Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No light on hand.

Mapmaker

Default No light on hand.

Has anyone else experienced levels where there is no light surrounding the hand and creating imps comes up with a no use sign. And yet still lets you use it?
    Any ideas would be appreciated. It's only a few select levels.

Default Re: No light on hand.

Name one.

Mapmaker

Well it is mainly on levels I have created. But if anyone would know how to destruct the issue it would be helpful.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

What editor do you use? Maybe something related to the editor might be causing said problem. AdikTEd has the u command which fixes maps (first press u for slabs > press tab > last press u for things)

I've never seen it happen, but share a map and I'll take a look.

Mapmaker

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Light.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	1748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Spells.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	1749Savazejim.zip
    These are screenshots and the level I've created.

I've made over a hundred levels, this has randomly happened before but this is the most recent. I've checked the scripts of the levels this doesn't happen, and yet comparing it to the script of this level I see nothing to suggest such issues.

Also I use Adikted and have tried the 'u' trick and all that it does it remove all the locks on the doors, I've also tried to edit it in DK Editor.
    Last edited by shortmicky; March 31st, 2017 at 19:13.

I've played around with your map, but have found nothing useful. I've never seen this problem before. I doubt it has anything to do with your script file though.
    The log file does show errors with the lighting, but I've replaced your .lgt file with that of another map and that did not make any difference.

Code:
    Error: light_turn_light_off: Attempt to turn off light 0
    Error: create_and_control_creature_as_controller: Cannot allocate light to new hero
    Also interesting to see that holding shift+mouse over does show the possession cursor, but possession button+mouse over shows the 'forbidden'-cursor. Simply put I have no idea what caused this, and no idea on how to fix it. Did you do anything special with placing lights or torches or anything on this map that could have corrupted anything?

Unrelated question; If you made so many maps, what did you do with them, where are they? You just make them for yourself?

EDIT: I reported the issue: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/issues/772

EDIT2: I removed all the static lights from your map, which caused the error messages to disappear. But the problem remains.
    Last edited by YourMaster; March 29th, 2017 at 23:56.

Mapmaker

I have them on my computer, I have uploaded a few, though got told they were too difficult to complete. I have a different selection of creature files which is what I create my levels to be challenging for.
    On the DKFX levels page, two levels are on that page of mine. Mine and Balanced. They are on page 3 of the various maps.
    I have my entire library in a zip file. Not all of these are mine, I'd say about half of them were made by me, the other half I downloaded and added to my levels library. I could attach it when I'm back at my computer. You could see what they are and outsource them to others.
    I was trying to work eith someone to better my levels for everyone but he only replied a few times.
    Savazejim is the 24th in a campaign I've spent years making. The first level. Borin I finished in 2012 I think

I have noticed this issue before but can not remember what I did that changed the outcome.
    Last edited by shortmicky; March 30th, 2017 at 16:03.

Mapmaker

This is the archive of my levels. It's 300MB unzipped. It also includes an Excel file indexing each level by name. I can't remember which are mine and which aren't I have all of the campaigns filter in too. My 7 recreations of the original campaign. My self made campaign. And the odded level here and there.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgJ20ENrdMXzg2aEBFY7Eyk6fT-E

Well, thanks,.... but the question was more why did you make so many maps if you didn't share them? Do you like making maps so much? Or do you like playing your own maps more than the other maps out there, and what's special about the ones you make?