Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese

Default Re: Japanese

That would be very easy to do yes.

EDIT: I looked in the speech_jpn from the latest keeperfx, and as far as I can tell those english speeches aren't included there. Where did you look?
    And if you do have the proper speech_jpn, I believe it will automatically play the 'missing' speech files from the default/english one instead. If you don't want that, replace the default one with the Japanese one.
    Last edited by YourMaster; November 22nd, 2018 at 10:45.

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    That would be very easy to do yes.

EDIT: I looked in the speech_jpn from the latest keeperfx, and as far as I can tell those english speeches aren't included there. Where did you look?
    And if you do have the proper speech_jpn, I believe it will automatically play the 'missing' speech files from the default/english one instead. If you don't want that, replace the default one with the Japanese one.
    I used DKSound.exe, and igame10.wav and igame11.wav are the English versions.

Sorry, I was looking at 110 and 111, which aren't there. But you're right. They are there, and you can make a new speech file without those files. I recommend looking for some non-speech sound that can replace them though (especially number 10) that you don't miss out on the information.

Troll

Sorry, I was looking at 110 and 111, which aren't there. But you're right. They are there, and you can make a new speech file without those files. I recommend looking for some non-speech sound that can replace them though (especially number 10) that you don't miss out on the information.
    No idea where to begin with that .

One possibility may be that I could try to record the speech from Japanese Dungeon Keeper YouTube videos, but there's the problem that other sounds will get recorded along with it, and I'd need to be certain it is the correct speech. Could this be feasible?

That would be replacing it with an actual speech-message. Think simpler, it's a voice message that plays when you have a unit that dies, and you as a player want to know a unit has died. If you make it some sort of bell sound, or beep, or whatever unique sound and put it in place of speech010, you'll know when you hear that sound a unit has died. Here's the process:

1. Download the SFX archive from lubiki
    2. Download the tools from there as well, which include soundbanker.exe
    3. Extract the SFX, locate the Japanese speech files, and delete the English one there.
    4. Put any wave file you want in the folder, and give it the name of the deleted file. So igame010.wav.
    5. Run soundbanker in a command prompt (help is included) and point it towards the Japanese file list.
    6. Replace the speech_jpn.dat from the game with the file you made.

That's it, you'll have a game without English speech messages in Japanese.

Troll

That would be replacing it with an actual speech-message. Think simpler, it's a voice message that plays when you have a unit that dies, and you as a player want to know a unit has died. If you make it some sort of bell sound, or beep, or whatever unique sound and put it in place of speech010, you'll know when you hear that sound a unit has died. Here's the process:

3. Extract the SFX, locate the Japanese speech files, and delete the English one there.
    4. Put any wave file you want in the folder, and give it the name of the deleted file. So igame010.wav.
    5. Run soundbanker in a command prompt (help is included) and point it towards the Japanese file list.

Not to dismiss this, but I've just watched a couple of Japanese DK YouTube videos, and the Japanese version (of the original game) appears to play igame008 ('Your minions have lost a battle' in English) and igame009 ('Your creatures have won a battle' in English) instead. The Japanese matches what those wav files are in the Japanese speech dat file. If so, this should be easily fixable.

Troll

Well, I did just that, but with igame008.wav and igame009.wav instead. I copied them into igame010.wav and igame011.wav respectively. There doesn't appear to be any more English in the game, and I didn't hear any during my testing.

Another thing: I noticed that the Health and Armour tooltips in the Creature stats panel are still wholly in English. They need to be translated. Also, unused spells tooltips say 'Not Used' in English.

If you want to and are able to, you can contribute translations. There's a wiki for that.

Troll

I'm certain the Japanese version uses the speeches I put in igame010.wav and igame011.wav. You can check yourself by comparing igame008.wav and igame009.wav to what's said in the Japanese version (e.g. by watching a Japanese Dungeon Keeper YouTube video such as this one: )

If it's determined that I am indeed correct, how should I submit my "corrected" speech_jpn.dat file?

As for translating the tooltips, I've noticed that a few others are also still in English too. I may be able to guess at translations (I'm not completely clueless at it ), but I'm nowhere near good enough to actually make or propose it.

Another thing: why does the options button in KeeperFX say 'オプション’, whereas in the original game it says 'オプション設定' (as seen in that video)?
    Last edited by AdamP; November 24th, 2018 at 01:30.

You don't need to submit a new dat file, during the build process the game generates all dat files from the sfx archive. In the next version of KeeperFX a new SFX-archive will be created anyway, and I'm happy to make a small change to the filelist to have this change reflected in Japanese.

And I can't comment on the actual translation here, since I don't know any japanese, but I do know the original japanese translations have had improvements submitted by 'keita umetsu'. If the translations in other languages are anything to go by, I would say that any change is an improvement.