Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

Default Re: KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6 LAN Patch

With no lightning there is little reason not to simply spam bile demons.

If drain and/or lightning are problematic in multiplayer it should be no problem to balance around not having those, just a bit of work. It's just that today there aren't that many people playing LAN anymore, especially in the age group of the average DK fan. And online is just generally shitty and unstable.

@ Lquiz
    Yes it does. The lightning is a big problem with the current netcode of KeeperFX. That was the reason to cut away these effects from the LAN game.

@ YourMaster
    Yeah, internet gaming is the non plus ultra in this ages, but if you want to play Dungeon Keeper, then you've the lan mode only. Think of Dungeon Keeper Gold, the GOG version: almost impossible, laggy and above all SLOW!
    I'm using my lan patch to play it with or against my friends. They are happy that they can play Dungeon Keeper at all.

Hi, is this unofficial build better for playing MP? because me and a friend played and crashed when using lightning.
    and can I complete the original campaigns relatively bug free?

KeeperFX 0.4.6 Unofficial is not better or worse on multiplayer than the Official KeeperFX 0.4.6. You can finish the original campaign without running into trouble yes, and play custom maps as well.

Zycho made a LAN-Patch which basically removes all lightning/drain effects from the game, as he says that's usually what crashes the game in multiplayer. I wouldn't play single player with that patch though, as it ruins all of the creatures who used to have those spells.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    KeeperFX 0.4.6 Unofficial is not better or worse on multiplayer than the Official KeeperFX 0.4.6. You can finish the original campaign without running into trouble yes, and play custom maps as well.

Zycho made a LAN-Patch which basically removes all lightning/drain effects from the game, as he says that's usually what crashes the game in multiplayer. I wouldn't play single player with that patch though, as it ruins all of the creatures who used to have those spells.
    So use your unofficial build for single player?
    I will just use a separate Unofficial Build + LAN patch for MP.
    Are you planning anymore updates to Unofficial 4.6? or are you generally satisfied with it?

So basically use Unofficial 4.6 until development of KeeperFX resumes?
    Last edited by Lord_Kane; March 19th, 2017 at 23:53.

There's really nothing else I can do, I'm not a software developer.
    I'm kinda annoyed there's a bug in this version that duplicates creatures on the minimap. That bug is from the version I branched the official release, and I've been unable to merge the fix that came later into my release. If I ever get any help with that - or any other improvements really - I'll release a new version, but for the foreseeable future this is it.

So yeah, unless development ever continues on KeeperFX I believe this unofficial build is the best Dungeon Keeper version available.

I have an issue in flowerhat, I built a workshop and no trolls have come.

Edit: never mind I had hit the creature limit
    Last edited by Lord_Kane; March 20th, 2017 at 01:57.

Any news about your next update?

Default KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.6

No news, haven't really done anything with this for quite a while. I don't really have a sense of urgency here because all the changes I've done since the last release are relatively minor. Look here at all the issues after 'prepared for release', it's hardly worth preparing a new package for that.

Is there anything specific you are waiting for?