Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Japanese

Troll

Default Re: Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    I mean you could have linked the .po file here, so people could give feedback on your translations. But this mostly works, apart from your question marks. Perhaps that's a 'font' issue, I don't know.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pPD...ew?usp=sharing

I've also added translations for the credits and "Happy Birthday" too.

Troll

I've been meaning to say that some of the colons in that po file are not the correct character. They need to be the standard English counterparts. They look almost if not identical above the hood, but under the hood they're different characters. The game doesn't treat them the same.

Also, I've made an "unofficial" gtext_jpn.dat that incorporates my translations, pending an official release with peer-reviewed translations. Shall I put a link here?

If you are looking for a peer to review your translation, that makes sense.

Troll

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ZC...ew?usp=sharing

I'm pretty sure this file uses the correct colon character, but the po file still needs to be updated.

You might also want to check the credits. The last time I checked, something didn't seem quite right...

O, sorry, I misread. You asked to share the .dat file, it can't hurt for people who already want to play with this, but to review translations it's not as useful as the .po file is. And what do you mean that something doesn't seem right about the credits? Because I'm not going to check anything Japanese of course.

Troll

And what do you mean that something doesn't seem right about the credits?
    I don't recall seeing the KeeperFX text when I last checked. I might need to check again to be sure...

Troll

I recently discovered that Japanese isn't the only language that has missing translations. I think it might be every language, but I've added some French translations for the query panel (the tooltip for Impenetrable Rock was also in English, and I copied the French translation straight from the original game). I'm also wondering if these unofficial translations ought to be included with new versions of KeeperFX Unofficial?

Sure, translation fixes can be included.

Troll

Sure, translation fixes can be included.
    I only have the dat files. I haven't touched any po files. Will that be a problem?

Well, it certainly isn't convenient. I believe I shared the translation wiki once before.
    For the game to be updated, the updated PO files will be required. If there's just one or two texts that need to be updated, you can just tell me and I would be willing to edit the po files themselves. If it are significant updates, just working with the po files is the way to go.