Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

Ok, so you say the DL patch made Horny broken? I never noticed that.
    What was the strength bug exactly? Will test it with Horny vs. Avatars later.

Well, I think giants are not that good anyway for direct melee, they are defeated by most comparable strong creatures in 1v1 due to their low HP and lack of any magics(aside speed on L10), they can be only useful with support(and then may cause great damage with their 2nd highest strength value).

The DL patch was part of it, but like mentioned fixing of the strength and dexterity bugs had far larger impacts. And like mentioned, the dexterity bug causes dexterity to go back to 0 after it grows past 255, the strength bug caused strength to never grow beyond 255. So all creatures with high strength were affected because they plateaued.

And Giants are quite good heroes, but indeed also with downsides. But you compared Horny to a Giant and found that the one good stat of the Giant - the third most powerful hero - should still be lower than that of the reaper who has good stats all around. No matter how you look at it, in Unofficial its 1.Avatar, 2.Horny, 3.Knight in battle. And yes, they all have downsides, the Avatar will lose against a single Wizard, the Knight will lose against a single Mistress, the Horny will suffer when debuffed a lot.

Alright, finally I played Skybird Trill again. Three L10 Reapers mowed down the Avatar without any issues(transferred, hero and neutral scavenged) in a short time, the second Avatar needed a bit more caution(he nearly killed one, I picked him up before health went to 0). Ok .

Ok, I started the Evil Keeper campaign now and encountered another issue I´ve already seen on videos on Youtube. The stats at the end of the level do not appear. While it doesn´t affect the gameplay it still would be nice to have them.
    If it is useful, here the last log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Noanechu View Post
    Ok, I started the Evil Keeper campaign now and encountered another issue I´ve already seen on videos on Youtube. The stats at the end of the level do not appear. While it doesn´t affect the gameplay it still would be nice to have them.
    If it is useful, here the last log.
    Glad to hear that you agree the Reaper is perfectly balanced as is.
    And yes, that's a known issue that's not specific to Unofficial. See here. I've looked into it but have not been able to fix it, but perhaps Spartahawk might fix it sometime.

Still I´m not satisfied with the Reaper thing...but ok, I guess at this level with 150 strength he might be really unbeatable in some Ancient(and Post Ancient) keeper levels(although I think they use their own stats).

Ok, hope the thing with the non-occuring text can be fixed. Yes, I´m aware it is not a sole issue of unofficial, but hopefully it might be solved. For whatever reasons it is not an issue with all fan campaigns, in the Arctic campaign I had no issues at all.

Are you sure? For me in the Arctic campaign the statistics also don't show up. (To easily test this, simply start the campaign and use cheat mode to immediately win the first level. Use -alex command line option when starting the game, possess an imp and press F12 to get the cheat menu).
    Because as far as I know all the campaigns which use custom texts suffer from this bug, and Conquest of the Arctic is one of those.

And if you still want your reaper more powerful after you see how much more powerful they are now than they were before, well, luckily that's why everybody can change all the configs all they want for themselves. Just don't expect other people to want to play with with those settings. Usually only the player has reapers, and making them super strong makes the game too easy.
    And indeed, the Ancient Keeper campaigns have their own stats to mimic the original game. Why don't you have a look at the strength of the Reaper in that file.

Maybe because I played the Arctic campaign some months ago on 0.4.5 and I don´t wanted to go through the levels again now(they are rather long). Seems to be an sole issue of 0.4.6(regardless the version) then? Haven´t tested the cheat menu yet, but sounds interesting.

Yes, I´m aware that Horny has strength 74 in the Ancient Keeper files.

Yeah, I believe the bug was introduced in the commit made on 2014-11-09. KeeperFX 0.4.5 was released on 2014-06-21, KeeperFX 0.4.6 was released 2015-05-09.
    I looked at it again today though, and I believe I managed to fix it. It works for me, if there's nothing wrong with my fix it will be included in the next Alpha build.

EDIT: It's fixed.
    Last edited by YourMaster; March 16th, 2018 at 15:08. Reason: linked to the fix.

Any recent updates going on? I just got back into playing the game and saw that this is essentially the hold over until 0.4.7.