Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Story

Default The Story

If anyone has an idea for the plot put it here...

Ideas so far:
    If I missed anyone out, please do tell me
    Last edited by A New Room; August 23rd, 2010 at 12:01.

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

Default Re: The Story

I thought the whole idea of having the portal gems was that it allowed creatures or keepers to reach the surface safely. They've always been able to leave through the heroes doors but not able to survive on the surface in daylight now you have it you can. Maybe the portal gem allows powerful beings like keepers or Horny to have control over the overworld.
    I read a good plot wereby after the events of DK2 horny stole all your power and made an atempt to take the overworld and when he was thwarted by the goodly forces he was driven back meanwhile you have been building up power again so that you can atempt to take the overworld for yourself now that the portal gem has given you the ability to spread further. You also have to fight against horny who is now your enemy.

ok not that I dislike the idea of Horny getting owned (I really hate having only one reaper) but the betrayal plot is kind of getting the over use in games now a days.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pablo404 PSN ID: pablo404

I agree that we should keep the story simple, maybe with a few twists and perhaps a few different endings, depending on which 'route' the player takes through the game.

Not sure if we should pick up where DK2 left off, I'd prefer it if we had our own story independent from the other two games. Someone came up with the idea that we'd just been pushed back underground at the start of DK3 and that the story would revolve around us regaining our powers and uprising. I quite liked that idea. I always imagined that the heroes would call upon some ancient god type enitity at the end of the game for an epic final battle between good and evil.

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

Isn't the avatar meant to be a god like entity. I think that you definetley should not have horny as a creature and instead have horned reapers. The storyline should probably be simple and include you regaining power but I think that it should definetley include the portal gem as an explanation of why you can go to the overworld whether it actually should follow on from DK2 I don't know. Maybe the portal gem could be something that was hidden after horny took it in DK2 and that you have to then find it in the early levels of war for the overworld. I don't like the idea of the creatures walking out and realising it's a bit too bright for them it seems a bit too dumb.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pablo404 PSN ID: pablo404

Quote Originally Posted by tehbassdemon View Post
    Isn't the avatar meant to be a god like entity.
    I guess so given the amount of health he has, but I was thinking more along the lines of something that actually looks and behaves like a god, almost the hero equivelant of a dungeon keeper but with a physical form. It's extremely cliche I know but it would look awesome

A Lot of things to keep in mind in connection to the story.

Story needs to be tightly integrated into maps
    Story needs to be integrated into World Map & Current Location
    Story has to tie into Ending Cinematic as well. (The intro - well, that must just be awesome)

texture pallet used must also be tied in with the world map (Snow/etc)

I like the different ending idea, though it would be cool if it were based more upon gameplay. Such as if the player mostly converts heroes to their cause there are a few evil looking heroes in the outro, or if they have killed a lot of heroes, then there are some heroes being beheaded in the background. some thing along those lines.

well if this can be something different from what happend in dk2,i will like something like

years has pass since the fall of the last keeper,in a little tow heroes celebrate the aniversary of the destruction of evil,dwarves drinking with a giant,samurai talking with a fairy,all its fun and joy
    Until a sound that hasnt been hear in years appeard.firts only the dwarves hear it,they know that sounds,they want to tell everyone but they are shock by the sound ,he hadnt heard in years.
    sudendly the floor where a knight was standing fall,everyone look at it,shoked, but then they all calm when they see him comming out , laughting
    ,everyone happy continue partying and theN FOR THE WINDOWS OF ALL THE PLACE CREATURES COMES DESTROYING THEM ,THE HEROES ARE SHOCK ,A DWARVE OPEN THE DOOR AND SEE ALL THE TOWN ON FIRE AND THEN IS KILLED

STUPID HEROES DIDNT LOOK DEEP ENOUGH ,THERE IS ONE MORE KEEPER ,AND BECAUSE OF THIS MISTAKE ,ALL THE OVERWORLD WILL PAY

pd:i didnt especify which creature do what because we still dont know what creature will be able to go overworld

If we follow DK2, are you the same keeper then? or are you a 'rebel' keeper, fighting against the 'big' keeper, gaining power, portal gems and then finally raiding the surface?