Level 8: Whirlwind
    Level 10: Ice Barrage

Skill explanation:
    Level 1 Attack: Attacks the target physicaly
    Level 2 Sight: Sees invisible Creatures
    Level 4 Slow: Halves the moving and attack speed of a target
    Level 4 Disruption: Shoots out a dark projectile to enemies
    Level 5 Freeze: Freezes an enemy on spot
    Level 8 Whirlwind: Blows all but the most heaviest Creatures away.
    Level 10 Ice Barrage: here

-Poisen immunity

Special ability:
    When reaching their hitpoints to zero, Archliches slowly fade away and leaves the infamous Phylactery item behind as the Archlich corpse. However, Archliches can regenerate if the Phylactery stays intact, making them more difficult to permantely be killed off. The Phylactery cannot be picked by the Dungeon Keeper, but it can be carried by Imps to the Archlich' lair to ensure a safe generation. The Phylactery's health is dependent on the Archlich level. Archliches that regenerate do not suffer a level penalty, unlike Vampires. The Phylactery is 10% of the Archlich's maximum health, and takes lesser priority to attack.

Information:
    These vicious undead kings are the nightmare of any living creature, being feared fighters and powerful spellcasters. They are best deployed alongside other undead.

The origin of Archliches remain unknown. But some scholars claim that some warlocks and sorcerers finally achieved the answer to their mad quest for immortality. These wicked spellcasters used their new-found knowlegde to transform into all-powerfull Archliches. However, they did not know this transformation is a one-way trip, thus they are doomed to be trapped in their undead bodies for eternity, unable to feel or taste the pleasures of life ever again.

Behavior in Dungeon:
    Archliches can get along with most creatures. Like vampires (in DK1) but even more so to the point of loathing, they will become angry when in a temple, but they seem to specificly look for temples and tear them down! Archlich also hate each other because of their royal status, meaning that if there are multiple ones in a single dungeon they may fight each other, and this is not limited to the lair only! The more Archliches, the likehood of infighting between them increases.

Battle Style: Blitzer

Jobs:
    The Archlich will only persue researching as a job automatically, other jobs have to be assigned. Archliches refuse to do manafacturing and/or guard duty and will become angry when you try to force them!

Obtainable By:
    Archliches are almost exclusively summoned from the temples (iconicly, because they will seek out and destroy temples). They require atleast the sacrfice of a warlock, an undead unit, and the disease spell.

Hates: Temples, other Archliches

Loves: Undead, killing enemies

Anger reaction:
    • Persuade: The Archlich convinces other Creatures to lay down their work and follow the Archlich
    • Kill Creatures: The Archlich attacks and fight with other Creatures to the death

Lair: A casket

Appearance:
    Archliches are huge skeletal beings armed with a sword and protected by chainmail. See pictures for references.

Pictures!

Okay I got a little inspired by the King of the Dead in the LOTR.

WftO:

Spoiler

Made by Josh Storment
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; June 17th, 2011 at 20:46. Reason: Updating

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Default Re: Lich

oh my god... THANKS... THAAAANKS SOO MUCH!!!! i was planing on posting this a long time ago... because Liches are just too awesome to skip... but felt that it was out of place because there was a undead spellcaster sorta (Vampire)

One thing i should add to the Lich... spells... since mostly liches are undead wizard that desperatly seek for eternal life...

my contribution:
    http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20...y_UdonCrew.jpg
    Last edited by Dark_Omega MK2; December 1st, 2009 at 20:41.

Awesome!
    It somewhat seems to be very similar to the Dark Angel though, in class, stats, abilities etc. But if I had to choose between those two I would chose the lich.

Also it seems to be a quite powerful unit, but they should not be too easy to attract either. Maybe some harder requirements? I mean, you build a graveyard anyway for vampires, and then suddenly you have the opportunity to get two kinds of high level creatures at the same time very fast. Imo, it would get more fun with this kind of continuous goals.

Anyway, a very interesting idea, work on the details and I think this will be a good competitior for eventually new units.

Angel is more of a melee still, ChuckNorrissing his enemies at HtH. Lich is basically another mage class.

Immediately - Lich for the Keeper, Necromancer - for the goodies.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Imp

It would be cool if he had like a freeze spell at level 8 that slows an enemies attack and movement speed for like 3-7 seconds, dealing low-medium damage.

Mistress has it
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Imp

Oh, right. Maybe some other undead/death style spell then? Like Bone Prison which creates a small prison of bone for a short period of time dealing no damage, but the targeted creature cant move.

Maybe... Liches can seal the magical power (temporaly of course) of one alive spellcaster

oh my god... THANKS... THAAAANKS SOO MUCH!!!! i was planing on posting this a long time ago... because Liches are just too awesome to skip... but felt that it was out of place because there was a undead spellcaster sorta (Vampire)

One thing i should add to the Lich... spells... since mostly liches are undead wizard that desperatly seek for eternal life...

my contribution:
    http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20...y_UdonCrew.jpg
    As far I know, Liches are nearly always power hungry spellcasters looking for eternal life, mainly looking at Warcraft and HMM3 and HMM5. So I wanted to give them a different style, though they retain some of their orginal magic skills they are deadily melee units. They are on the top of the (undead) food chain if I might add.

Oh by the way, you're welcome!

Awesome!
    It somewhat seems to be very similar to the Dark Angel though, in class, stats, abilities etc. But if I had to choose between those two I would chose the lich.

Also it seems to be a quite powerful unit, but they should not be too easy to attract either. Maybe some harder requirements? I mean, you build a graveyard anyway for vampires, and then suddenly you have the opportunity to get two kinds of high level creatures at the same time very fast. Imo, it would get more fun with this kind of continuous goals.

Anyway, a very interesting idea, work on the details and I think this will be a good competitior for eventually new units.
    Yea I figured out it would look somewhat similair to the Dark Angel, however, it has it drawbacks unlike the Dark Angel (save the costs to build a temple?). Not the least to say the Lich works at best in combination with other undead units, who are already diffcult, at best, to get your hands on. But I think the Lich pretty balanced on how the it is, except for the attraction part.

I agree on you with that part, it might be a little too easy. But if the attraction options do not increase it will be difficult to think of some fitting requirements.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    They are on the top of the (undead) food chain if I might add.
    Wrong... Dracoliches are on the top of the food chain

http://www.snotling.org/modules/Mini...onqueen/31.jpg
    http://www.fredhooper.com/graphics/g...acolich_72.jpg

Ill give you my D&D (not so useful but still) suggestions soo it might (or not) improve your idea

i TOTALLY like liches
    Last edited by Dark_Omega MK2; December 1st, 2009 at 22:14.