Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Campagne not playable, to hard.

Default Campagne not playable, to hard.

Hello everyone.

I really love KeeperFX! Lets me play DK like it should be.

But now I have hit a big snag in the FX Game.

The Map "Tickle" is unbeatable. I tried at least 23 times but the AI alwasy has double the Monsters and much more the Lv. He also is way to fast at the gems, so I cant do anything but die.

In the Original Keeper this map was not a problem. Is there a way to make it easier or am I just that bad? In the old DK I could take my time, here it is a Race which is not that much fun. If I want stress, I play Multiplayer.

Can someone prettyplease help me?

Thank you.

Default Re: Campagne not playable, to hard.

Are you sure you are talking about the level "Tickle"? That's just the 8th map of the campaign, so I doubt that's the one you're having difficulty with.

If you are, I don't know what kind of hints to give,.... the keeper on this map gets only 27 random creatures, you get up to 30 so you have the bigger army by default. Make sure they are strong creatures like bile demons and dark mistresses, not weak creatures like warlocks, insects and trolls.
    On the east of the map there are additional 7 free creatures to get, you can capture and convert the hero fairies and there are a few barbarians to convert, so you should have almost double the army. Take all the time in the world to train them, you really won't be attacked by the blue keeper. If he gets to the gems and you need the gems as well but don't want to fight yet, you can mine them from the lava-side if you bridge there.
    If he has somehow out-trained you there is a increase-level-special to the north you can use. If he is still stronger use the bridge to get into a small fight away from his dungeon - sell the bit touching his dungeon before it is claimed - to capture and convert some of his creatures.

Warlock

Remember these three creatures when you get a temple: and

Or, what helps me is capture and convert the in Wishvale, train him to level 10, transfer him and dig straight to the Blues. They won't know what hit them
    Last edited by Hades; February 3rd, 2017 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Or, what helps me is capture and convert the in Wishvale, train him to level 10, transfer him and dig straight to the Blues. They won't know what hit them
    This works on almost any level, but this stops you from 'taking your time' and enjoying the level/building your dungeon. It works especially well on this level because you can use the 7 or 8 neutral creatures on the map as well to rush your opponent. There's really no need for this on any of the campaign levels.

OK Thanks Guys, I messed the Creature Transfer up and cant get back to the previous Level, but I will try to get to the Hounds in the East and will look into converting, I forgot how this goes ^^

But the AI is WAY more faster then befor. In the Original the AI was NEVER a Problem.

It is true, in the original game enemy keepers were barely functional. Now they work a lot better. Still, on level 8 and most of the other campaign levels a 'limited' AI is used that will never go on the offensive.

The hounds and demon spawn on the east are easy to reach,... you won't face any enemies digging there. But do know all found creatures count against your portal limit. On map 8 you can attract up to 30 creatures. If you do so and then find/convert 10 more you'll end up with 40 creatures. If you first dig to find 10 creatures, the portals will give you an additional 20 until you reach 30 but no more.
    When you have 30 creatures and you drop for example a demon spawn back into the portal, you'll get a new, possibly stronger, creature in return. If you've got 31 creatures and throw one back or lose one, you'll get nothing in return.

Converting is easy:
    1. Research and build a prison
    2. Enable imprisonment by clicking on the prison icon in the first tab. Next to the 'retreat' icon that helps you save your creatures in battle.
    3. Attack enemy units, they won't die but faint.
    4. Drop imps near the fainted enemies and they will drag them to prison.
    -> Wait until they turn into skeletons or continue to step 6 to convert. Units who can cast heal will never become skeletons.
    5. Build a torture room (this will also attract dark mistresses, extremely powerful from lvl6 onward)
    6. Heal the unit in your prison you want to convert with the heal spell or with chickens
    7. Drop them in the torture room and wait until he joins you -> success
    7a. Watch carefully, because if they lose all health before joining you they will turn into the almost useless ghost. Heal them more before they die.

Some more tips for a beginner:
    • Immediately build 25 tiles of lair and 25 tiles of hatchery to get bile demons. Very powerful units when trained up just a few levels. In later levels when you can get Dragons, they just need 25 tiles of Treasure room.
    • 9 Tiles of torture room is sufficient to attract dark mistresses, be sure to always focus on research until you get this room. Once you do, build it and throw back some of your weak creatures like insects, demon spawn, trolls and warlocks to make room for the mistresses.
    • High level creatures research/work faster. Train your warlocks/dragons to lvl 4 before you assign them to do research. First levels train up quickly so this is always worth it. When you want to use traps and doors, and want to use trolls in the workshop, also train them a few levels until they get the speed spell. It is hardly ever worth it to train warlocks beyond lvl 4, as they learn all their good spells first.
    • Orcs are quite good creatures that train quickly, they just need a single tile of barracks and 9 tiles of training room to be attracted.
    • Efficient rooms work faster than less efficient rooms(Look at the rooms flags to see room health, usage and efficiency). A good training room can train creatures up to 4 times as fast as a single tile. To do so, make sure there are (reinforced) walls on all sides of the rooms and a door at the entrance. Slapping your units, using the speed spell, using the must obey spell and using your torture room all further speed up your creatures.
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 3rd, 2017 at 15:57.

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    This works on almost any level, but this stops you from 'taking your time' and enjoying the level/building your dungeon. It works especially well on this level because you can use the 7 or 8 neutral creatures on the map as well to rush your opponent. There's really no need for this on any of the campaign levels.
    My revised campaign (which survived my previous computer's failure by the grace of dropbox) was largely about negating the "Pre-Emptive Strike with a Transferred Creature" strategy (Rival keepers get large bases with some creatures or even heroes and certain routes are impeded). However, the lack of gems when it comes to fielding armies is a big problem, which is why Pre-Emptive Strike was my preferred option for this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    My revised campaign (which survived my previous computer's failure by the grace of dropbox) was largely about negating the "Pre-Emptive Strike with a Transferred Creature" strategy (Rival keepers get large bases with some creatures or even heroes and certain routes are impeded). However, the lack of gems when it comes to fielding armies is a big problem, which is why Pre-Emptive Strike was my preferred option for this level.
    But lvl 8 has gems?! 5 sides and you can bridge there without facing any enemies. Sometimes blue gets to the gems, but he will only go there by land, leaving the lava-side available for the player.

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    But lvl 8 has gems?! 5 sides and you can bridge there without facing any enemies. Sometimes blue gets to the gems, but he will only go there by land, leaving the lava-side available for the player.
    Except by the time you can get ready to face the Barbarian cave, the Blues will already have dug down there.

But you don't need to face the barbarian cave? You can use a bridge and go straight there. And like I said, even when blue takes the inside of the gems, they will never take the outside so that is always available for the player.