Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quest for Fruity Goodness

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

Default The Quest for Fruity Goodness

It's out on official map downloads! You may no longer use this thread to download them anymore!

Rex Edit:
    Download Link: Main Campaign - Expansion Pack

EDIT #6: Major Update! Both campaigns now work with 1.3 so people who have that version can play this now. Also fixed the fly-by sequences for when you lose.
    End Rex Edit

NOTICE: Don't take this campaign seriously. It's meant to be silly.

Well, I managed to complete my first ever campaign for this game. It features 10 levels along with new mini-map colors for the players. Story is simple: You must find the portal to the Land of Fruity Goodness filled with all the fruit your heart desires. However, the evil Sour Empire and the Keepers of Salt block your path. You and your ally must bypass them all to be able to reach the portal.

Here's a short description of each level:

===================================

01. Sweet Beginnings

You find yourself in the outskirts of the empire. Lord Pungent guards the first piece to the portal.

Difficulty: Easy

02. Melon Meets Vanna

You arrive to meet up with your friend Vanna who also wants to go to the land of fruits as well. However, Lord Rancid and his army guard the second piece of the portal and block your way.

03. Getting Juiced Up

You arrive at Lord Bitter's doorstep to the mainland. His army and sentries guard the third piece of the portal.

04. Things Turn Salty

You finally make it to the mainland; but you are not alone. Keeper Sodalite (named after a real-life mineral) who is one half of the Keepers of Salt has already wiped out Lord Tart's forces and has claimed the fourth piece for himself.

Difficulty: Easy - Medium

TIP: There's a way up to your enemy's dungeon through a narrow strip of dirt on the left side of the map.

05. Soda's Salty Sister

After you pushed Soda back (you didn't kill him), his sister Sylvine (another keeper named after a real-life mineral) took word of his defeat and prepared her dungeon for when you came. Little did she know that your friend has also installed herself on the other side of the river where you will meet up. What makes it more harder for Sylvine is the fact that after she claimed this land's portal piece; forces have started to launch an assault on her and anyone else who gets in the way.

Difficulty: Medium

06. The Siblings Unite

Well well, look what we have here. After you beaten Sylvine and pushed her back as well, she managed to meet up with her brother to form an alliance against you. Her brother already claimed the sixth piece of the portal from this land's lord.

Difficulty: Medium

07. A Purplish Feeling

While he calls himself a member of the Keepers of Salt, Keeper Purpurite has no relation of any kind from the other two you faced. Although, he has successfully managed to claim the seventh piece of the portal from this land but, remaining forces from the lord's army still intervene.

Difficulty: Medium - Hard

08. Full On Melon War

You're almost there. Lord Foul has gotten word from the king about the progress you have been doing and decided to install a fortress to guard the eighth piece of the portal from you.

09. Prove Your Fruity Goodness

You come across an ultimatum from the king: "If you participate in a fatal-4-way against three rival keepers of my choosing, you may live. If you refuse, you will perish along with the others." Little does he know that one of your supposed rivals is your friend.

TIP: You have 30 minutes to construct a dungeon and attract as many forces as you can. Once the timer reaches zero; the battle begins. Do not rush!

10. Fruity Lands Ahead

The king is upset that the fatal-4-way screwed him over when Vanna was actually helping you win. So now he vows to slay you both for it. His sons have his back and will die to protect him and the last piece of the portal.

Difficulty: Hard

===================================

EDIT: Screenshots added and fixed a map bug that I overlooked. To anyone who has downloaded it before the fix; please download again.

EDIT #2: Added a self-extracting archive to the downloads for people who don't know how to do it manually. Just save it to your Dungeon Keeper 2 folder and run it!

EDIT #3: Level gameplay critical flaw found in level 10. Please download again.

EDIT #3.5: Fixed hero gate collapsing and added horny spell to level 10. Download again.

EDIT #4: Fixed sentry traps and barricades on level 8 so they are the actual hero equivalent. Also, expansion pack is added.

EDIT #5: Level 7 is fixed so that the giants won't rush and kill Purprite as quickly as before. Still need to kill him before they do however.

EDIT #6: Major Update! Both campaigns now work with 1.3 so people who have that version can play this now. Also fixed the fly-by sequences for when you lose.

EDIT #6.5: Two of the main campaign maps refused to load even though I converted them. So, I redid the conversions again and they work now.
    Last edited by impboy4; May 29th, 2017 at 08:04. Reason: Re-added download link for convenience

Default Re: The Quest for Fruity Goodness

oh looky, something that I must play. now I just have to get my dk2 working again

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

So what version is this compatable with? Was it tested with vanilla DK2 stats or... GIM's 'balance' stats?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

It works with 1.7 and the GiM patch. Sorry 1.3 users. :|

cant get the 1.3 to 1.7 updater to work, that means I cant play this unfortunately

Gamer IDs

If you're using the cracked 1.3 version then patches wont work. You need the CD version of it to patch or buy the GOG.com version which is already 1.7.

i have the vanilla 1.3 cd dk2

Gamer IDs

Then the 1.3 to 1.7 patch should work. Not unless you're doing it wrong.

lmao i dont think thats a possibility, a monkey could do it right

Tell us then, why won't it work for you?