Scavenger Cost: Moderate
    Torture Training: Moderate
    Wage: Moderate
    Gold Held: Moderate
    Unit Type: Creature

Skills

Level 1: Melee
    Level 10: Power Self

Power Self* Increases Strength by 15% for 9 seconds. 34 Second Recharge.

Special Abilities:
    Stupidity
    The Ogre is immune to Fear Attacks because they're too stupid to know what they're supposed to do.

Information

Author's Note
    The Ogre is an older Suggestion of mine that I decided to revise. I'm actually not sure where I was going with the original, but the newer variation is going to be a counterpart to the Giant in that he's a heavy hitter. He also will fit in well with the Trolls and Orcs.

About the Orge
    The Ogre is a Creature that is mighty in both size and strength. These powerful brutes are the stupid cousins of both Trolls and Orcs. Ogres live under rocks and don't like to come out too often. It is because of this that the Ogre appeared very late to aid the Dungeon Keepers. Long ago when the Creatures were sealed deep under the Earth, Ogres went under rocks and remained there for much of their time. Because of this, the news of the Dungeon Keepers' arrival never reached the ears of the Ogre and so they never bothered to come out.

Eventually, because of a Troll that was searching for materials and happened to look under the Ogre's "house", did word reach the Ogre that they could come out of the Portals to fight the Heroes. The Ogre stepped out from under his rocks, informed the other Ogres, and climbed up the Portal into the Dungeon Keeper's domain. And thus, the Ogre joined the Dungeon Keeper's forces in order to unleash his muscles of magnificence upon the Heroes who locked him and his cousins underground long ago.

Behavior in Dungeon:
    Inside of a dungeon, there isn't much for Ogres to actually do naturally, other than Training. They're just big stupid Creatures. They're unable to Research because they don't know how to read, or even what a book is for that matter. While they are able to go to the Temple, they don't actually Pray as they don't even understand the concept of Praying or know of any Dark God. They also cannot be trusted in a Tavern, which they luckily don't go to naturally, because they'd start breaking things once set in a drunken rage.

Ogres can still Guard, however. The concept of Guarding is partially in their nature because of their loyal Orc cousins, and so even they can understand it. Orges can also do fairly well in the Workshop, thanks to their Troll cousins. They still struggle a bit because of their large hands, thus reducing their Manufacturing abilities.

Ogres get along best with Trolls and Orcs, being that they all come from the same Family Tree. They also get along well with all other Creatures since they fight for the same cause as he. While Ogres don't like Heroes very much, they only don't like them when they're against them. Once Heroes convert, they fight for the same cause as an Ogre, and thus the Ogre forgets all about how the converted Hero aided other Heroes previously, mostly due to the fact that they have a pathetically short memory.

Ogres, as difficult as they are when it comes to stopping them from breaking something in the Tavern or doing something stupid, they're actually incredibly easy to keep happy. They're very simple Creatures, and as such, are pleased by the simplest of things. A little bit of Sleep, Food, and Pay (Just remember to inform him that the Gold isn't for eating, nor should it be put in his nose) is enough to keep him satisfied. He'll even gain in happiness by passing by his youngr and clearly more intelligent cousins.

Behavior Outside of Dungeon:
    The only time Ogres are found outside of the dungeon is when they're Neutrals. They aren't found as Hostiles because that would go against their Troll and Orc cousins. They're usually found sitting inside small rooms of dirtpath.

Behavior in Battle:
    Heavy Hitter Unit
    The Ogre's role in battle is very similar to the Giant's. He belongs at the front of the battle, not to Tank but rather to smack the enemy's Tanks. Their powerful offense allows them to tear through any Creature's defense, but they're terrible at chasing after Ranged Units due to their slow speed.

Strengths:
    • Very Effective against Melee Units
    • Helpful in the Workshop
    • Very Easy to Maintain

Weaknesses:
    • Vulnerable against Ranged Units
    • Can be Defeated Easily in Large Chaotic Battles
    • Not Very Good at Most Dungeon Activity

Jobs:
    The Ogre's normal job is to Train. They cannot Research, and while they will go to the Temple, they don't gain much happiness there.

When angry, the Ogre will Attack Creatures. He'll attack the first Ally Creature he sees, but will not attack a Troll or Orc.

Lair and Food:
    The Ogre's Lair is a large rock. When he goes to sleep, he will pick up the rock, put it on his head, and sit down on his Lair spot before going to sleep. He takes up two Lair spaces and has no Lair Enemies.

The Ogre gets hungry a little more often than the average Creature. Once in the Hatchery, he will gulp down three chickens.

Loves:
    Trolls
    Orcs
    Smashing Heroes
    The Simple Things of Life (Including Smashing Heroes)

Hates:
    Heroes

Character Appearance:
    A sketch of what the Ogre would look like, drawn by MarThing.

Spell Effects:
    Power Self
    The Caster will glow red while the spell is still taking effect. They will glow brighter and brighter very quickly then reach a peak of brightness, and dim down to the original brightness afterwards. Then it repeats.

How Introduced:
    Creature, Early-Mid Game

Obtainable By:
    Portal, Converting, Torture Chamber, or found as a Neutral.

Attraction:
    1 Guard Post

Ogres can usually be found sitting inside small rooms of dirtpath.

Sacrifice Combination: Troll + Orc
    Hero Sacrifice Combination: Giant + Barbarian

Entrance Effect
    The Ogre climbs up the Portal Walls with a rock on his head. He steps onto the Dungeon ground, then looks around curiously and confusedly. While looking around, the rock falls off of his head and down the Entrance Portal.

Torture:
    The Ogre is being hit in the head with his club.

Stat Value Order (1/10 kinda thing)

Crap
    Extremely Low
    Very Low
    Low
    Below Average
    Moderate
    Above Average
    High
    Very High
    Extremely High
    Extraoridnarily High
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; June 20th, 2011 at 11:15.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Golem

I don't really think "golem" fits it but yeah- you can't give it another name plus I don't like the fact that it is similar to trolls

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

What do you mean Golem doesn't fit? You mean the stats don't fit for a Golem or you don't like the name Golem?

Orcs are nearly exactly the same as Barbarians, shall we take them out? I picked Golem because I felt the Golem could be another unit that goes around the Troll/Orc family, but I made sure his stats weren't the same as either of the two. I liked the idea of having an additional Troll-like character, but only being part of the family, not being truly similar. It is a lie that the Troll and Orc are the same, yet definitively related. I wanted to create a relation like that.

Golems have a similar if not higher health than Orc. They have a similar melee damage. Golem has slightly less armor, and isn't as fast as the Orc. BUT here is where he changes, his accuracy (dexterity) and defense (dodging) are much higher than the Orc. He is about as loyal as the Orc, but demands higher pay and is more unreasonable as well as being better at striking the enemy. He is also much scarier too.

Simply being too similar to the Troll isn't very helpful advise, similar where? His manufacturing abilities? They're just below Bile Demon/Orc level. Fighting abilities? It would take a level 4+ troll to win against a Golem, probably higher. And he doesn't drink (Like how we all believe trolls do) but is more stupid loyal than either both the Orc and Troll (Troll I don't really see as loyal).

----------------------------

In case you don't want to read that... to put it simply.

Troll: Best manufacturer, horrible fighter. Drinker and quite an ass.
    Orc: Pretty good manufacturer, a very loyal and average soldier unit, not too bright, always on guard if not training for battle.
    Golem: Average manufacturer, he never drinks so he can guard and is stupider than the Orc yet loyal and has a bad temper, but not as bad as Horny. He is very skilled in battle.

I see similarities but nothing great enough to take him out.

Tesonu is napping!

I read all but the name doesn't fit and it's best to have different creatures rather than similar ones, maybe if it wasn't a part of the troll family and different appearance then it would be OK but too much similarities is not really a good thing.

Explain, and the Orc is about as similar to the Troll as the Golem, I don't see your point in why we should take out the Golem if we have the Orc in, the Golem I was thinking of a Giant with health, and Barbarian with dexterity and defense, only taking those stats a bit higher (For both).

Tesonu is napping!

I could see it working, but two things need to be changed IMHO:

1. As mentioned earlier, the name. When I read Golem, I think of a magically created beast, of mud/stone/wood/whatever, not something similiar to a troll or an orc. How about an Ogre? Just a suggestion :P

2. The weapon doesn't really fit. A machete doesn't really fit the brutal and simple beast you're trying to create. A mace, club or even a morning star would suit it better, IMHO. If you want, you can give it a sledge hammer, just like the one that trolls/orcs have

Quote Originally Posted by Mastadi View Post
    1. As mentioned earlier, the name. When I read Golem, I think of a magically created beast, of mud/stone/wood/whatever, not something similiar to a troll or an orc. How about an Ogre? Just a suggestion :P
    Ah Ogre! That's what I was looking for! Can one of the Forum mods switch the title name please?

Duke Ragereaver Edit: Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastadi View Post
    2. The weapon doesn't really fit. A machete doesn't really fit the brutal and simple beast you're trying to create. A mace, club or even a morning star would suit it better, IMHO. If you want, you can give it a sledge hammer, just like the one that trolls/orcs have
    Well, Orcs use Sledge Hammers. Trolls use Morning Stars. Perhaps a simple club? I'll change it.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; December 10th, 2009 at 20:54.

Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Ogre

Seems like the Ogre is an Orc that is tweaked, only sightly though.

For the weapon, what about a large halberd instead?

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

GO GOLEM YAY

(the best part is how everyone say "i have been teach that golem are magically create creatures so your idea its unreal and innaceptable because
    its against what have been written in my mind by every popular rpg game and fantays medieval story )

but i think he shouldnt have manufactures abilitys,he should be a fighter and only interest on fighting ,training ,combat pi.(its to make it more different than the troll and orc)

besides,golem are supouse to be guardians,well this could be a guardian,only that heroes will discover that he is a little different from what they fantasy stories say

pd:i have to stop writting fast .D,i edit this like 4 times,maeby if just read firts before posting
    Last edited by reybag; December 10th, 2009 at 21:12.

I like the club, but the halberd looks nice. The club so he doesn't deal as much damage. I modified him to have more health, less damage, and more speed/defense. His workshop abilities are less than Orc/Bile Demon, which means value is 2 and not 3. That is the same as the Barbarian.

Since when the hell do Trolls manufacture anyways? I mention that because I think DK tried out some original concepts. DK2 screwed the Troll up. Because now giants can do much better than Trolls. Trolls are supposed to be nothing but manufacturers. It is like saying Bile Demons all of a sudden know how to read and speak in complete sentences! I was trying something new with the Golem, that's why.

Tesonu is napping!