Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons And Keepers 21-map campaign 2017

Default Re: NEW CAMPAIGN Dungeons And Keepers 21-map campaign 2017

Quote Originally Posted by kix View Post
    Not completely all of them, but some will bother you while you take time to destroy magic doors and dungeon heart.
    When I played a bit of the map a while ago, I simply couldn't get anywhere because the were walled in tight and I could not find a way inside. Has the map been updated since, or did I simply miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    When I played a bit of the map a while ago, I simply couldn't get anywhere because the were walled in tight and I could not find a way inside. Has the map been updated since, or did I simply miss something?
    Just replayed the map and though it was not easy, I did not notice any problems and completed it in one hour. Which keeper is walled in?

hint: there are 2 hidden extra samurais behind the lava! They can be claimed even before you get bridge (by possession walking another samurai or ghost). Can make the map a little easier. Also level your samurais on avatar if you have time
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hint.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	1849
    Last edited by kix; July 7th, 2018 at 21:14.

Both of them did, same way too. For the most part they reinforced the wall the map starts out with along the lava.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Both of them did, same way too. For the most part they reinforced the wall the map starts out with along the lava.
    Yes but once everyone got bridge, they came out almost instantly every time I have played it

OK, than it's safe to assume I just didn't play the map for long enough.

Gonna report some silly bugs:

Pyre: There's no way of getting the specials (increase lvl/reveal map) since you're never allowed to build a bridge. Acquiring the destroy walls is also not possible, since the middle contains the only library.

Flux: Level didn't end when heart was destroyed. I even waited a few more waves. Got bored then skipped.

All the other levels so far have been okay with everything working including all transfer specials.

Helllo, good job getting that far
    Quote Originally Posted by Valour549 View Post
    Gonna report some silly bugs:Pyre: There's no way of getting the specials (increase lvl/reveal map) since you're never allowed to build a bridge. Acquiring the destroy walls is also not possible, since the middle contains the only library.
    If I remember correctly theres one more small library to the west of your dungeon heart. You can get the spell to appear there

Quote Originally Posted by Valour549 View Post
    Flux: Level didn't end when heart was destroyed. I even waited a few more waves. Got bored then skipped.
    It is not supposed to. It just destroys the white tiles so you dont have to worry about traps and doors. The level ends when the last wave is defeated AND heart is destroyed.

also: both bonuses require some gold tweaking. they are doable, just easier than they should have been
    Last edited by kix; January 11th, 2019 at 17:02.

No, good job to you for making such an amazing campaign, the ideas that went into these maps are really next-level. BTW I said "silly" bugs to match your alleged "silly" campaign name

I'm currently on Level 19. Some feedback.

Tensions: It says the "north-western room grants one lava trap", but in fact it's a boulder trap, as seen by the Reveal-Map special available right at the start.

Pyre: Haha I forgot that was a white library because I took over it so early in the game. But the problem is with the design.

- The player has a bridge there and is meant to explore the west of the map, so right away he sees the white library, and also an Increase-level special over one block of lava.

- The Increase-level special makes the player think he will get the bridge at some point. Possibly after taking over the west library, or maybe after killing the first keeper's heart. On the map "Currents" you also intentionally had a Multiply-Creature special that couldn't be reached, which is understandable since it'd make the level too easy. But I think it's just better to remove it altogether, or state it in the objective, because the player has no way of knowing.

- The player has no way of knowing that the "middle room" contains another white library with the Destroy Walls until much later in the game when he goes exploring. By then it's too late.

- The Reveal-Map special is pretty useless anyways, since the player has Horny with conceal monster spell, so he can easily scout both keepers' dungeons easily.

Attachment 1881

Flux: The objective states verbatim "don't forget also destroy the dungeon heart to win map", which clearly means map is won when heart is destroyed (reminding the player to not just keep defending). I think you should add that the player must destroy all waves, or simply make the final/hardest wave spawn as a trigger when the heart is destroyed.

Echo Springs: Contrary to what YourMaster said, casting the Cave-In spell on the prison does work, as it momentarily allows the Priestess to be free, then Call-to-Arms to destroy enemy building and access Transfer special. Also possible to transfer over a level 10 Knight and in possession mode use it to kill all of blue's fifteen lvl-10 creatures XD

Schizo:The "hardest" map I found so far, and by that I mean tedious.

- Constantly dealing with two level 10 hellhounds with a level 6 samurai, and training the samurai on the avatar with the free ghosts as meatshield. I only read later that there are supposed to be two samurais you can claim? Because the objective only mentioned one so that's what I went with.

- Having to rambo with a ghost in possession mode was okay. But later on possessing a Wizard to clear traps/kill heroes/destroy heart was really tedious. Using meteor from a distance you can kill all the heroes guarding the heart and also the heart itself, it just takes forever. Thinking back, I should've left one samurai (don't think it pick), and used that to kill heart to make it faster.

- All the meanwhile making sure to leave possession and blowing the avatar every X number of seconds.

- Finally when heart is destroyed, a large number of fairies/priestess/vampires/hornys rush over to kill you because you didn't bother to clear the dungeon slowly before killing the heart. Hard, but it can be defended with 4 samurais and 3 wizards with some micro.

- I like the idea and how it forces you to multitask between first-person (possession) and third-person (god mode). But I really think the number of heroes guarding the fortress needs to be decreased. I think your idea is to use the row of boulder traps to kill most of those heroes, but the problem is you can't pick up your wizards/samurai and they start wandering around getting killed by those boulders.

False Gods: Honorable mention. You gave the keeper's a level 3 horny and two mistresses to stop us from rushing them, but if you train the knight and your own horny fast, and then micro in possession mode with speed spell, it's possible to actually kill their entire army (~10 creatures by the time you rush them) without ever releasing the heroes in the middle. Hard but doable.

Tensions: It says the "north-western room grants one lava trap", but in fact it's a boulder trap, as seen by the Reveal-Map special available right at the start.
    Boulder trap is there, yes, however walking into that room grants you one lava trap instantly - can be used to block one path. Quite useful

Flux: The objective states verbatim "don't forget also destroy the dungeon heart to win map", which clearly means map is won when heart is destroyed (reminding the player to not just keep defending). I think you should add that the player must destroy all waves, or simply make the final/hardest wave spawn as a trigger when the heart is destroyed.
    Imho the 'also' implies that's not the only thing that needs to be done. But ok, noted, will make it more clear.

- Constantly dealing with two level 10 hellhounds with a level 6 samurai, and training the samurai on the avatar with the free ghosts as meatshield. I only read later that there are supposed to be two samurais you can claim? Because the objective only mentioned one so that's what I went with.
    There are actually 3 wizards, 4(+2 'hidden') samurais you can claim.

- Having to rambo with a ghost in possession mode was okay. But later on possessing a Wizard to clear traps/kill heroes/destroy heart was really tedious. Using meteor from a distance you can kill all the heroes guarding the heart and also the heart itself, it just takes forever. Thinking back, I should've left one samurai (don't think it pick), and used that to kill heart to make it faster.
    Yeah use samurais for that. Wizards and ghosts are too low hp and terribly slow. I use boulder traps to clear the knights, samurais can deal with the rest relatively easily.

Glad to hear you liked it, also check out my other map.

I must say I was rather disappointed with the last two maps, Moth and Silence. Did you run out of ideas or something? XD

They are really really easy and boring, and I prepared a massive army for the finale only to instantly crush the tiny parties. The AI keepers are also next to useless (on the last map, the blue keeper died to his own lvl 10 horny when he ran out of gold and it went berserk) the reason being that the player has access to dragons, and it's likely the player has MORE dragons than the AI keepers, especially on the last map Silence.

Some suggestions follow the reviews.

Moth:

After the tense invasions on Flux/Currents/Tension, the attacks on Moth seems like child-play. By the time high level hero parties came I already trained to level 7 creatures, not to mention because of the path you let them walk through, any amount of lightning traps and pretty much the only hero that comes through are knights. The number of heroes guarding the heart is also laughably small. The keeper the north gets walled in super easily, and likely has less dragons than you, meaning an easy win against him. The player also has access to plenty of gold.

- Remove player ability to attract dragons, so he has to play with disadvantaged creature pool.
    - Make the imprisoned creatures something like dark mistresses (no heal), so the player has to hurry and rescue them.
    - Make the hero invasion harder and more frequent.
    - Limit the amount of gold player has access to, I'd say reduce it to 2/3 of current gold.
    - Do not allow the player to wall-in the AI keeper, you can make it so it takes a long time for the AI to dig into the player's dungeon, but walling off should not exist on the last levels.
    - Disable lightning traps.

Silence:

It takes the AI keepers a while before they have 25 tiles of treasure room and 15 tiles of lair, by which time I've attracted 8 dragons, and they ended up with none or 1 (if you build only treasure room and lair, you'll basically attract only dragons). There's also a massive amount of gold, I had lvl 8 dragons before I moved east, but there is so little resistance taking the east library, you might as well make it unguarded... As mentioned, the blue keeper got wiped out by his own horny, which then left his dungeon for the taking. Having access to temple, I made a few dark mistresses from my beetle and spiders, researched everything, and proceeded to stomp the green keeper who had mostly orcs, bile demons and some mistresses and wizards, all of which clumped up and disappeared to the meteor from dragons. The only interesting thing is his avatar, which my 8 dragons and 2 mistresses took out. The rest is just slow mopping of the hero castle, and dealing with occasional party spawns.

- Again, remove player ability to attract dragons, so he has to play with disadvantaged creature pool.
    - Give the AI keepers a well setup dungeon right from the start (but no library for the blue keeper obviously).
    - Give the blue keeper gems, or better yet don't allow player to wall him in. He has a level 10 horny so allow some time (winding passages) before he breaks into the player's dungeon, but again walling off in the last level seems too easy.
    - Again limit the amount of gold player has access to, I'd say reduce it to 1/2 of current gold.
    - Disable boulder traps.

I'll be honest, those suggestions don't really fix the levels. Their design just pales in comparison with the rest of the campaign. I haven't played Grail Run or the moon levels, but maybe you can move the maps around and replace Moth and Silence with something more worthy.