Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons And Keepers 21-map campaign 2017

Default Re: NEW CAMPAIGN Dungeons And Keepers 21-map campaign 2017

This was one of my first maps I made long time ago and I almost forgot: there are no "free" libraries however you cam make one: the 3x3 can produce 3 or 4 empty spots if you sell it at right places. It's a late level and player that got here surely knows to play cunningly. It's ineffective, unrequired, but possible to research in this level. Never bothered to while testing though.
    Last edited by kix; March 11th, 2017 at 18:25.

I'm not sure it is,... the lair and garden research very quickly and help you create a bigger army. Graveyard is also available for research, which is effective in a map with limitless enemies. And 5 enemy samurai and a knight every 90 seconds is a bit much for my 3 samurai(I lost one) and single knight to survive and heal from within the time frame.

EDIT: the guardpost is not producing anything, but indeed the 3x3 library could be used to research the rooms. I like that since now my skeletons sleep next to where one of the parties spawn. The vampires at level one are pretty useless though, and I don't know yet how to push on, killing 5 hero parties every 90 seconds is a lot, and I still have o make progress. I liked the level until this point, but right now I find it a bit frustrating.

I did notice you configured a moon-level in your campaign file, but did not actually make a moon-level.
    Last edited by YourMaster; March 11th, 2017 at 19:22.

I'll describe the way I played it maybe you can use one or two hints:
    -level the knight to lvl 10 in a few seconds the same way as you: using rebound and the wizards
    -make sure you walk on the barrack rooms. The blue helps a little
    -you've got 2 boulders available: if you release a huge party like the 4 knights let the boulder do its job
    -i build treasure rooms under big piles of gold this way I have around 20k
    -you can find lighting bolt and chicken? in the room west to your dungeon heart
    -and also one steal hero special which you can use to summon a lvl 10 horny - huge help
    -i train my samurais on the avatar so they can all freeze
    -you can find one orc and one ressurect creature in the pillar maze - the ressurect can be used to revive the samurai that died in the farther prison
    -the scavenger room is ineffective, as its not complete and to build a big hatchery you have to break through the southern door, but can scavenge 2 more samurais (possibly hornies and vampires)
    -i slap and haste my knight often, especially at the guard posts witch archers
    -i keep my imps behind the lava so they dont get themselvs killed
    -2 more steal heroes near the farther prisons = 2 more hornies
    -careful as the fortress near tentacles have boulder traps
    -you find one more boulder trap, however carrying it all the way to workshop is quite a challenge
    -break through to dungeon heart for 1 more steal hero but dont destroy it as it will release 10+ hornies from the southern rooms, clear them first
    -destroying the dungeon heart stops the waves

Hope at least one hint helps. I'll remove the moon config.

I've got the lightning and chicken spell, and plenty of gold. I've made more treasure rooms that are filled up. I still got lvl10 imps and a few lvl 1 imps. I loaded a save from before I lost a samurai and resurrected one from the prison to have 5 samurai again. I used the increase level specials early on to get through the early waves, so my samurai are also lvl 9/10. I've got an Orc but that hardly matters against the samurai+knight or vampire+samurai party.
    The steal hero special gave me a Witch,... and even that with a bit of save game abuse, not a reaper.
    I only found one boulder trap and used that to break a blue guard post. I though I would get something nice, but it was just the blue dungeon heart, and I've looked but do not see an advantage in killing him. I do have all 3 blue barracks spawning creatures for me.

Where I struggle is that I don't have time to do anything,... the 5 parties spawn every 90 seconds and my creatures can just about kill them all without dying if I pay close attention, but then the time is up and it starts anew. I can't get past all the archers in the center on the guard posts,... I want to possess my knight with rebound, but the time that would take away from managing the upcoming parties would kill my other creatures. I want to kill the heart, but that is too far away.

Warlock

Level 1 is virtually impossible. I mean, without a Training room and stable revenue, how the hell am I supposed to beat the hero waves, when my vampires will just desert?

Just replayed lvl 18 - Currents.
    Had:

5 parties spawn frequently, but 2 of them are so low level that blue tends to wipe them out. Other 3 go down in about 15 seconds. Thats 45 seconds to push. The party with lvl 7 samurais is difficult but i always drop knights between them so they don't range me - this way they do little damage.

Got 1 more samurai from steal hero near the guard posts. Didn't take the other one. Pushed to dungeon heart but let the blue fight the tentacles. Defeating the 2 avatars I released was easy with 6 and got to dungeon heart but didn't destroy it, just used hero special once that summoned 1 more horny. Cleared the rooms with reapers, destroyed heart, waves stopped coming, eliminated all heroes and won.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Level 1 is virtually impossible. I mean, without a Training room and stable revenue, how the hell am I supposed to beat the hero waves, when my vampires will just desert?
    Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster
    the creatures I got were enough to push through the enemy heart simple enough
    The CTA with 15+ wizards make solid damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    I did not have any vampire dessert. You've got to push on a bit so you don't run out of gold. The first few levels of this campaign I found relatively easy, especially compared to some of the later ones.

Quote Originally Posted by kix View Post
    Just replayed lvl 18 - Currents.
    Could very well be that you're just better then me at this. I like the dungeon-building maps. Perhaps I'll try again later, because I tried again yesterday without success and have had enough for now.

Hello, Kix. Which editor did you use for creating this campaign. If so could you provide some thumbnail maps of your levels. I'm sure that would be a great help.

It was made using official editor with some features that are unavailable in the editor simply being copy-pasted from another maps.
    You make these map thumbnails using addikted editor right?

Yes. My Campaign Thumbnails were made using ADikted. To create one press crtl + b once your map is created while in the editor.