Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Can this feature be revived?

Default Re: Can this feature be revived?

I came across this site after having the itch to play dungeon keeper again I never knew there were sounds exclusive to the soundblaster awe and that people were still dedicated to this old but fantastic game keep up the good work

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanos View Post
    I came across this site after having the itch to play dungeon keeper again I never knew there were sounds exclusive to the soundblaster awe and that people were still dedicated to this old but fantastic game keep up the good work
    Well, they're no longer exclusive to Sound Blaster AWE if you play the most recent version of KeeperFX Unofficial .

These sounds are still being played after I disabled them on the launcher ('No AWE32/64 Banks').

yeah, that doesn't work, that setting is the one on the actual sound card. If you want to disable the new feature, edit the keeperfx.cfg file (with any text editor, e.g. notepad) and change the 'ATMOSPHERIC_SOUNDS' from 'ON' to 'OFF'.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    yeah, that doesn't work, that setting is the one on the actual sound card.
    To add, what that setting does is not disable them, but tells the game to use the pre-loaded SoundFont bank instead (the 'No AWE32/64 Banks' description is misleading). This has no effect in KeeperFX, because no system that KeeperFX runs on supports SoundFonts on the Sound Blaster AWE, and because the recent implementation of the feature is (under the hood) totally different.
    Last edited by AdamP; June 14th, 2019 at 21:59.