Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

Mapmaker

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 LAN Patch

Ah ok then. Just gonna take some getting used to.
    Definitely loving the secondary stats page.
    Thanks for all your hard work keeping dk going.

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 Build 1850

I've actually been playing with this for over a year now, and it is one of my favorite changes since I always ended up confusing them since they look so similar, where all other unit icons are so easily recognizable. With the little hat the archer is now wearing he is also quite distinct.
    Well, that one and the WASD-keys + Q.

Nice Update

i've been trying to play the music ingame with gog and this keeperFX version. i place the ogg files in music folder but it still wont play when i launched it via Launcher with the nocd ticked. i use shortcut with -nocd command also no music.

do i have to rename the ogg files, right now it is keeper02.ogg etc. or does it have to be in mp3 format?

what happens is if i go to the menu and drag the music slider to 0 then to 100, the music starts playing, but when i load game it is gone and doesnt play.
    Last edited by svefn; October 20th, 2017 at 21:35.

No, it's just the .ogg files that need to be in your keeperfx/music folder, and then launch it with the -nocd parameter and it should work when you play a level with keeperfx.
    You could share a log-file, it should show this line: "Sync: InitializeMusicPlayer: Music player using folder initialized"

Also, when you don't use the -nocd parameter it should play music from whatever CD you have in your first disk-drive.

thanks. i don't know what i did, but now it works

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

I'm not good at this game, however, I think the full moon level is unbeatable with the amount of damage lightning does.

Am I wrong?

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

I think it is beatable, but I never have. It seems neigh impossible.

Ok, now having played this for a while and overall it is ok, but a few things I want to adress:

1. For whatever reasons Hornys base strength is set to 85. Why that? He is supposed to have 150. I changed that, but maybe it should also be in the downloadable version. Making him weaker than giants(and of course the Avatar) makes no sense.
    2. For some reasons in Mirthshire the game slowed noticeable down, and even froze at one occasion. Don´t knoy why this happens.
    3. If you don´t mind it would be nice to set the treasure room in the left corner of the heroes dungeon in Blaise End again to neutral, not white, as it was in the original. Because otherwise speedrunning this level is not possible in this level. In the speedrun from 2009 the player used the glitch that neutral walls can be digged with imps in possession mode. Would be nice to do that again.

BTW also for some odd reasons the Knight seems to walk sometimes with kind of a limp(don´t know how to describe it xD ). Noticed that on my converted knight and in Woodly Rhyme the enemy knight got stuck at the blue heart, so he got killed by his weak units as he wasn´t able to land a hit.
    Last edited by Noanechu; February 26th, 2018 at 15:37.

1) Well, in the original game, the horned reaper was bugged and missed almost all of his attacks. With that bug fixed, the reaper has very good agility and hits on almost all his attacks and has great attack speed. In fact, the Reaper in this version (and regular KeeperFX) is a lot stronger than it was in the original game. You'll notice a reaper has no issue in detroying a knight, and about 2 reapers are a match for the avatar, which is the final boss of the game.
    2) I don't know why you had the slowdown, especially not without looking in your log file. If it was the pathfinding bug, there's nothing I can do about it. But perhaps it's related to another bug recently fixed by Spartahawk, that fix will be included in the next release.
    3) I did not even know about this bug, and indeed it is still present in KeeperFX. So that's probably also the reason why the room has turned white, so this exploit is fixed. I'll list it as a bug, and if it is fixed, I'll turn the room neutral again.
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 26th, 2018 at 17:01.