Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chub Toad

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

Default Re: Chub Toad

I really like this creature too! I think it fits nicely into the current pool of creatures, without falling into the demon nor insect catagory.

Maybe they could also be easier attracted if water is nearby - and perhaps harder if there's lava in your dungeon.

The fwogy should have other uses than fighting to balance out his annoyance with usefulness

Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post
    I like the sound of the tongue attack and the devour ability but other than that, it doesn't really have much appeal. It sounds like a less useful version of the Bile Demon to me. I doubt I'd want to recruit and pay a creature that flat out refuses to do any jobs, eats me out of house and dungeon, and threatens my other creatures if it's food demands are not met.

Sounds like it'd be more of an annoyance than anything else. Personally I'd choose to recruit Bile Demons over these.
    haha good point, but that is mostly the point of this creature as well. It's role would be a very strong unit with good abilities, but exactly as you point out; it is also a unit who creates intrigues, a lot more unit management, and of course a bit of annoyance.. but by rights it would pay off anyway

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    The fwogy should have other uses than fighting to balance out his annoyance with usefulness
    If you have any idead, just pop 'em up
    Yeah, I was thinking of that too, in my mind the idea is that it should be both a strong scouting/fighter unit.
    It's a amphibious creature, so it would likely move/swim a lot more faster on/in water, some kind of submerge ability where it can ambush enemies or just stay hidden maybe

If Hapuga's lake idea gets accepted- the fwogy can terrorize enemy boats/bridges
    Last edited by natchoguy; December 1st, 2009 at 21:28.

very evil throwing my prisoners into a toad pit to entertain my creature.
    (note): a toad pit would be a combat pit with a toad inside
    Last edited by ragegun; October 12th, 2010 at 15:25.

Not sure about Devour. An alternate idea for Devour could be like a crowd control that also damages the target. Taking them out of action for a short time while the victims comrades are being dealt with, while damaging him. The creature would be spat back out afterwards unless it lost the last of its hitpoints while inside the Toad. The main melee attack should be the horn, since a lot of Toads dont have teeth to bite with, they prefer to crush their victims in their mouth. The "everything near the toad is at risk" thing should go. Nobody wants a creature that isnt a Horned Reaper around that is a health risk to the whole dungeon. They could hate Spiders and Flies, and they likewise.

Other than those things, I quite like the idea.

I think we should call it a BULL FROG.

Shame this got placed here