Thread: Where all the tentacles at?

Default Where all the tentacles at?

Anyone else think tentacles could feature a little more throughout the game? I know they're supposed to be unique, quirky and mysterious (probably the reason they're my favourite creature), and I like they're only available to the keeper on the closing levels of the main game, but after playing through most of the Deeper Dungeon levels I was a little disappointed by their lack of presence. The only DD level I can think of that contains them is Svatona, but even then they're hostile and the prison is unavailable, so you can't convert them. The other supposedly rare and unique creatures, such as vampires and hornies, seem to be employed much more extensively.
    If I can successfully get the Editor working with KeeperFX it's a problem I'm hoping to rectify myself

Can anyone else think of any other DD levels where you can find them and, more importantly, attract/convert them?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Where all the tentacles at?

are considered to be bonus creatures as they're not very strong. You can get better creatures from the portal instead of the tentacles, but they can be good unaligned minions. I could put some unaligned tentacles in some levels, but the player shouldn't be helped too much.

Other than that, you can attract tentacles on Batezek, Benetzaron and Belial.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Indeed I recognize they're not the strongest of creatures As I said, I just have a soft spot for them.

Ooh really - from the portal? How does one go about doing that?

Just build a Temple and Lair (9 tiles each), and they'll get attracted like normal just like any other creature. You can also get them this way in levels 16, 17 and 18 of the original campaign.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

And if they still don't come up, that's because you reached your max limit of creatures. Sack some minions to free some spaces.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

I didn't know they were attracted by lair + temple, thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    And if they still don't come up, that's because you reached your max limit of creatures. Sack some minions to free some spaces.
    Aye, been using that trick too

Was recently playing the DD level with the hero castle in the middle and enemy keeper in the southwest corner, forget its name. Might be Svatona. You don't seem to be able to pull many creatures through the portal, and instead claim the neutral graveyard to the east and bulk out your ranks with vampires. Later in the game I come across a large expanse of water with maybe six or seven enemy level 8 tentacles. If I had the editor working I'd quite like to try an alternate run of that level where you can capture and convert these instead of using the graveyard. Really fun level, either way