Page 130 of 139 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1390

Thread: Northland Iceland

Default Re: Northland Iceland

Vampire Ray eventually defrosted in Tesonu's Heart Chamber.

<<b-b-b-b-b-cold.....ah. Better now. We really should stop letting that happen constantly.>>

Vampire Ray's normally crowded mental inside suddenly seemingly appeared to be very empty.

<...Guys?>>

The void of quietness was all that absorbed Fly's thoughts.

<<So now first I can't get any of these idiots to shut up. And now when I actually want them to appear, they're suddenly all gone. Bunch of useless idiots, them.>>

Fly waited a longer while. There still was no response.

<<...>>

<<...I'm certain they're not really gone permanently. I just have no idea where they are now.>>

Vampire Fly then just figured he'd look around at his surroundings. A lot of creatures were present, as well as a large, glowing Dungeon Heart beating in front of him and holding a speech to his creatures.

<<Whoa...would've thought I'd notice this bright Dungeon Heart right in front of me.>>

The Keeper was talking about...something. He heard the Keeper talk about rest a number of times before he started specifically addressing some other creatures.

<<Rest...of course that'll be it. Next time I wake up I'll have all those other idiots messing everything up again. But sure...why the hell not. It's feeling really empty inside here. And I may still need those idiots for something later.>>

The Vampire Fly then flew over to the Lair and started sleeping inside its lair.

Summary: Vampire Ray defrosted, Fly noted the lack of presence of the other guys and then went to sleep.

Vampire Ray the Vampire Fly
    Health: 34%+
    Mood: Mildly annoyed / ? / ? / ?
    Level: 3
    Gold: 0

The Awakening

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Deimoria & Demorlia
    The Dark Mistress

Deimoria watched as the battle concluded, the final Tentacle going down through a quick but violent struggle. She planned to assist, but with her Slow curse and the battle moving this way and that, there was simply no way for her to keep up. At worst, she would get in the way of spell casters and be counterproductive, so she did nothing. Then, through a strange tingle of magic, Deimoria was warped back to the Heart Chamber. Alert, she looked around and found Tesonu's entire army to be at the Heart Chamber. The room was actually very, very crowded.

"Well, isn't that something," spoke Demorlia, who Deimoria found to be right beside her, "Hold Audience spell." Deimoria felt a slight bit of embarrassment as she muttered, "I could never remember all of the Keeper Spells..." A sly smile fell upon her sister's face, "Maybe that's why you're still in training." Deimoria glared at her. With all of these Creatures around, she didn't want word to slip out that she was not a certified Dark Mistress, unlike her sister. She certainly didn't want rumors to be spread that the reasoning was because she was uneducated. She knew a lot of things about Dungeon Keepers as she was supposed to, though she didn't remember the details of everything. Either way, that was most certainly not the reason why she was still in training.

At that moment, Deimoria felt an incredibly sharp poke through her leather, causing her to jump slightly and nearly yelp had she not contained herself. "Uncomfortable?" Demorlia asked her. Deimoria tried to retain a purely serious and cold stare while she ignored her sister. She wasn't sure what Demorlia was doing... actually she knew exactly what she was doing. It was one of her 'tests of pain', to see if she could resist that stinging pain in her upper right leg. Judging by the growing smile on her sister's lips, Deimoria knew that she was actually enjoying it. She found some sort of amusement in it, and that was fine. Dark Mistresses could still enjoy certain aspects of their job even if they weren't supposed to fall to the level where they drowned themselves in lustful pleasure. But for Demorlia to be doing this, now!? Deimoria found it simply embarrassing, and was a bit frightened that she might let out some sort of squeal by accident. Now is not the time for one of her tests.

Deimoria's hand shot out to Demorlia's wrist, pushing her away, "Stop." Demorlia's sly smile faded for a moment, then it returned, but she said nothing. The two of them turned their attention to Tesonu. Deimoria felt the need to consciously remind herself who he was. He was her master, her Dungeon Keeper. As his servant, and even more as a Dungeon Keeper, it was her duty to obey his every whim. Dark Mistresses were supposed to be the Keeper's personal agents, the ones he could trust and depend on more than anyone to perform any sort of task. The relationship between Keepers and Dark Mistresses was supposed to be sacred and perhaps intimate, within its own way. None of that stands true today, as the name 'Mistress' has been so incredibly tainted that they might as well be considered a Keeper's personal whore. Deimoria wanted to change that though. She wanted to restore that name and bring back the old ways... and in order to do that, she had to pay more attention to her master and less to her sister's stupid games!

"Now then, I need everyone to go and rest. I do not have the energy to cast Heal on anyone, as I spent it all on spells like Hold Audience, Sight-of-Evil, and Inferno. You'll have to rest naturally in the Lair. I'll have my Imps take the unconscious Creatures themselves. Once you're all rested up, return to your previous duties. We're not out of this yet. I'll need some Barricades, Doors, and Traps to replace the ones lost in the battle."

"Niea and Zukia, after you're both rested, report to the Heart Chamber. I have special orders for you two. Deimoria and Demorlia, I'd like to see you two as well, afterwards. Crystice, once Admortis is rested up, bring him to the Heart Chamber as well."

Deimoria waited for Tesonu to finish addressing everyone. Afterwards, and when everyone left the Heart Chamber, the Dark Mistress spoke up, "Master Tesonu, I am ready now! What do you need of me, tell me and I shall obey!" Demorlia smirked, "Eager to obey?" Deimoria ignored her, instead focusing her attention on Tesonu. It took him a moment to respond, perhaps because he was attending to some other business related to the battle's aftermath. That was fine, she could wait for him. She did feel eager to serve, perhaps eager to prove her willingness. It took a bit of time, but then Tesonu finally addressed her.

"Deimoria and Demorlia, I need you two to do some interrogation work. I want information from the Tentacle Chief's son, Turok. I want information about this realm's history, anything that can be dug up. I doubt he'll break easily, even with his current condition and situation. That's why I want you to torture another Tentacle, a blue one named Karla. She happens to be his sister, and I'm sure he'll want to do whatever it takes to save her from the pain. Just make sure you don't kill her, at least not too soon. After I get all the information I can out of them, I'll sacrifice them for good favor with the Dark Gods."

Deimoria gave Tesonu a formal bow, "Understood. I will take my sister and we shall set out immediately. I need no rest." Afterwards, the twins turned and left the Heart Chamber. They began moving towards the Torture Chamber, but actually passed by a familiar Black Knight and Vampire that they had the 'pleasure' of speaking to prior in the Training Room. After walking by the Hatchery, Demorlia suddenly spoke up, "Unusual for you to call him master... it was 'Keeper', before." Deimoria gave her a puzzled look, "Does it matter?" Demorlia didn't bother looking back as she answered, "Perhaps not." Deimoria turned her head back towards where they were heading. She felt something odd within her sister's tone, at first, but she couldn't quite tell what it was. She decided to pay it no heed as the two of them continued talking towards the Torture Chamber.

Deimoria
    Health: 75%
    Level: 2
    Experience: 10/25
    Gold in Hand: 0
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Equipment: Whip
    Efficiency: 100%

Demorlia
    Health: 100%
    Level: 3
    Experience: 0/35 [+13.6625 for Training]
    Equipment: Claw, Mace, Flail

Summary: Deimoria and Demorlia warped back to the Heart Chamber, listened to Tesonu before requesting his orders to be given more immediately. The two of them then set off to the Torture Chamber for interrogation.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Admortis strode into the trap room, sword and shield in hand. He glanced around, taking in the situation quickly through calm but adrenaline building breaths. Allies and foes were engaged in a bitter struggle, but the Tesonians seemed to have the upper hand, particularly when a group of the heroes broke off and attacked their form allies, Hannibal's minions.

Traitors, Admortis thought. Some kind of coup, betraying their own kind. They'll die for this.

And so they did, at the end of Viviona's and his own blades.

He blinked, and found a wall of black metal spikes between him and a group of heroes. But wasn't there a coup? Surely they can't afford to be guarding a self-containing prison. Why aren't they dealing with the traitors? I wasn't out long...

His back touched against the wooden rack, body aflame with pain. But it had stopped - Lucy lay bleeding to death on the ground, Viviona interrogating him, or rather repeatedly telling him his claims of an alliance were pointless, that she didn't trust him. But it was Viviona, and she'd just killed the heroes. Her might gave her independence.

The hero coup, the calm prison guards, Viviona striking Lucy.
    It wasn't a coup at all, it was all planned. They were just trying to get rid of Viviona. Hannibal's lieutenant, and his last hope. His spirit given flesh. If she died, their domination would be complete. They'd finish what they began, ending any hope of freedom for Hannibal's minions.

Slavers, above ground or below. Sentient filth, an abomination and slight to thinking creatures everywhere that they should be suffered to live. I failed my own people, but maybe it isn't too late for them. All of them. He just had to get Tesonu to listen.

Summary:
    Admortis dreamin', yo.

Mage Maiden
    Pamela!

Archmage Class

Before Pamela knew it, the battle was over and through a flash of magic, the Mage Maiden was warped back to Tesonu's Heart Chamber. Though inexperienced with Keepers, Pamela recognized the mass Teleport spell almost immediately as Hold Audience. Unlike her sister, Pamela had an incredible fascination with history. This resulted in her doing plenty of research on Dungeon Keepers, as they were the common enemy of Heroes everywhere. Pamela gained the majority of her Keeper knowledge through books, though some of the other Mage Maidens offered her some information based on their own experiences. The latter wasn't the best source though as few Mage Maidens actually ventured out to partake in Keeper business. Actual knowledge of Dungeon Keepers is so scarce among those of her academy that Pamela had to teach her sister even the basics about Dungeon Keepers before the two of them set out on their journey.

Now back in the Heart Chamber, Pamela waited for Keeper Tesonu to address and perhaps explain some things. Listening to him talking, Pamela found herself confused throughout most of his speech as she lacked adequate context to really understand things. Most of it sounded almost of trivial importance to her, like they were of a much larger affair. She was only there to attack the Heroes. Tesonu continued to talk until he finally reached a point where what he said was relevant to her. She was to simply rest and then go back to her 'previous duties'. She actually had no previous duties, so perhaps she had free reign to do whatever she liked.

Pamela started to leave the Heart Chamber, but was then approach by her sister, Chandra, "Hey, Pam, how did the battle go? Are you hurt at all?" Pamela turned herself to face Chandra, her breasts blatantly shadowing over Chandra's in overall greatness, "Greetings, sister. The battle went well and I am unscathed, however it did not yield much experience for me. I shall practice the magical arts in the Training Room. Perhaps you should take a nap, you look a little pale. Have you been doing a lot of healing? Well anyway, I best be going. Don't get lost without me, and stay away from any strange men!" Pamela then left Chandra and continued onward towards Training Room, which was not too far away. Once there, she immediately began casting spells.

Pamela
    Level: 1
    Experience: 4/15 [+1 for Training]
    Equipment: None
    Summary:
    Pamela was warped back, listened to Tesonu, then replied to Chandra before heading off to train.

Tesonu is napping!

Baku
    Super Bouncer

Baku, though mostly unharmed, was physically worn after the intense battle with the Tentacles. He was glad to save the Black Knight. She fought hard, and he had to respect that. It was just an admirable trait and Baku was happy to meet Creatures who were willing to work and fight as hard as he. As he had the opportunity, Baku tried to extend a hand to the Black Knight to formally greet her, but he was then transported back to the Dungeon Heart. He was joined by Tesonu's entire army, completely filling the room. Baku himself stood out quite a bit as a massive wall of bulky pink. He wasn't sure what just happened but he was sure it was one of them Keeper Spells. Tesonu began to speak and he listened carefully to every word until he was done.

"Now then, I need everyone to go and rest. I do not have the energy to cast Heal on anyone, as I spent it all on spells like Hold Audience, Sight-of-Evil, and Inferno. You'll have to rest naturally in the Lair. I'll have my Imps take the unconscious Creatures themselves. Once you're all rested up, return to your previous duties. We're not out of this yet."

Baku clapped his fists together proudly, "You got it, boss. I'll keep an eye out for any new attackers in the Guard Room. A quick rest and then I'll be good to go." Baku took a moment to look around for the Black Knight. Before he went off to bed, he wanted to greet her while he had the chance. He finally found her but then he heard Tesonu's voice once again.

"Tali, you should go to the Graveyard."

The Black Knight looked up, then immediately left the room in a rush. Baku put the pieces together, acknowledging her as Tali. He quickly memorized the name and made a mental note to introduce himself when he next encountered her. He didn't want to go out of his way and follow her as he would be taking time away from his own duty, and from whatever the boss clearly wanted her to do. So Baku left the Heart Chamber and entered the Lair. The manly Orc laid down on his rock bed and relaxed himself, until he eventually fell into a light sleep.

Baku
    Health: 94% [+1% by Sleep]
    Level: 4
    Experience: 7/45
    Equipment: -
    Summary:
    Baku was transported back, replied to Tesonu, then acknowledged the female Black Knight from the battle as Tali as he made a mental note to greet her later. He then went to sleep.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Kaedes stopped when he noticed a throng of creatures who appeared bruised and disoriented. It was rare to encounter other minions walking in tunnels below the dungeons - he'd encountered just a few on his whole journey. And yet now, so close to his destination, for there to be so many. Where had they come from? Why where they here?

Why was he here? Of all the realms, of all the keepers, he'd chosen Tesonu. Why? In truth, he knew little of the keeper, and even less about dungeons themselves. His presence was for a very simple reason - Sir Cedric was purported to be an asshole, and he was supposed to be in the realm, opposing Tesonu. Kaedes figured that if he were to master himself, he might as well do it in a place where killing his foes in a bloodlust wouldn't be a terribly bad thing. Even the monks of his monastery, normally neutral, had a few select words for Cedric, none of them kind. Kaedes didn't know why, or even if they stemmed from valid claims. But his mind was wandering...

He passed the group ahead of him, all but ignoring them. It didn't take long before he reached the portal that lead up to Tesonu's dungeon.
    This is it. My new life begins.

The ascent was difficult for the hellhound, his paws finding purchase only with great difficulty, but he eventually reached the top, worn down but eager to continue.
    Though the flesh may wish to give up, the mind must press on forward.

His heads began to sniff, and they smelled a great many things. Scents he'd caught hints of on winds from the distance, scents which suggests that books were nearby and the scent of human sweat. More that anything there were creatures, and directly ahead of him, a potent scent of raw, magic infused meat, harkening much to one willing to decipher it. He could hear deep thumps, no doubt from the same source.

That's the heart. Kaedes headed to the northern end of the room, and was shocked when the door opened for him. He'd grown used to opening his own doors. He continue north and once more, the door opened. He could see the heart, red, throbbing.
    The physical presence of a keeper, a curious thing indeed. Intimidating, but vulnerable.

He approached the heart tentatively, not knowing what to expect. All the scents were strong here - clearly there had been a gathering very recently, for the room was not unoccupied, others lingered. He didn't wish to speak to them, not until he'd gathered his wits.

The hellhound spoke not to the room's occupants, but to Tesonu his left head speaking calmly whilst his right continued to sniff absently. "Keeper Tesonu, I am Kaedes. I have come to master my mind and body, to take command of my heritage where previously it has commanded me. If you give me room to do this, I will serve you where I am able. I will not purport my strengths or flaws to you - no doubt you'll make note of both in time."

Kaedes backed out of the room, uncertain if he was supposed to receive a response or not, or when. He followed his nose to the hatchery, where his right head seized him.
    Flesh. His sharp snouted right lashed out, seizing a chicken in it's razor toothed maw. He found that his paws came up to facilitate the eating, greedily consuming the chicken. The beast moved forward, his right poised to seize another chicken, but Kaedes resisted, his left seizing control once more.
    Enough. You submit to my will, father.

He left head took lead once more as he followed metallic, wooden and blasting sounds to the south. When the door to the room in front of him opened, he saw various dummies and contraptions. He was curious as to what they were for, but it quickly became evident, for the room was not devoid of life. What struck him as a human a lighter shade of grey than usual in addition to a giant fly, and most curiously, a chimera of human and spider form partially covered with web-themed clothing, all occupied the room.

He was initially appalled that such beings existed, but checked himself. He himself was an abomination. Perhaps one of these beings could help me understand myself? Perhaps I ought to have read on more practical matters than philosophy and religion. But it is too late for that. And so he approached the human-spider and introduced himself.
    "I am Kaedes. What do you go by, chimera?" As he finished his question, he began tentatively attacking a nearby dummy, alternating between use of his heads and his front paws.

Summary
    Level: 1.01
    Mood: Curious
    Events: Kaedes entered the dungeon, introduced himself to Tesonu, ate a chicken, introduced himself to Pamela and is training.

Mesa
    The Spirit of Fire

Fire. That was all that was going through Mesa's mind as he trained, allowing him to forget his situation momentarily. Inside his ghostly form there was a huge firestorm of energy, gaining in size and power as his abilities slowly grew.

The Fireballs Mesa was throwing at the targets began to increase in size and intensity as the flames raged on within and without. The icy nature of Northland could nothing against the intense Spirit, which enveloped Mesa in an orange aura of fire. From a distance, he looked like a huge Fireball, hovering in mid-air.

A nearby Training Dummy set alight due to it's proximity to the Ghost, and the target that was recieving the Fireballs was scorched and smoldering.

Fire... fire..! FIRE!

Suddenly, a massive blast of flame in the form of a Fireball was emitted from the Ghost, disintegrating the target, leaving a scorched silhouette of it on the wall behind.

The firestorm died down, and the orange aura returned to the usual white color. Mesa took a moment to recuperate.

Wow, I didn't know that it could do that. The question now is, how do I control this?

He stared at the vaporized target for a few seconds. The blast used much of Mesa's energy, and he left the Training Room, deciding to wander around the dungeon instead, to allow himself to 'cool down' before returning to train.

The first room he ended up in was the Graveyard, after he passed through the Hatchery. It was filled with the burned corpses of many Tentacles.

So many... how were they all burned so? Does Tesonu possess Fireburst traps? No, that wouldn't have burned this many of them. Maybe he has a powerful spell of some sort? Agh, I can never remember Keeper spell names. I really should have payed more attention in school.

He floated out of the room to continue his wandering.

Mesa Summary

Gold Held: 0
    Mood: Slightly distracted, on edge
    Equipment: Spirit of Fire
    Experience: 12/15 (+7 training)
    Quick Summary: Mesa uses the Spirit to blast a target in the Training Room, and afterwards begins wandering around the dungeon.
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Cool Re: Northland Iceland

Radia "The Newbie"

The firefly continues to slam her fiery abdomen against the dummy she's training with, biting, gnashing, tearing straw and splinters of wood. She spits out the nasty pulpy beaten wood and rests against the wall of the training room briefly. She was ordered to continue training, but she was already in need of another snack. She buzzes out of the room, especially uncomfortable due to a certain creature in the room that she'd rather not look at. The sight of a nest maiden made her wings flap in the wrong direction. She waits for each door to open up and then arrives in the hatchery again, dropping down and flopping on the floor to grab a chicken. Her wings fold up behind her and she sinks her sharp teeth into the chicken's sweet, juicy flesh. She rips the chicken limb from limb this time, not sparing a single morsel. She tears all the flesh off it's bones, and discards the lifeless carcass as she chews her last mouthful and swallows. Her wings open up and she takes to the air once more.

She notices the fire spirit enter the room, and her fire bell glows significantly brighter. She approaches him cautiously. "Your warmth fills me! What are you?" Radia asks Mesa curiously. She looked like she had never seen a ghost, let alone one with a flaming aura.

"The Oncoming Storm" Torin

{Palm hit... Claw from the other hand. Spin around, kick. Knee the gut. Stab furiously with the claws... How do I know how to fight?} The vampire wondered many things about himself. Most of all, he was curious whether or not he was really doing that much damage. But all he did know for sure was that the more he worked on this the better he got. His body spun, claws flashed in the light. His grey ashen skin gleaming, brown robes flying up behind him as he danced around two sets of dummies, all four of them made his bitch as he whips them back and forth. Kicks, punches, clawing. He knew a lot of interesting moves, but he wasn't hitting these dummies hard enough. He needed something better, he would barely knock them over. He decided that what he knows is not offensive. It's clearly defensive. All these moves would be great for countering strikes by heavy enemies, because he wasn't strong enough to knock them down. What more could he do, though? Nothing now. He decides to stand still and focus on one dummy. Just one, relaxing and clearing his mind.

Relaxing deep in the sanctuary of his mind, the vampire asks many questions. {Who am I? What do I know? What's my name... Where did this corpse come from.} As he considered this, he saw the firefly beside him leave the room, and then turned to see the reason. There's a Maiden of the nest here, as well as a hell hound. He didn't know what either of those things were, but he could deduce that the fly didn't like anything that looked like a spider. Still he watched the dog walk up to and greet the maiden. The vampire hmms curiously at the sight of that, wondering what it could be about. But he was not a nosy corpse. He turns back to his training and he begins to beat on dummies again. He's going to get that chunk he's missing. {I am... Torin, now. That will be my name. Even if it isn't already.} The vampire resolves his identity crisis as he whacks the shit out of dummies. The vampire was especially curious about that ghost in the room, but the fire specter had decided to leave.

Radia
    Health: 100%, 6 petals.
    Experience: 6/15 - 9 required to level 2 (+5 mediocre training regime)
    Mood: Curious

Torin
    Health: 100%, 6 petals.
    Experience: 14/15 - 1 required to level 2 (+12 extraordinary training regime)
    Efficiency: 110%
    Mood: Angry (But cooling off)

Summary

Radia finishes her training session, she has herself a bite to eat, and begins to talk with fellow fire creatures in the room.

Torin beats the shit out of training dummies, decides his body is too weak to fight hand to hand, and gives himself his name.

Sapphira
    A Blue Salamander

Sapphira awoke abruptly from her sleep, and stood up quickly.

Hmph. I guess I should go and train... wait a second...

The Salamander looked at herself, and noticed that her static aura was gone.

Huh??

Confused and slightly worried, she ran out of the Lair, and into the Training Room. She quickly targetted one of the remaining wall targets, and tried to fry it with Lightning. And... nothing. No spark, no static, absolutely nothing.

What the hell!?

Sapphira began to panic, running quickly out of the room, through the Hatchery, past the Dungeon Heart, and into the Temple. Preparing for a surge of pain, she splashed some of the water over her. No pain came. Stunned and completely confused, Sapphira sat beside the Temple pool, her mind working frantically to work out why her power was gone.

"Maybe I'm still asleep? Or someone did something to me while I slept? AGH!"

She whacked the wall with her tail, resulting in a stinging pain in it.

"...ow...well, now I know I'm not sleeping."

Sapphira got to her feet, slowly walking into the Heart Chamber. There must be some explanation for her disappearing power, and hopefully the Keeper's knowledge could help her discover it.

"Keeper? I seem to have lost my power, but I cannot work out how. Without it, I am useless to you, so I ask of you, can you help me to find out the cause of this?"

Sapphira Summary

Level: 3 (Level 1 - Disarm, Level 3 - Lightning: Disabled)
    Mood: Very Worried
    Efficiency: 50%
    Equipment: Nothing
    Experience: 19/50
    Quick Summary:Sapphira woke up to discover that her aura was gone, and then tried to use Lightning in the Training room and tried to splash water over herself, but nothing happened. She then approached Tesonu to ask if he can help her to find out how her power had disappeared.

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Tedworthy
    The Silent Salamander

{The patrol group proceeded quickly through the caverns that riddled Summermarsh, easily crossing the many lava rivers and lakes. Not usually were there intruders to this realm as the immense amount of lava kept them away, but this time they had gotten a report of a band of mercenaries which appeared to be operating on the outskirts. They could not risk enemies getting complacent in this realm, as it would provide a base for any other potential invaders.

When the patrol approached the suspected point of intrusion, the leader, Harram, brought the group to a halt.

"If these trespassers are what we think they are, then all we have to deal with are some mercs, probably Rogues, Thieves or something similar. There are three ways to enter the cavern they're holed up in, and we'll exploit all three. We can't have any stragglers escaping."

The patrol group all nodded in agreement, and the leader continued.

"Essam, Tershi and Kora, take the northern passage and wait for my signal. Tedworthy and Shalmir, take the southern entrance. Ecthelion, Sumar and Gerask, you're all with me. We're gonna take the western pass, and take them head on. Is that understood?"

Everyone nodded, quickly splitting up into their respective groups and proceeding to their designated positions.

When they reached the southern entrance, Ted and Shalmir waited, listening for the signal to begin the attack. Ted took a few deep breaths to calm himself. He always got nervous before an engagement like this, when the enemy was unknown. Shalmir looked over to him, whispering,

"Hey Ted, how you holding up?"

"I'm... fine. I'll be alright once we get started."

He nodded to her, looking down the passage where the enemies supposedly were.

"What do you think we'll find in there?"

Shalmir shrugged.

"Rogues, most probably. It's too hot in this place for Heroes, and there's nothing of worth here for a Keeper, so I'm guessing these mercs are just smuggling stuff past the Hero checkpoints in adjoining realms."

She smirked at her companion, who responded with a slight frown. All throughout school, Ted and Shalmir were rivals in terms of their knowledge and general intelligence.

Suddenly, a sharp, high-pitched sound echoed through the caverns. This was the signal they had waited for. The Salamander pair counted to three before charging into the passage, ready to take on any merc. The passage curved to the left, then to the right, and then led into a large cave system. At the other end, Ted could see the mercenary camp, although they were not just Rogues. Several Thieves, Human Archers and an assortment of Dwarves were present too, along with a Black Knight.

Shalmir pointed at a ledge of rock above the camp, where they could safely oversee the entire camp. The pair quickly proceeded onto the ledge. Once they saw the camp up close, the Salamanders realized it wasn't a simple smuggling operation. Sentry Cannons and several other traps were dotted around the perimeter, and a makeshift Workshop inside the camp was building weapons of all kinds.

"Oh my god, they're preparing for a siege! We need to wipe these bastards out before they threaten the security of our kingdom."

Ted silently agreed, although he realized that even if the entire patrol group was there, the mercs outnumbered them three to one. It would be a difficult fight, to say the least.

Then, a Dwarf came running out of one of the nearby passages, screaming for help. His armor was torn, and his clothes on fire. He was most probably attacked by the others. Sure enough, the rest of the patrol group came running out of the tunnel, rapidly changing formation to efficiently bombard the trespassers with Fireballs and Meteors.

"Right, let's do this!"

Shalmir and Ted jumped off the ledge, landing on a couple of Thieves, crushing them. They moved forwards, fighting the nearest bunch of Dwarves. Meanwhile, Ecthelion and Harram blitzed the defensive trap placements, quickly tearing them apart, along with any mercs standing nearby. It was not long before the Salamander patrol was in the heart of the camp, fighting several veterans, along with the leader of the mercenaries, a Black Knight. It fought well, even deflecting a Meteor with it's blade.

Unexpectedly, a set of mercenary reinforcements came from a nearby tunnel, who immediately charged into the battle. Several rogue Knights and Guards were among them.

Harram tore apart the Rogue he was fighting with relative ease, and spotted the new arrivals.

"Damn it, enemy reinforcements! Everyone, stay behind me!"

The great Salamander stepped forwards, towards the enemy, and waited until they were almost upon him. Speaking an ancient language, Harram unleashed hell. This Word of Power incantation was one that was native to the realm, creating massive rings of fire that exploded outwards from Harram, completely vaporising the mercs leading the attack. Ted shielded his face from the blast by turning away. He then spotted one of the surviving mercenaries, a Rogue, trying to slip away.

Tedworthy chased him away from the encampment, into a nearby cave. As Ted ran in, the Rogue ambushed him, jumping onto his back.

"Agh, get off me you vile creature!"

The Rogue held on tight as Ted tried to shake him off. The Salamander bashed him against the walls, and even walked through a nearby lava stream, but to no avail. The Rogue had begun to climb up to Ted’s neck, and held up his knife to the lizard’s throat. In a panic, Tedworthy shouted for help, hoping the others were close enough to hear him. The Rogue laughed at his efforts.

“Huh, you really think they’ll get here in time? Stupid reptile. I’ll be long gone by the time they find your body!”

Ted tried once more to get the aggressor off by smashing himself into the wall, this time causing the Rogue to fall off, dazed.

“How dare you trespass in our realm and treat me like some simple animal? You underestimated us, and now you will die, Rogue. I’ll make sure you never threaten this kingdom ever again! ”

The Salamander charged, snapping at the enemy’s weapon arm. The Rogue dodged the attack narrowly while Ted ran into the wall. He used this opportunity to wedge Ted’s head between him and the rocks.

“Ugh, you talk too much.”

The Rogue reached into the Salamander’s mouth with his knife, and with one clean slice, he cut out his tongue. Ted screamed in pain, breaking out of the Rogue’s hold, clutching at his mouth. The Rogue smirked, but his expression quickly changed when he saw the other Salamanders approaching. He quickly ran into another passage, disappearing from view.

Essam ran up to Ted.

“Brother! Are you hurt? We heard the scream.”

Ted responded only by opening his mouth, showing the devastated scene within. The others recoiled at the sight.

Harram suddenly stepped forward to address the patrol group.

“Well done everyone, we have successfully repelled the invaders. If they have any kind of sense, they’ll stay away next time. Alright, we should be getting back. I’m sure they’ll want to know what happened.”}

Tedworthy Summary

Health: 36% (+10 by sleeping)
    Level: 4
    Gold in Lair: 120
    Mood: ZzZzzzZzzZZz....
    Efficiency: 0%
    Equipment: Nothing
    Experience: 1/60
    Summary: Tedworthy recalled a past event in his dreams.

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast