Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

Quote Originally Posted by Skream View Post
    Any recent updates going on? I just got back into playing the game and saw that this is essentially the hold over until 0.4.7.
    Yes there is a new patch for the version here

Quote Originally Posted by kix View Post
    Yes there is a new patch for the version here
    Okay, but how stable are the alpha releases? Right now, I believe I'm running on 0.4.6u 1850 release. Also another thing, I'm not sure if you can help but aren't the WASD keys suppose to work for movement and the Q key used for query? If that's the case they aren't working for me...

Okay, but how stable are the alpha releases? Right now, I believe I'm running on 0.4.6u 1850 release. Also another thing, I'm not sure if you can help but aren't the WASD keys suppose to work for movement and the Q key used for query? If that's the case they aren't working for me...
    From my plays, as stable as the version you have.
    Try out meteor impact it's a lot more fun now.
    As for the WASD keys it should work exactly as you're describing. Try updating but not sure if it helps as mine were working beforehand.
    Try ingame options define keys. Do the first 4 rows contain WASD keys?
    Last edited by kix; March 29th, 2019 at 22:42.

From my plays, as stable as the version you have.
    Try out meteor impact it's a lot more fun now.
    As for the WASD keys it should work exactly as you're describing. Try updating but not sure if it helps as mine were working beforehand.
    Try ingame options define keys. Do the first 4 rows contain WASD keys?
    Alright, I'll check it out.

When I go to Define Keys, the first rows say Arrow keys... do I need to manually switch this while doing the same to the query option?

Alright, I'll check it out.

When I go to Define Keys, the first rows say Arrow keys... do I need to manually switch this while doing the same to the query option?
    I have it like this but I didn't need to. Perhaps you changed it in the past and it only gets redefined when no custom options existed before? Dont know. But yes try it
    Not sure but Q for query should be by default in original game.

I have it like this but I didn't need to. Perhaps you changed it in the past and it only gets redefined when no custom options existed before? Dont know. But yes try it
    Yeah, I guess there is no config file that I can simply edit to add this stuff right? I'm assuming this needs to be done in-game?

Also, I'm a bit of a DK noob (mainly just played campaign) compared to you veterans, but I was wondering since there are custom maps/campaigns that are really tough, how do I get better to take on those challenges?

It has become clear that there's not going to be a 0.4.7.

If you've updated an old version to KeeperFX unofficial, there's already a settings file available where the movement is configured to the arrow keys. In unofficial I hardcoded the arrow keys, so this is redundant and you can just configure the wasd keys there and the arrow keys will keep working. You can also delete your save\settings.dat file and you should get the new default keys.

And there are lots of custom maps, most of them are not that difficult. My guess is just to play some maps, and if you run into difficulties, ask for some tips on this board. You can look at this topic where I review some maps to get some ideas on which ones are worth playing.

I think most of the good campaigns are in fact quite difficult, perhaps you could play some of the maps I made as they are a bit more difficult than the average custom map, but not as difficult as undead keeper campaigns or kix' new campaigns for example, to see where you stand.

I believe 'num 0' was the default query key in the original game.
    Last edited by YourMaster; March 30th, 2019 at 01:02.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    It has become clear that there's not going to be a 0.4.7.

If you've updated an old version to KeeperFX unofficial, there's already a settings file available where the movement is configured to the arrow keys. In unofficial I hardcoded the arrow keys, so this is redundant and you can just configure the wasd keys there and the arrow keys will keep working. You can also delete your save\settings.dat file and you should get the new default keys.

And there are lots of custom maps, most of them are not that difficult. My guess is just to play some maps, and if you run into difficulties, ask for some tips on this board. You can look at this topic where I review some maps to get some ideas on which ones are worth playing.

I think most of the good campaigns are in fact quite difficult, perhaps you could play some of the maps I made as they are a bit more difficult than the average custom map, but not as difficult as undead keeper campaigns or kix' new campaigns for example, to see where you stand.
    Okay, so no more original development just some occasional unofficial work?

Yeah, I'll check out my files and see what's up. If something is up then I'll just change it in-game or delete the settings file.

Alright cool! Yeah I plan on doing Deeper Dungeons once I finish the regular campaign again. I would say Undead Keeper, Good Campaign, and Imburden Imp seem really awesome.

That's right, no more original development.
    If you have 'unofficial' installed, you should see a splash screen that says 'unofficial' when you launch the game.

And if something looks awesome to you, just play that.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    That's right, no more original development.
    If you have 'unofficial' installed, you should see a splash screen that says 'unofficial' when you launch the game.

And if something looks awesome to you, just play that.
    Wish my programming skills were sufficient enough, I would lend a hand on the repository.

Yeah, it's funny you mention that because I first downloaded/installed the original mod from the actual site and it still shows the unofficial splash when loading. I'm not sure if the download link on he's site redirects to your unofficial mod.