Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Easter Eggs

Default Easter Eggs

Easter Eggs

Full Moon
    On every full moon, you will receive funny rhymes when you run the game, and a hidden level is activated. The date is based on your CPU clock, of course, which you can change by double-clicking the time on the bottom-right of your task bar.

Torture Screen
    If you complete a level with the Lord of the Land being imprisoned while you hear "You have conquered this realm", you will be taken to a special screen...

Wishing Well
    Try sacrificing some gold in the temple.

Greets I
    Press and hold down Left-Shift, type FECKOF or SKEKSIS. You will receive some greetings from the programmers. These will run until you release Left-Shift.

Greets II
    Start the game with the command parameter -alex. While playing, press and hold down both Shift keys and type JLW. You will hear a sound each time you type the letters.

Hidden message
    To get the hidden message from Jonty Barnes in the game, you must have the Hatchery, the Temple and the Chicken spell. First, sacrifice more than 16 chickens into the Temple pool, then point your mouse cursor over the Chicken spell icon to show its bubble... and read.

Birthday wishes
    On the following dates you will see a message saying Happy Birthday to a member of the Dungeon Keeper team :

January 13: Mark Healey
    March 21: Jonty Barnes
    May 3: Simon Carter
    May 5: Peter Molyneux
    November 13: Alex Peters
    December 1: Dene Carter

Harass your enemies
    To send harassments, press ALT + F1 to F8 keys.

If you know of any others post here and I'll add them to the list.
    Post edited by DragonsLover
    Last edited by DragonsLover; February 2nd, 2012 at 19:48.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Easter Eggs

Mefistotelis and I have finally found the Easter Egg involving Jonty's message with the Chicken spell. Just read above to make it happen.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Lolz, I am so trying that.

By the way, weren't there some messages like "Your creatures have a craving for chocolate" or something? How are those achieved?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Well, the only thing I know about that is : to hear such funny speech, a Keeper (you or any of the enemy) must have X times more creatures than the number of built rooms and wait for the next payday. Sometimes, it doesn't work. Only Mefisto could be precise if he gets the code.

They should have put more easter eggs in the game because it is a humorus evil game.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrician View Post
    Torture Screen
    If you complete a level with the Lord of the Land being tortured, you are taken to a special screen...
    It's not exactly like this. You are taken to the "Torture tower" screen only if a knight is IMPRISONED when the victory is decided.

So:
    - The first knight on a level have to be imprisoned (any knight in KeeperFX)
    - You must win the level (hear "You have conquered this realm") while he is imprisoned
    - Note that it's not important if he's imprisoned or not when you press space at end. The important moment is when you hear "You have conquered..".

Torturing him may work too - I'm not completely sure.

And which knight in "first knight on a level"?
    It's hard to say. Original DK assumed that there will never be more than one knight per level. This is fixed in KeeperFX - all knight are checked there.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; November 22nd, 2009 at 17:23.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

I've tried to sacrifice money in the Temple, but I cannot see anything happening - what do you actually gain by doing that?

a funny quote.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    It's not exactly like this. You are taken to the "Torture tower" screen only if a knight is IMPRISONED when the victory is decided.

So:
    - The first knight on a level have to be imprisoned (any knight in KeeperFX)
    - You must win the level (hear "You have conquered this realm") while he is imprisoned
    - Note that it's not important if he's imprisoned or not when you press space at end. The important moment is when you hear "You have conquered..".

Torturing him may work too - I'm not completely sure.

And which knight in "first knight on a level"?
    It's hard to say. Original DK assumed that there will never be more than one knight per level. This is fixed in KeeperFX - all knight are checked there.
    Interesting. Because, as you may probably already know, there's an unused animation sequence showing an Imp dragging the Lord of the Land out from the prison cell to bring him in the torture chamber (without sounds, unfortunately). Showing that in KeeperFX before the special torture screen (like it should be) would be so great by the way! I'm sure it's easily doable.

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Xfireisdeadlol

i remember after having the game on for about 12 hours(rarely pausing it) i'd hear something like: "isn't it time too take a nap in your keeper-bed". It was in dutch so poorly translated, but i assume its alike in English xD