Thread: Doors disappearing

Default Doors disappearing

I came here to post the question as to why my doors seem to disappear from my dungeon after some time. Initially I noticed it was always wooden doors, but then occasionally with braced doors too. I thought maybe it was a 'feature' of sorts where wooden doors could rot after a certain amount of time, but it seemed inconsistent.

After searching this forum, I saw a post about training room doors taking damage. Is this so, and is it intentional?

Edit: I just re-added a wooden door to my training room there to see it first hand. A Giant was training and then out of nowhere, he walked over to the door, hit it, it broke, then he walked back to where he was to resume his training. Do creatures destroy doors out of spite? That's hilarious.
    Last edited by Gwame; August 21st, 2016 at 22:21.

Default Re: Doors disappearing

All doors will eventually 'disappear' from your training rooms when they are in use. Creatures in the training room hit stuff, including the walls and doors, and eventually this damage adds up enough to destroy the doors.

And no, this is not intentional. See this issue. Maybe it's a happy accident though, as it does add some flavor. Better doors last longer on your training rooms, magic doors will still be alive when all your creatures are done training.

Default Re: Doors disappearing

I did read that thread - very useful!

Interesting that their damage will affect the doors but not other creatures.