Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48

Thread: Red Crystal Islands

Default Re: Red Crystal Islands

Wernslow
    The Explorer Firefly

While Sunia was training, she felt a strange pulling sensation as Kuroki grabbed her out of the training room. This surprised her a bit as she fell into the ground right outside the dungeon. "Wai- whe- wha-?" She gets interrupted by Kuroki's orders.

"I want both of you to explore the south side of that island in front of you. When you enter it, head to your left. You will find someone. Beware, both of you must exercise extreme caution, what's in there might be dangerous, You may encounter heroes attacking Rattus's dungeon, DON'T help them, in fact, don't let them see you at all. Now go!"

As she was standing up she nodded to Kuroki "Alrighty boss, we'll get into that!" she notices the firefly next to her as she help her stand up with her vine whip. "Hiya fella! The name's Sunia and don't worry about anythin', Heroes don't know nothin' about my awesomeness!"

Dazed momentarily after being dropped, Wernslow simply nodded in response to Kuroki's orders. He was rather excited though about the whole exploration task. Finally, a Keeper who recognizes my ability, he thought. Then he heard his companion enthusiastically introduce herself, and so he decided to do the same. "Hello there, Sunia. I'm Wernslow, and I'm sure glad to have someone else along with me on this trip. Anyways, that's enough chit-chat, we've got a cavern to explore!" His light glowed brightly for a few seconds, before fading back to a more ambient shade of purple. He looked towards their destination in the distance, saying to the Demon Spawn, "Lead the way, I'll follow."

Sunia nods at Wernslow "Alright partner!" she starts walking and heads inside the nearby entrance of the lake island, while the destination was close by, they had to be careful as things could go wrong easily. Sunia notices the heroes on the other side of the entrance in a heated battle, she wishes she could take part on it, she then turns to Wernslow "Uhm... so which way is the south? like... i look down and there's bridge and water, i thought we would fall down a hole or somethin'." says Sunia, she seems a little confused.

The Firefly landed himself beside Sunia, walking to the edge of the water, swirling one of his forelegs in the salty brine. He then perked up his head, using his antennae to detect the wind movement within the cavern. "There's south." He pointed to the patch of dirt patch that lay a small distance away from them. "We must heed Kuroki's warnings, so let's approach carefully. I know, if I carry you over there, it will stop you making any splashing noises as we head to that island." Wernslow looks at Sunia sincerely, hoping she would grasp his tactical plan.

Sunia listens to Wernslow and his plan, the demon spawn seems rather sad about it. "But... but... water..." her inner self interrupts her NO!, Sunia you must control yourself, this is the one moment to shine! Don't screw up and just follow the plan! Sunia, after a moment of silence finally replies. "alright" She then uses her vine whip to attach herself to Wernslow. "Don't worry, i am as light as a leaf. but i still don't get why there's no hole to go south."

Wernslow shrugged, and with a powerful flap of his wings, both creature flew into the air. Sunia appeared to be telling the truth about her weight, as the Firefly barely felt her weighing him down at all. He proceeded as fast as he could across the water, as quiet as he could be. They quickly reached and landed on the island. Wernslow looked back at the path they just came from, and luckily no Heroes appeared to have spotted them at all.

Both creatures felt safe until they realized what was truly going on the tiny island. There were a few rotting corpses litered into the ground, two goblins, one demon spawn and even a fly appear to decorate the scene. Sunia felt uneasy at this sight. At the distance, with it's back turned appeared to be a human in armor, this person was holding the dead corpse of a goblin putting it's hand in front of her, as it did this, a bright stream started coming out of the goblin. The ritual seemed rather painful and unpleasant to watch, the creature however, has not noticed both the firefly and the demon spawn. Sunia grabbed Wernslow close to her and whispered "S-should we talk to that thing?"

Wernslow whispered back to Sunia, "I'll try and talk to it, stay behind me." The Firefly felt increasingly uneasy as he stepped forwards, towards the gruesome-looking ritual. Gathering whatever courage he had, Wernslow spoke up, "Hey, you! Who are you?" No response. Fear crept into his mind as he continued to approach the creature. "H-hello? C-can you understand me?" The creature was still silent. Strangely curious, and petrified, Wernslow crawled up beside the creature. He noticed that it appeared to be completely focused on whatever the hell it was doing. Foolishly, the Firefly reached out to the figure. The instant he touched it, the creature sprang into life, sending Wernslow flying with a swing of it's sword. He landed near Sunia, by the water's edge, quickly getting back onto his feet. He tried once more to communicate with the creature, which appeared to be female. "Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

She gave him a mildly puzzled look, but still adopted an offensive stance. "I-I-I didn't mean to disturb you, all I just wanted to talk to..." His voice drifted away on an ocean of fear, and he realized that there was gonna be no luck trying to talk to her. Wernslow looked at the scared Sunia, and then back to the figure. His voice returned partially, and he just about managed to pronounce "Bring it on." With no warning, the creature charged, catching the Firefly off-guard. He tried to fly away, but she intercepted him with the side of her sword, and both of them tumbled into the salty ocean water.

Wernslow hauled himself back onto the island, but heard the cries and screams of pain from his attacker. He looked at her, seeing that the water... was hurting her. The cries were almost as bad to hear as the corpses were to look at, and Wernslow sprang into action, doing his best to rescue the creature from a slow and painful death. Once he had dragged her onto land, she looked up at her rescuer. She gave another puzzled look as she saw that the one she rescued was the same one she tried to kill moments before. And then she appeared to fall unconscious. Wernslow shook his head. He walked to Sunia, still rather shaken up by the whole event, "S-so, Sunia, w-what should we do now?"

Before Sunia can answer, the vampire, regaining her focus stands up and backs away from the demon spawn and firefly, this time, she pulls out a spear with a curved blade, which she holds with both hands. "Wah!! I don't know, Keeper Kroki will be mad!" The creature as she hears this speaks for the first time. "Kroki? Aren't you goons sent by Rattus?" She still retained an offensive stance. Sunia a little surprised by this, answers "W-Well, we follow them orders from K'roki, miss..." the creature stops being in fighting stance and remains with her spear next to her in one hand, she adds in a serious tone "I see, You should have mentioned this before or i could have cut you in half, both of you. Explain more about this Kroki you obey." despite the fact that she did was not going to attack, the look on her face was still menacing.

"Well... I've not been with Kuroki very long, so I really can't give much of an explanation, but what I can say is, I have no clue as to a "Rattus"." The Firefly looked up at the figure as he spoke, flicking his water-soaked wings to try and dry them off. He nervously looked at Sunia, and then back at the Vampire. "What did this Rattus actually do to..." Wernslow pieced a few things together. It seemed quite straightforward, as she was a Vampire, stuck on an island surrounded by seawater. She had no means of escape. "Did Rattus trap you here? We could always try to convince Kuroki to release you by building a bridge to this island."

The woman stomps the ground with her spear which was standing next to her, making a surprisingly loud sound. "Rattus is a bastard! I am acting as an independent agent, I have not and never will serve him. When I requested an audience with him, he simply refused as I was just a "lowly creature" and instead sent a couple of his goons. Ironically, this "gesture" turned to be nice" she smiles ominously "They certainly were a delightful company." She returns to her serious expression. "You say i beg this Kuroki which i don't even know for help, how can you guarantee that he's not as moronic as Rattus? You can't! No, I will need an audience with this keeper, at once!"

Sunia walks towards her despite her fear and asks "So, uhm... what is your name? And, what are you anyway?" the woman looks at Sunia in the eyes, unmoving "I am Ariadne, a vampire. I am surprised you care for such formalities at this point. This speaks well of Keeper Kuroki."

The two creatures continue interrogating the vampire.

Wernslow Summary

Health: 85% (-15% by Ariadne)
    Level: 1
    Gold Held: 0
    Gold In Lair: 0
    Mood: Cautious
    Efficiency: 100%
    Experience: 12.4/15 (+2 rescuing Ariadne)
    Quick Summary:Wernslow accompanied Sunia to the lake island, as instructed by Kuroki, and found a Vampire there along with several corpses. Wernslow tried to make contact first, but to no avail, until he touched her. She knocked him away, did not respond to further questions, and attacked. Both Wernslow and Ariadne fell into the water, and the Firefly rescued her shortly after. Then there was some questioning.

SUNIA'S SUMMARY
    • Health: 100%
    • Level: 1
    • Gold in Hand: 0
    • Gold in Lair: 0
    • Efficiency: 100%
    • Summary: After a travel with Wernslow she and the firefly reach their destination just to be indimidated and attacked by the vampire in there, after a series of dialogues, the three creatures stop fighting.

Jason, the English Knight
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	union-jack.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	1241

With another swing of his blade, Jason sent the dummy spiralling once more. He ducked, anticipating the dummy's weapon arm coming about, and swung his sword upwards, sending his artificial foe's weapon flying. Then the dummy's other arm came about, knocking the Knight aside.

Ugh, should have expected that. So, if I swing... duck... remove the weapon... then parry the other arm and... and one last swing...

He practised the moves as he went along, afterwards cutting off the head of the dummy.

Heh, it worked for once.

Jason walked to an adjacent dummy, working through other strategies as he improves his skills.

Jason Summary

Health: 100%
    Gold in Lair: 0
    Mood: Concentrated
    Experience: 14/40 (+4 training)
    Quick Summary: Jason trained some more.
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Karan

The Library was nicely quiet, with the odd breeze disturbing the silence every now and then. Karan had been reading for what seemed a long while, and she was nearing the end of her book. When she finished it, she tossed it atop another pile of books in the corner.

The Firefly jumped off the bookshelf, gliding out of the Library, through the Lair, and into the Hatchery. Once there, she snatched a couple of chickens, swallowing them whole, as she circled above them like some insectoid vulture.

Hmph, can't they have some other things to eat in dungeons? I'm getting fed up of chicken.

She flew in and out of rooms, searching for another job to do, anything but reading those dreary books. When she reached the Training Room, she though that she may as well, and she joined the other creatures in there, whacking the inanimate Training Dummies. Karan had wondered in the past about how this could possibly give her experience, but she guessed that it had something to do with magic.

Karan Summary

Mood: Content
    Experience: 7.2/15 (+0.8 training)
    Quick Summary: Karan stopped researching and went to train.
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

It was a long trip, but The Black Knight finally made it back to Kuroki's dungeon. With barely any effort, she tosses a heavy sack of 2000 Gold towards Kuroki's Treasury, proof of her victory at the Portal Settlement Tournament. With Pasili following closely behind, much to her annoyance, The Black Knight takes several large steps forward, towards Kuroki's Dungeon Heart. She sticks her blade into the ground and rests her hands over the bottom of the handle, staring into the Dungeon Keeper's heart. "Keeper Kuroki," she says at last, "It would seem that, for the time being, you do not have need of my services. I cannot remain here while my blade and battle instincts dull. Therefore, I will be departing to another land where my talents can be actively put to use. If you need of my power again, then you may summon me again. Until then."

The Black Knight makes a big turn before she starts heading towards the Portal, yet still, this humanoid Ghost keeps following her. She follows The Black Knight all the way to the edge of Kuroki's land, giving her the impression that the Ghost will follow her all the way down. The Black Knight turns her head a bit and questions her, "Do you intend to follow me all the way through? Why don't you stay here with Keeper Kuroki?" "Well truth is I don't really have an attachment to this place. I just want to go somewhere fun! Or somewhere where I can find a nice, charming Keeper. I get the feeling I won't find either here." The Black Knight already turned her head back towards the Portal and now looks down into the depths, not paying much attention to Pasili.

"Besides..." the Ghost continues, "You saved me! That's so sweet, I have to repay you somehow!" "Then pay your depth by leaving me be," The Black Knight mutters in response. Pasili giggles and replies, "Aw, you're so funny, Black Knight! C'mon, let's go!" The Black Knight closes her eyes as she wonders why she has to deal with creatures like this, replying back, "I only cared to save you in service of Kuroki. Down there, you are on your own." Pasili teases, "Don't worry, I know now to watch out for any footless Goblins." To this, The Black Knight has no reply. It is not necessary to answer, even. She just needs to get on with what she wants to do. With that, she takes another step forward and drops in as Pasili flies down to follow.

THE BLACK KNIGHT AND A GHOST HAVE LEFT YOUR DUNGEON. DEAL WITH IT.

. . . . .The Black Knight
    Health: 93%
    Armor Health: 81%
    Level: 4
    Experience: 0/45
    Gold in Hand: 0
    Gold in Lair: 400
    Equipment: Great Sword
    Efficiency: -

Pasili
    Experience: 0/15
    Equipment: None

Summery:
    The Black Knight and Pasili returned from the Portal Settlement and the former dropped off 2000 gold from the rewards. They then depart from Kuroki's dungeon.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; August 28th, 2014 at 10:02.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Rinialrah finally closed her book, deciding that perhaps... she should step away from Kuroki's dungeon for the time being. The land is quiet enough from what she's seen, much to Rinialrah's liking, but that only means she does not quite belong here. Instead, she would much rather move towards the sounds of chaos in order to quell them and return peace and order to all lands. Red Crystal Islands doesn't seem to be that chaotic place right now.

Rinialrah departs from the Library and enters Kuroki's Heart Chamber. With a quiet voice, she speaks, "Keeper Kuroki, I wish to leave the dungeon. I mean no offense, but I wish to go to other lands where chaos rules so that I may help restore that balance. If chaos springs up here and you cannot quell it on your own, then I promise that I'll return." With that, the Temptress heads towards the Portal and, without hesitation, takes a leap forward into the darkness.

A DARK ELF HAS LEFT YOUR DUNGEON. THAT'S ANOTHER, MUST SUCK TO BE YOU RIGHT NOW.

Rinialrah
    Experience: 0/15
    Equipment: Spear, Crossbow, Quiver (20/20 Broadhead Arrows)
    Summery:
    Rinialrah left.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!