Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 LastLast

Thread: Red Crystal Islands

Default Re: Red Crystal Islands

From the seemingly endless waters of the underground lakes, a motionless body of a beetle surfaced near Kuroki's shore. The body continued to drift in the soft waves of the lakes.

Eventually, the beetle slowly awakened. Still adrift on the surface of the water, it didn't hear nor see anything. The only thing it felt was the faint pulse of Kuroki's distant Dungeon Heart. To the beetle, it felt oddly familiar in an indescribable way.

"Keeeper…" it emitted in a very faint voice.

The beetle continued to drift about in the wave for a few more seconds, before slowly and quietly speaking again.

".....Keeper...I...I have..."

The beetle then felt the water currents pushing it onto Kuroki's shore. The Dungeon Heart's pulse felt ever so slightly closer.

"...I...I have returned...Keeper...to...to...to k-"

The beetle suddenly paused for a brief moment, before slowly standing up and opening its eyes. It saw the same terrain it vaguely recognized from times past. The small island of Keeper Kuroki, its former keeper. Until it all ended all of a sudden. The beetle wasn't quite sure what had happened. It just had a memory of having served in this area before. Then, it was all blank. And further than that, it was in that... other place. Now it just knew its objective was to return. Its former master Kuroki was its goal. For what, it either did not know or possibly even did not want to know.

"...Keeper. ...I am Scutus. I have returned to...serve you. IIi feel stronger than ever. And I will use my power to serve you. I-..."

Scutus started walking forward, entering the core of Kuroki's domain. He proceeded to move over to the Lair, and created his own nest on the exact position it had once stood before. Scutus then let his instincts and memories lead him to the Training Room.

When he entered the Training Room, Scutus felt more that his body didn't feel the same as it used to. His shell was even stronger and heavier than it used to - in fact, it was not merely a shell anymore, but it was now a shell reinforced with metal plating covering the edges of his shell. His lower body had been similarly armored, removing what used to be a fatally weak spot. At the same time, he felt more energy inside himself than he ever had before. What happened to him or how it happened to him he didn't know. It appears to have happened somewhere inside the gaps of his memory. The whole chain of events made Scutus feel somewhat fuzzy. Perhaps even more had happened to him that he has no awareness of.

For the mean time, Scutus started his training in the Training Room. He needed to know what exactly he now would be capable of.

Summary: Scutus washed ashore Kuroki's island, now with 30% more metal protection. (Questions about facts involving death to be left aside.) Created a lair, noticed its new mysterious enhancements, and started training.

Scutus the Metal Shield
    Health: 80%
    Mood: Tireless
    Level: 2
    Gold: 0

The Awakening

A Demon Spawn has entered your Dungeon.

After the annoucement Sunia leaps out of the portal while doing a somersault and landing on her four legs. "Huzzah! Oh yeah, that was nice!" Looks around and realizes no one saw her acrobatic display. "Oh well, your loss fellas." Sunia heads directly into the dungeon heart and introduces herself to Kuroki.

"Hiya! My name is Sunia, i came here because there's a lot of water and i am on a very INTENSE quest for finding the secrets of life! Can you believe it??? Oh well, i was surprised when i saw a dungeon in here and noticed you probably might need a hand, and it just so happen that I am the most amazing demon spawn you'll ever see in your life, well, maybe not THE most amazing but i can come really close, anyways, i'll just go ahead and say hello to the other fellas in here, call me if yah need me i can lend you a hand" pulls out vine whip "or two!" pulls out another vine whip.

Goes out of the dungeon and exclamates into the portal "Dungeon! Prepare to be a 100% cooler!" Sunia heads into the lair and makes her bed. She quickly heads into the training room and starts bashing out the dummy with her vine whips which were nor covered in spikes.

SUNIA'S SUMMARY
    • Health: 100%
    • Level: 1
    • Gold in Hand: 0
    • Gold in Lair: 0
    • Efficiency: 100%
    • Summary: Sunia makes a dramatic entrance, introduces herself to Kuroki, makes a lair and starts training.
    Last edited by Dark_Omega MK2; September 13th, 2013 at 02:02.

Jason, the English Knight
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	union-jack.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	1177

The Portal briefly lit up, indicating the arrival of a creature. The creature, however, did not reach the dungeon for another 5 minutes. During this small buffer period, complaints of all sorts could be heard from within the pit. The creature finally reached the summit, slowly climbing up onto the ledge that was the Portal.

A BLACK KNIGHT HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON

The Black Knight got to his feet, taking a moment to rest.

"...blimey. That's enough exercise for a lifetime.."

When he recovered, the Black Knight headed for to the Dungeon Heart to introduce himself to his new employer. When he reached the Heart, he removed his helmet and kneeled before the Keeper.

"Good day, Keeper. I am Jason, and I will serve you to the best of my ability."

He stood up, adopting a proud stance. He thought for a moment, before speaking again.

"So... uh... horrible weather, isn't it?"

He waited a few seconds, and upon recieving no immediate reply, he just nodded to himself and put his helmet back on, wandering off to find the Lair. He found it quickly enough, and built his bed there, before heading to the Training Room to train.

Jason Summary

Health: 100%
    Level: 1
    Gold Held: 0
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Mood: Neutral
    Efficiency: 100%
    Experience: 0/40
    Quick Summary: Jason entered, introduced himself and began training.
    Last edited by Keeper Decagon; September 13th, 2013 at 13:30.
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Karan
    &
    Wernslow
    The Explorer Firefly

Quite recently, in a dungeon not so far away...

The Portal hummed, with lights approaching from the deep. They were yellow and purple in colour, and were followed by the distinctive buzz of a Firefly. A rush of wind came from the Portal, and the Fireflies emerged, one held by another. They looked briefly at their surroundings.

TWO FIREFLIES HAVE ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON

They buzzed forward, noticing something... wrong. The paths before them had a distinctive blue gemstone buried in the tiles. The Fireflies exclaimed "Oops, wrong dungeon," together, and quickly flew back into the Portal.

TWO FIREFLIES HAVE LEFT YOUR DUNGEON

__________________________________________________ ___________________

In Kuroki's dungeon...

The Fireflies buzzed out of the Portal. The first thing they checked was the path colour, and to their relief, it contained black gemstones.

TWO FIREFLIES HAVE... Oh, you know the rest.

Both insects looked up at the ceiling, surprised at the tone of the introduction.

"How rude."

They proceeded towards the Heart, and landed before it. They "bowed", and began to introduce themselves to Kuroki. The male Firefly went first.

"Greetings, Keeper Kuroki. I am Wernslow, master of exploration and scouting enemy dungeons. My skills are at your disposal, but I must make a request: my right wing was broken in the previous dungeon we were in, but the Keeper refused to acknowledge my request for a Heal. If I am to once again explore, I will need my wing intact. Could you Heal me?"

A few seconds later, the other Firefly stepped forward and introduced herself.

"I am Karan, and my skills of research and magic are at your command. I must mention, however, that I despise Heroes, so if you have any under your command, please tell me so I can make sure to avoid them. Anyway, come on, brother."

Wernslow nodded to his sister, who picked him up and flew to the Lair. They built their pods; Wernslow stayed by his lair, while Karan flew to the Library. She looked at the research list, nodded, and flew to a bookcase. She picked up a book titled "Hold Audience for Dummies", flying to the top of the bookcase, and began reading the book.

Karan Summary

Mood: Content
    Experience: 6.4/15
    Quick Summary: Karan entered the wrong dungeon, then the right dungeon, she introduced herself to Kuroki and began researching Hold Audience.

Wernslow Summary

Health: 98%
    Mood: Happy
    Experience: 9.6/15
    Quick Summary: Wernslow also entered the wrong dungeon, then the right dungeon, he introduced himself to Kuroki and requested for a Heal.
    Last edited by Keeper Decagon; September 19th, 2013 at 19:54.

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Views:	2 
Size:	408.6 KB 
ID:	1180

While Sunia was training by whiping the dummy with her spiky vines, she starts looking around and notices a bettle covered in some sort of armor. "Ok, that looks cool!" She was about to head towards Scutus to talk to him when her eyes catch a black knight. "Oh boy! More armor, the more fun!" She quickly heads towards the black knight and starts poking his shoulder with her (non spiky) vine whip. "Uuuuhhhh! This is like real steel and covered in metal and then the expression is like GRRRR" does an aggresive motion for a second "and then you cut enemies like cake and like, you get covered in blood and organs, delicious organs!! and enemies run away from you, ooohhh, that is so scary!" she calms herself down "Anyways my cool-but-not-as-cool-as-me-companion, the name's Sunia and i am the most amazing creature you will ever EVER find." extends vine whip in front of him like expecting a hand shake. Sunia sits down on the floor.

Feeling something poking his shoulder, Jason looked down at the small green Demon Spawn. After she finishes her introduction, Jason finally has a chance to speak. "Well, hello there, Sunia. You certainly are excitable, aren't you?" Out of courtesy, the Black Knight removes his helmet, holding it under his arm as he bends down and gives Sunia's whip a hand shake. He hadn't met many Demon Spawns during his time in Heavenarius, but this one certainly seemed more energetic than the rest. He tried his best to make out a friendly smile on his face. "So, what brings you to this rather wet place?"

"Well..." Sunia clears her throat "It was a VERY long time ago, mom always told me about the world outside and the crazy war between the silly humans and the amazingly mean monsters. Anyways, after a lot of thinking i decided it was time for me... Time to become a MAN...WOMAN...DEMON SPAWN!!!" Sunia stands. "I am here to conquer the universe and rule it with an iron fist! But, if someone asks you i am here because there is a lot of water and water is nice, in fact, this whole place kicks butt! All water, all everywhere!"

"Keeper Kokurioki... Corkirioki... The boss is very lucky and so are you my friend! I will guide us to the magnificent path of victory, just you wait and see, once the enemy takes a glance at me, they will not even DARE to get close to me and the ones that do that will be bashed to death!" The demon spawn starts whiping the dummy for a few seconds, after a while she calms down. "But you! You have like this funny accent or sumthin. A black knight like you sure has a lot of stories and i am EAGER to hear ALL of them!" looks at Jason with excitement.

The Black Knight stands up, chuckling at Sunia's enthusiasm. "Alright, let me think... I'll tell you about why I am here," Jason said. "This one time, I was guarding an important shipment of explosives and magical artifacts in the Plymouth Docks, back home in England. I was up on deck when I spotted something moving below, in the hold," He stood up, taking himself back to that fateful day. "When I got down there, I found no-one. I searched every compartment, every crate. No-one. What I had not expected was that a particular Rogue had infiltrated the ship, hiding from me using his Invisibility. He knocked me down from behind, taking the torch I was holding and throwing it into the explosive cargo. When I awoke, I saw the torch burning through the crate it landed on. Without thinking, I ran to the torch, throwing it out of a nearby porthole, but it was for nothing. The now-smoldering crate lit the explosives. The first explosion blasted me out of the side of the ship, with following explosions destroying the ship and all of its precious cargo." Jason looked sadly at the Demon Spawn. "When they fished me out of the water, I was arrested on the spot. They thought I was working for a terrorist group of some kind, and they blamed me for destroying the cargo!" His sadness turned to anger, and he swung his huge sword at a training dummy, slicing it in half. He took a few deep breaths, and continued. "I gave them my observations onboard, what with the Rogue and the torch, but they didn't believe me. They didn't imprison me, luckily, because of my standing in the British Army, but that was quickly erased when they got word of what happened. Disgraced and hunted by the authorities, I used whatever Gold I had left to get on a tradeship heading to this place. And so, here I am."

Sunia looks at Jason, she seems incredibly impressed. "Wow man, like totally awesome! A story full of drama, anger, sadness and treason! We can be like a team and become the most fearsome, most badass creatures in the whole continent or something!" Sunia stands on her vine whips at the height of the Black Knight's face. "You have like The Eyes, you know? The kind of eyes you only see on someone who is totally radical!" From her height notices there are other creatures. "Buuuut i think i'll get to know the other creatures first, I need a list on who is cool and who is not. But you, you are totally number one on my list... Well, you are the only one in it, right, but that's beside the point! Catch yah later!" With this, Sunia lowers to ground level and starts walking away.

Jason simply nods as she walks away, replacing his helmet and continuing to slash at the remaining half of his dummy. Well, I think I've made a friend there, he thought. We can be a team and become fearsome, eh? That would be jolly nice indeed! He chuckled to himself as he continued training.

Jason Summary

Mood: Slightly saddened, yet excited
    Experience: 1.5/40 (+1.5 training)
    Quick Summary: Jason spoke with Sunia, listening to her story, and gave his own afterwards. He continues training after she walks off.

SUNIA'S SUMMARY
    • Summary: Sunia talks to Jason about their lives, she leaves afterwards.

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

While discussing with the informant Keeper Kuroki notices a faint voice talking to him. "Keeeper…" Kuroki notices Scutus, a bettle that was supposed to be dead. Apparently he was not only dead, but he seems to have some attachments on him.

"...Keeper. ...I am Scutus. I have returned to...serve you. IIi feel stronger than ever. And I will use my power to serve you. I-..."

"Very well Scutus, i am glad to see you were truly not dead, take it easy. For now, your orders are for training and to stay inside the dungeon."

Scutus left to do his own things. Kuroki had a few questions on his own about the nature of Scutus's attachments. "Is it safe? Maybe some scientist tampered with him."

"Yes. And besides, we don't have much of a choice, Scutus was one of the few competent creatures before, this is a chance i cannot waste, his augmentations will serve e for better or worse."

A Demon Spawn has entered your Dungeon.

"Hiya! My name is Sunia, i came here because there's a lot of water and i am on a very INTENSE quest for finding the secrets of life! Can you believe it??? Oh well, i was surprised when i saw a dungeon in here and noticed you probably might need a hand, and it just so happen that I am the most amazing demon spawn you'll ever see in your life, well, maybe not THE most amazing but i can come really close, anyways, i'll just go ahead and say hello to the other fellas in here, call me if yah need me i can lend you a hand" pulls out vine whip "or two!" pulls out another vine whip.

"Nice to meet you Sunia, It seems you come with a lot of enthusiasm and special capabilities. Don't worry, I'll make sure your adventure here is intense, we will need as many hands as you can possibly have, for now your orders are into training or crafting, but don't go outside the dungeon until i say otherwise."

The demon spawn leaves to do his things

"...That was weird"

"You heard her, she wants to be big and famous, i am more than happy to comply with that enthusiasm. hehe."

A BLACK KNIGHT HAS ENTERED YOUR DUNGEON

"Good day, Keeper. I am Jason, and I will serve you to the best of my ability."

He stood up, adopting a proud stance. He thought for a moment, before speaking again.

"So... uh... horrible weather, isn't it?"

Noticing the good manners of the black knight, Kuroki decides to reply in the same way. "Good day Jason, the weather is always nasty in here, just make sure you have a lot of armor polish handy, this humidity can make wonder to armors. But nevermind that, your orders are to train and to not go outside the dungeon until i say otherwise."

Jason leaves to do his own things.

"He's one with a weird accent."

"Ï know, at least he's educated and he's a black knight, that is a combination i do want."

TWO FIREFLIES HAVE... Oh, you know the rest.

Kuroki slaps the Informant "You have failed me for the last time Informant."

"Alright, alright, i apologize..."

"Good."

"Greetings, Keeper Kuroki. I am Wernslow, master of exploration and scouting enemy dungeons. My skills are at your disposal, but I must make a request: my right wing was broken in the previous dungeon we were in, but the Keeper refused to acknowledge my request for a Heal. If I am to once again explore, I will need my wing intact. Could you Heal me?"

"Your last keeper could not even spare a healing spell? Pathetic..." After this, Kuroki casts a healing spell on Wernslow, healing the broken wing. "Your orders right now are not to scout, however i may require those abilities later on."

"I am Karan, and my skills of research and magic are at your command. I must mention, however, that I despise Heroes, so if you have any under your command, please tell me so I can make sure to avoid them. Anyway, come on, brother."

"Pleasure to meet you Karan, i do not have heroes at my command, but do keep in mind that the local hero faction is in truce with us, they will not attack you unless provoked, they are much too busy with Keeper Rattus. There are two guards that are posted on the entrances of the dungeon, do not attack them, which reminds me. Both of you, your orders are to either train or research, but also, do not go outside the dungeon."

Kuroki turns his attention to the informant.

"Those are some quite needy fireflies."

"Yes, I'll make sure they are put to good use, besides, we cannot be picky ourselves right now. Well, not entirely picky..."

Kuroki turns his attention to Mdukos, Zaral, Annika and Tarik and picks them up. "Your "services" are no longer needed and by services i mean eating from my hatchery and abusing of my good disposition. OFF WITH YOU!" Throws the creatures out of the dungeon.

"You know informant, the ambient is growing extremely boring around here, there's nothing but water everywhere, let's make things more interesting." Kuroki grabs the imprisoned goblin and puts him in the combat pit casting heal on it. Kuroki makes an announcement afterwards.

"Creatures, i have placed a semi competent goblin inside the combat pit, you are free to utilize him as target practice for your combat needs, should you be defeated in the arena an Imp will carry you to your designated lair immediately. Don't be reckless my minions, if you cannot fight him, don't try it. You are free to watch also."

The goblin yells at Kuroki "Oh... NOT AGAIN!!! WHY!?!?!" Kuroki turns attention towards him. "Because it is incredibly practical, now fight for your life as it is the only reason why i am keeping!"

Kuroki talks to the Informant "This reminds me, without Asifet, i will need a new second in command eventually... Why he left anyway?"

"That's the odd part, he left to pursue revenge."

"He will pay for this."

Kuroki looks ouside the his dungeon, he notices the hero forces of Captain Magdeburg engaging Rattus creatures, the hero squad seem to be doing perfectly as they dispose of a couple creatures with ease, this action seems to have attracted Rattus attention as his creatures are quickly retreating, including Rattus's imps. Magdeburg and his forces continue to advance through the lake island and are now dealing with the lightning trap as well as a couple more of Rattus's creatures.

Between the enemy creatures from the encounter on Kuroki's bridge, while most of them are dead a bile demon and a demon spawn barely made it alive. Kuroki seeing a chance to snatch them quickly throws two imps to carry them into the prison seeing they were unconcious on his tiles. Magdeburg sure was godsend for him in his dire situation, but even not, his future seems rather uncertain. The impsquickly imprison the creatures and return to their duties afterwards.

Kuroki grabs the imprisoned fly and places it in a torture device, he turns his attention to Yidra. "Have fun with this subject Yidra, extract as many information on Rattus as you can."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Actions:
    Introductions with new creatures
    Placing Jim Bob into the combat pit for anyone to dare try him.
    Watching the hero assault advancing throught Rattus's forces.
    Captured a level 2 Demon Spawn and a level 3 Bile Demon.
    Sacking inactive creatures.

General Orders:
    Stay inside Dungeon.
    Train.
    Fight Jim Bob in the combat pit, if you dare.
    Yidra: Torture a fly.

Research Orders:
    -You have new orders for research, Scavenger room is not worth the effort right now. Prioritize as listed
    Hold Audience 5%
    Call to Arms
    Cave-In
    Temple

Crafting Orders:
    -Prioritize as listed
    1 steel door
    10 braced doors

Imp Orders:
    8 gold mining
    2 expanding
    1 reinforcing

Current Gold: 17793/36000 (+1200) = 18993
    Current Mana: 3620 + 528 - 85 - 85 = 3978
    Mana Gain: 88

Detailed

Last edited by Dark_Omega MK2; September 20th, 2013 at 05:02.

Wernslow
    The Explorer Firefly

Kuroki's healing magic worked, completely restoring Wernslow's ability to fly. To give his newly repaired wing a test, he flew several laps around the Lair. Pleased, he listened to the Keeper's orders to stay and train.

"Of course, Keeper, I shall proceed at once!"

He buzzed quickly to the Training Room, grabbing a chicken to eat on the way, and began his training. He noted the presence of some other creatures, but decided to focus on training before socialising with them.

Wernslow Summary

Health: 100% (+2 Heal, flying ability restored)
    Gold In Lair: 0
    Mood: Focused
    Experience: 10.4/15 (+0.8 training)
    Quick Summary: Wernslow tested his healed wing, and went to train.
    Last edited by Keeper Decagon; October 21st, 2013 at 22:59.

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Views:	2 
Size:	408.6 KB 
ID:	1180

Jason looked up from his training as he heard Kuroki's announcement, and smirked under his helmet. He wanted to be the first to try his luck with the enemy Goblin. He walked to the Combat Pit, seeing his foe within. The Pit was small; it was only 3x4 in size, restricting the space for the fight.

The Black Knight walked to the edge of the Pit, looking down at the Goblin. It hadn't noticed he was there yet, and was only trying to find a way to get out. Jason jumped into the Pit, landing next to the Goblin, and making the ground shake a little. Surprised by his arrival, the Goblin jumped back and readied his weapon.

"Well, well. So you think you have the strength to take me on? Let's see how well you get on without your limbs!"

The Black Knight drew his sword; it had a massive steel blade that had enough momentum to cut through the Goblin's armor with little resistance, but it was heavy. This meant that every swing Jason made would not only dig the sword into whatever it hit, but also would use a lot of energy to perform. But the Knight was a master swordsman, and knew better than to blindly swing his sword at an enemy.

The Goblin charged first, activating Speed, and taking multiple slashes at the Black Knight before quickly retreating. They didn't do much in the way of damage, causing a twinge of panic in the Goblin. Jason used this split second opportunity to slash at the Goblin, narrowly missing. The sword hit the side of the Combat Pit, and embedded itself between the stones. He tugged at the sword, giving the Goblin another chance to attack. It ran around the back of him, and slashed several times at his armor joints on his legs, which were naturally weak points. Jason let go of his sword briefly, turned around and knocked the Goblin away, before removing his sword from the wall.

Breathing heavily, Jason adopted a defensive stance, blocking another flurry of attacks with his sword. The Goblin, despite having Speed, seemed to be getting less aggressive in his attacks with every block Jason made, as if he realized the futility of his assaults. The Black Knight slowly switched to an offensive stance, beating the Goblin back without swinging his sword too much, until his foe was in the corner. He lifted his blade above his head, ready to finish it off.

"And now it ends. Any last words?"

The Goblin only responded with, "Screw you!" Jason was hardly surprised.

"So be it."

He drove the sword down, but the Goblin tried to escape past the Knight, slashing at the back of his legs as he jumped past. The Goblin landed a few metres further down the length of the Pit, but it felt an incredible pain below it's waist. Jason sheathed his sword, smirking as he picked up the Goblin's severed right leg, and throwing it back at him. It shouted, "AAGGHH...! Just... kill me!" The Knight simply shook his head.

"I don't think I will kill you, actually. Enjoy your parting gift, hehehe."

Meanwhile, the Informant finally realized what had occured in the Pit.

THE BATTLE IN THE COMBAT PIT IS OVER

Jason climbed out of the Pit via the trapdoor, heading back to the Lair to rest. He was quite pleased with himself.

"Semi-competent, eh? Rattus must really lack good creatures."

Jason chuckled, and entered the Lair. He sat down on his bed, removing his helmet. The flickering torches in the place made his face look quite dark, with only his brow and nose clearly visible. He lay down his sword underneath his lair. He sat for a while, thinking, realizing that this new life was everything he had wanted in his old one, which was mainly freedom. A fresh ocean breeze blew into the dungeon, circulating around the Lair. Jason breathed it in, gaining a certain satisfaction in his mind. He lay back on his bed, letting his mind take him away from his body, to places far and unknown; the realms only accessible via dreams. He closed his eyes and drifted away.

Jason Summary

Health: 86% (-3/6/5 by Jim Bob)
    Mood: ZzZzzZZzzz.....
    Efficiency: 0%
    Experience: 9/40 (+7.5 Pit fight)
    Quick Summary: Jason fought Jim Bob, cut off his right leg, and refused to end his suffering. He walked back to the Lair, and fell asleep. For more information, read the post above.

Jim Bob Status

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Sunia heard Kuroki's announcement just as she finished talking to Jason, she did notice Jason heading out of the training room right after the announcement, she was able to see his intentions. Interested in the black knight's combat abilities she decides to follow him and as he was entering the pit, she stood on the sides and decided to cheer on the black knight.

As the black knight was gaining advantage on the goblin she realy became excited. "Wooohh!! Yeah!! cut his head off!!! You can do it mister funky accent!!!" Just as the battle was ending, she realized that Jason did not kill the goblin, and instead severed his leg, she was confused at first but when she heard of his parting gift comment she reacted "cooooool, i wanna be like you when i grow up!".

The black knight leaves and one imp quickly carries the goblin back into the prison. "That was very exciting!" said the demon spawn as she headed towards the hatchery to fetch some chicken for herself. She realized that if she wanted to become like "mister black knight with funky accent" she had to train real hard. After gulping some chicken, she quickly headed into the training room and decided to continue her exercise. She also realized that if she wanted to make a mark on the world as the greatest, she would need a loyal sidekick. No one so far was worthy as sidekick material.

SUNIA'S SUMMARY
    • Summary: Watches Jason's debut in the combat pit, eats a couple chicken in the hatchery and goes back to training room.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Beetlington stared in horror at the smashed porcelain china, which had been whole just a moment before. He threw his book on digestibility of various foodstuffs in various heroes down and began to panic.

The source of the broken china was none other than a giant round rock which, in addition to ruining his glazed dining set and wasting his tea through spillage, had passed through three walls of the shit-manor to get to where it now lay, under a collapsed bookshelf.

It took a moment to sink in, but when it did, Beetlington panicked. His mandibles began to click involuntarily as he ran around the house, calling after his parents.
    “Mother dear? Dearest father? Where are you?” He maintained proper diction despite his fear, as befits a proper lord.

The day was long overdue. The heroes had told them to move multiple times now. In the past, that didn’t matter – the Beetles of the Meadow had more than enough manpower at their command to throw away any human militia. But Beetlington’s parent’s generation had grown careless and failed to maintain a standing army, and never adopted the family’s military heritage. Had they acknowledged history, they'd have known it was by force, and not diplomacy, that their family had kept their land. They'd grown complacent, since the heroes had left them for generations.

Well, apart from Aunty Beetrice, who he then happened to stumble in upon. He was in the main foyer of his family manor on the second floor. There were holes in the wall, no doubt caused by more catapulted projectiles. At the entrance, the wooden door had been turned to splinters and his aunt, encased in her home-made steel plating, was busy ripping off legs of the heroic guards who had attempted with little success to storm the breach. They screamed, lamenting their loss of limbs. Though Beetrice blocked the main doorway, other forces were entering through holes made through the faecal walls.

Nothing I can do here, Beetrice can manage this. He rushed to the western wing’s dining hall, where his parents tended to spend most of their time, his spindly legs making soft wet noises on the long-ago digested floor. When he reached the room, the scene he saw from his height vantage filled him with dread.

His parents were surrounded by a variety of heroes – knights, archers, guards and wizards. Their leader was over 9 foot tall, presumably from the giants for which the territory was named. Each had some sort of cloth tied around their face, presumably to block out the manor’s eternal perfume, lest they wish to stay forever. Beetlington could do nothing but watch in fear as the wizards froze his parents in place, put them on a sledge, and removed them from the mansion through a hole which hadn’t existed the night before.

They’re taken. The manor is lost! Woe is me, woe to the Beetles of the Meadow! I must give flight, far from here, but to where?

His family may have forgotten the military prowess that allowed them to keep their foothold in heroic territory for centuries, but they hadn’t gone daft. Beetlington entered a series of secret tunnels below the building. One lead deep into the earth, a different place entirely. He knew the type of life the tunnels would lead him to. He prayed he’d come across a keeper worthy of service.

Beetlington’s compound eyes drifted back into focus on the words of the page before him. He’d been phased out for ages, remembering the past, remembering how he got to where he was.

Beetrice fought whilst I did nothing.

He’d missed a great deal of commotion – Kuroki’s addresses, creatures entering and exiting the library, research milestones being reached and new orders being made.

Beetrice fought whilst I did nothing.

Beetlington put down his book, which was on the hopelessly outdated research project of the prison. He moved to the workshop, expecting to talk with Grot and perhaps retrieve his portable sentry cannon.

Grot wasn’t there, but a strange hooded man with a sadistic wry smile was. The man scared him and probably wasn’t supposed to be there to begin with, so Beetlington left, dismayed that he’d not be able to fight as he’d intended.

The beetle overheard Kuroki’s general command that creatures train or craft. He’d also heard that there was a foe awaiting combat in the pit.

Beetrice fought whilst I did nothing. Never again.

Though determined to train, Beetlington was famished. He could hardly be productive if all he could think about was food. So, he moved to his lair to grab a bite to eat. Reaching his destination, he noticed that his lair tinkled with gold on top. He brought his mandibles scooped a wad of faeces towards his mouth and he felt them connect with something hard. And wooden. Wrenching on it, he pulled, eventually revealing a large wooden workshop crate.

What’s this?

Beetlington opened the crate, and what rested inside filled him with delight. He spun around. Praise that delightful old cretin, he did it!

The sentry cannon looked sturdy, practical, had delightful patterns and leather straps which looked like they’d work a treat. Removing it from its crate, Beetlington performed a great feat of physical dexterity and flexibility to place it upon his own back and, following that, tighten the leather holdings.

He began walking, and though the weight was burdensome and shifted with center of balance as he moved, he was determined to deal with it and compensated for it. He moved east, through the hatchery, and arrived at the training room which appeared quite… crowded.

Not here.

He continued on to the combat pit, passing through the lair. The scene he came upon was quite dismal – a maimed goblin lay bleeding and screaming in an imp's arms, being dragged away, and a disjointed leg lay on the pit's soil. Before Beetlington could think of what he'd do, he felt the sentry gun on his back twist into a firing position shortly before giving a kick which caused the beetle to fall off balance onto his behind, sentry gun and bum on floor.

Meanwhile the projectile the machine had fired hit the goblin's severed leg, which could add burn marks and physical trauma to its list of problems, lack of bloodflow being first among them.

Limbs flailing, Beetlington eventually found purchase with his hind limbs which allowed him to adjust his centre of gravity enough for his middle legs to gain traction, eventually landing back on his feet. No sooner was he upright then the sentry gun fired again, this time the projectile missing the leg and the beetle being forced back into the wall, hurting his rear. The gun appeared to be readying itself to fire again.

This is going to take some practice.

Summary
    Health: 80% ( -5% blunt trauma to rear, +15% from food, inactivity)
    Level: 1.95 (+0.05)
    Gold in Lair: (50 from Kuroki)
    Mood: Determined
    Keeper Approval: 15 (no change)
    Summary: Beetlington reminisced about his family's loss of their manor. Focusing back on the present, he determined he'd train, attached Grot's automatic sentry gun to himself and fired, unwittingly, on Jimbob in the combat pit, causing himself harm in the process.
    Last edited by Searingflame2; September 28th, 2013 at 16:39.