Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

Default KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 Build 1850

I've made an update. These are the changes:

• Merged in the work mefistotelis has done since my last release, including the fix to this issue
    • Fixed a bug that caused imps to leave mining gems after a single trip. Now they mine gems much more efficiently.
    • Enabled the additional creature stat page that mefistotelis has worked on. Picked some new stats for this.
      - New stats are: Speed, Loyalty, Research/Manufacture/Training/Scavenging skill and cost, Weight and Health
    • Reordered creature stats and gave them proper icons and English descriptions.
    • Creature age stat now reflects the time in minutes the creature is in the dungeon.
    • Several updates and fixes to interface texts. Changed spell/skill descriptions to be truthful. (English only)
    • Rebalanced 'Word of Power' skill. It had become too weak through a recent change in KeeperFX.
    • Map fixes
      - Ancient Keeper 11: Fixed a bug I introduced causing you to lose the level even when you get a dragon.
      - Twin Keepers 5: Fixed unwinnable situation

I've updated the OP to reflect the latest version, including download links.
    Updating from a previous unofficial (!!!) release is possible with this file: keeperfx_unofficial_0_4_6_Patch_to_1850.7z
    Simply overwrite the files in your KeeperFX unofficial folder with the files from that archive. First time users download the full version here.

If something doesn't work, please let me know. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Older versions can be found here.
    Last edited by YourMaster; September 1st, 2017 at 17:38.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 Build 1850

Amazing!

A pity- I have changed a lot with my version.

Thank you for your effort. I was playing 0.4.5 until now, but if the new unofficial 0.4.6 works better, I will use that.

Another request regarding undoing changes from the original levels, can you revert the original campaigns moon level to it´s original state? Because in the moment it is not winnable at all. The tunnellers spawn at a point that is impossible to wall off, unlike in the original level.

I've actually never looked into the moon level, and did not even know it was changed. I'll log your request and perhaps I'll someday look into it. In the meantime you could easily restore the original level yourself if you want it by simply copying the MAP00105 files from your dungeon keeper disk /levels folder to the keeperfx/levels folder.

Well yes, the moon level seems to be more like a joke, because "Ug the Barbarian" does not appear, so the only reason to play it is just for completion. The tunnellers spawn in a corner above of one the AI keepers(which are allied) - so not possible to wall off. In the original condition they spawned below the own dungeon and it was possible to wall that off.
    I will copy the original files then. Maybe then it would be enough to remove the changed map files from the KeeperFX package.

Just wanted to thank you for the updates!

What's the Word of Power change exactly? I always made it stronger in my files, wondering if it's at a good level by default now?

I changed it from 85 to 135 base damage. This because a little while ago the spell growth per level was reduced from 35% per level, to 8% per level and WOP is only cast at lvl10.

Cool, agree with that change, thanks again~

Mapmaker

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 LAN Patch

The Archer and Thief icons have swapped around, is this intentional? Just a little bit strange, picking up enemy archers to see the thief icon in my hand.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 LAN Patch

Actually, they've been put right, and yes I've listed it as a change in the feature list. They were swapped in the original, but the naming of the icons was already how it is now reflected in the game. This is an archer: . This is a Thief: .
    Actually, on this forum it always was correct, and now matches the game.

If you see the full sprites, you'll see that it now matches. The archer has a red shirt and green cap, the thief long hair and a green shirt. To make it extra clear, I gave the archer Icon a feather, like the sprite has. For full images see here.

Last edited by YourMaster; September 13th, 2017 at 15:42.