Hi fellow gamers,
I am currently developing a table top prototype, based on DK2. It is in my basement. It is enough developed to be ready for web-enabling (dungeonyte dot com). I am writing in this forum to ask for new ideas, game design opinions, and maybe find a creative passionate DK2 player as a partner.
Currently, the game has 80+ different Food, Copper-Silver-Gold coins, 60 species, some Heroes to go into the dungeons. Imps dig tunnels and build rooms. Traps and Doors are installed. There are many features over a 530 page technical specification document.
I implemented MtG, Adv.Civ cards, radioactivity, spells, 300 cards of Gear. About tech tree, I am looking for new ideas. Here are some I already developed:

Architecture . Art 120
• Requirement: 6 flagged Tunnel tiles.
There are 4 types of Tunnels: #A, #B, #C, #D. A good architecture promotes alternative itineraries and diversity of paths.
When your Imp completes a connection of 2 types, like #A and #D, for 4G, you can immediately place a Fixture Door Wood (without free Panels) on the newly built Tunnel tile.
When your Imp completes a connection of 3 types, like #A, #D then #B, for 5G, you can immediately place a Fixture Door Braced (without free Panels) on the newly built Tunnel tile.
When your Imp completes a connection of 4 types, like #B, #D, #A then #C, for 6G, you can immediately place a Fixture Door Portcullis (without free Panels) on the newly built Tunnel tile.

Privacy . Fortification . 45
When you pay and flag a Room, if it has only one narrow exit (the rest being Rock), then a Wood Door, with 1 Wood Panel on each side, is automatically built-in, as close as possible to the Room, at the end of the exit Tunnel.
In the sequence “Braced Door – Wood Panels”, “Portcullis Door – Wood Panels”, “Iron Door – Iron Panels”, “Stone Door – Stone Panels”, for each below condition you satisfy, the free new Door and Panel types are upgraded:
• You own a Minotaur.
• You show now 4 IRON Merchandise cards.
• You have discovered Architecture.
• You have a total of 8+ installed Doors.
Counts 15 Discovery points towards other Fortification discoveries.

Cornering . Fortification . 25
All your Tunnel corner sub-tiles (only the centre of the tile) (a corner is 3 consecutive Walls of Rock in a "L" shape in a narrow Tunnel) grant a +1 Defence bonus to your Dungeon creatures. Cumulated with a Guard Post Fixture Trap and a Spider, who has +1 in corners, it makes for a great blocker.
Counts 15 Discovery points towards other Fortification discoveries.

Panelling . Fixture . 50
When one of your panels is destroyed, it regenerates to full health instead of downgrading, IF "Gold" on Golden Die. If you show publicly you have 1 RESIN Merchandise card, then “Silver” on Golden Die. If you show 2 RESIN, then “Copper” on Golden Die.
Counts 15 Discovery points towards other Fixture discoveries.

Runecrafting . Magic . 200
• Requirement: buy this discovery with 3+ SILVER and/or 1 IVORY.
• Requirement: 3 different species of magic-users.
All your magic using Dungeon creatures (Warlock, Witch, Sorceress, Vampire, Araqueen, Necromancer, Dark Angel, conv. Wizard /Fairy /Baroness Catherine /White Stag /Duchess Laetitia /Princess Lea /Prince Tristan /Queen Agatha) can now manufacture runestones in a Magic Circle.
Runestones are a Neck slot Gear. Like most Gear, it can change bearer, when adjacent8 to each other. Maximum one can be carried, equipped or not. Even creatures with several Neck slots (like Slime) can have only one at a time. A Runestone can be imbued with up to 10 Talent Points from its maker. The maker spends its TP to infuse them into the Runestone. For example, a Warlock with 3 TP fills a new Runestone: materialise it with a d10 showing “3/1d10”, on the bearer creature board. If without a Runestone, no d10. If indicating “0”, it means 10.
Counts 15 Discovery points towards other Magic discoveries.

Slaying . Combat . 100
All your Dungeon creatures develop a knack for killing a particular species, a +2 “To Hit” bonus (+4 pips to best battle die). Place, face-down, the name of that species, preceded with “SLAYING discovery”, over this Slaying Discovery card or in Dungeon Board.

Summoning . Magic . 80
When a dungeon creature of yours summons another creature, the summoned has +1 Life Point. Common summoned are Bats, Tentacles, Anacondas, Spiders, Ghouls, Gargoyles…

Surface Talent . Surface . 100
Talents can be used on the Surface, with some restrictions. Since there is no ceiling, no Lava, some Talents cannot work at all. Talents can only be used at night.

Sincerely,
Roger
cdnlife at lycos dot com