)

Code:
    Name = SPELL_SIGHT
    CastAtThing = 1
    ShotModel = SHOT_SOLID_BOULDER
    Duration = 0
    Maybe someone already tried it on his own and can agree with me it's a lot of fun ?!

Issue : The Boulder do not "die" even with 1 Health and killing a lot of units. Any workaround about this or should I forget this idea?

Fact : the user can't be hurt by his own boulder - which is convenient.
    The boulder can hit the dungeon heart, as you can see on the screenshot I killed myself with only one (instant kill with original damage value but if I can get it to works I might change them)

Purpose : The Giant (and maybe Bile Demon idk yet) would have this abilitie, he uses it on his own like a melee attack (I already done this if you remember I switched Fart with Sight in creature.cfg), the cooldown would be long enough so he do not spam them.

Yes, I have also played around with boulder-throwing creatures. Very cool.
    Also very nice is to change the fireball spell to act like flame breath, so you have a massive ray of death.

You can change the creatures to be able to do more damage to boulder traps when hit, so only one or two die from it if you want.

You can change the creatures to be able to do more damage to boulder traps when hit, so only one or two die from it if you want.
    Yes but it doesn't seem to affect the SOLID_BOULDER which is the shot I used (not the same shot the trap use),
    even with 1 health (should die at any contact) this boulder do not break.

Also very nice is to change the fireball spell to act like flame breath, so you have a massive ray of death.
    I have to try that :O So put Flame Breath shot on Fireball spell right?
    Last edited by watler253; August 5th, 2016 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by watler253 View Post
    I have to try that :O So put Flame Breath shot on Fireball spell right?
    No, just tweak the values of the fireball spell. And set the 'repeat trigger'.

edit 2 : SHOT_SOLID_BOULDER is definitly unbreakable.
    I tried with hand/wall/room and a creature, both dealing 5000 damage to boulder - SHOT_SOLID_BOULDER has 5000 health as base value - and still can't break it.
    Might be something in the code that make the solid boulder different, might be intented but don't know for sure, well it will stay as an unused shot.

This means if I want to do a boulder "spell", I have to use the normal trap (SHOT_BOULDER) and then find a good balance, the issue for me is the normal trap will seems useless compared to a creature that can throw them, not sure if making it a level 10 abilitie only will be enough.

Code:
    Name = SHOT_BOULDER
    Health = 320
    Damage = 8000
    DamageType = Physical
    HitType = 2
    AreaDamage = 0 0 0
    Speed = 96
    Properties = SLAPPABLE BOULDER
    This is my own settings, not that powerfull since my creatures has higher health, but it's TOO strong for a spell I think, plus instant kill the dungeon heart, cheap death.
    A player could still slap the boulder to protect his creatures but I'm mostly worried about the AI, I can imagine myself possess a Bile Demon, wait for the AI to drop his whole army and throw a boulder on it, easy game. Or even use conceal before possession, rush the dungeon heart and get the cheapest win ever.

No, just tweak the values of the fireball spell. And set the 'repeat trigger'.
    Oh you meant the instance in creatures.cfg I was looking magic.cfg

Code:
    [instance21]
    Name = FLAME_BREATH
    Properties = MELEE_ATTACK REPEAT_TRIGGER
    Ok, let's see what happen with that propertie on others spells. :P

edit3:
    Nice with Fireball, Awesome with Fire Bomb and totally crazy with Lightning spell.

Spoiler

Notice all the dead body. And this does not make the game crash, good point

What is cool is - as long you don't change the reset time - you can use REPEAT_TRIGGER for possession mode only,
    which make the player has to hold the click to cast spell instead of click spamming.
    I have to do more try but thanks for bringing me this possibility, I might end up giving it to most offensive spell (and maybe even melee attack)
    with the purpose to make possession more useful in fight. (or even if you want break a single magic door with possession, I'm sometime too lazy to spam click for that).
    Last edited by watler253; August 5th, 2016 at 10:13. Reason: adding edit 3 and lost my edit 1 somehow :S