Thread: Unable to Progress Past Intro Screen

Question Unable to Progress Past Intro Screen

My problem is pretty much exactly the title, the intro screen of the horned reaper that displays right before the opening movie should play freezes up. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this. Logs are as follows:

Dungeon Keeper FX ver 0.4.6.1670 (heavylog release)
    LOG CREATED @ 20:48:02 18-04-2017

Sync: LbMouseChangeMoveRatio: New ratio 256x256
    Sync: CPU AuthenticAMD type 0 family 15 model 2 stepping 0 features 178bfbff
    Sync: PhysicalMemory 32
    Sync: Memory-demanding features enabled.
    Sync: load_configuration: Starting
    Sync: load_configuration: Processing Config file, 876 bytes
    Sync: load_configuration: Config loaded
    Sync: setup_screen_mode_zero: Setting up mode 28
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Mode 1024x768x32 setup succeeded
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Done filling display properties struct
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Finished
    Sync: Moon phase 0.3836
    Sync: init_sound: Starting

Default Re: Unable to Progress Past Intro Screen

Unfortunately your log file gives exactly 0 useful information. By the title screen you don't mean the image of a disk right?
    My advise is to play around a bit with the launcher to see if you get different results if you change the command line options.

I think specifically try to run the game with 'nointro' to run without the intro video, use the 'level' command to go straight to a level and skip the initial menu's or try to force the windib vidriver.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Monkey View Post
    My problem is pretty much exactly the title, the intro screen of the horned reaper that displays right before the opening movie should play freezes up. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this. Logs are as follows:

Sync: LbMouseChangeMoveRatio: New ratio 256x256
    Sync: CPU AuthenticAMD type 0 family 15 model 2 stepping 0 features 178bfbff

Sync: PhysicalMemory 32
    Sync: Memory-demanding features enabled.
    Sync: load_configuration: Starting
    Sync: load_configuration: Processing Config file, 876 bytes
    Sync: load_configuration: Config loaded
    Sync: setup_screen_mode_zero: Setting up mode 28
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Mode 1024x768x32 setup succeeded
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Done filling display properties struct
    Sync: LbScreenSetup: Finished
    Sync: Moon phase 0.3836
    Hello, It looks like you're trying to run the heavylog version of the game. Which is known to crash. Try opening the launcher and select the standard version of the game to run.

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    Hello, It looks like you're trying to run the heavylog version of the game. Which is known to crash. Try opening the launcher and select the standard version of the game to run.
    Standard has the same result, I was just using heavylog for the sake of getting a more detailed log.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Unfortunately your log file gives exactly 0 useful information. By the title screen you don't mean the image of a disk right?
    My advise is to play around a bit with the launcher to see if you get different results if you change the command line options.

I think specifically try to run the game with 'nointro' to run without the intro video, use the 'level' command to go straight to a level and skip the initial menu's or try to force the windib vidriver.
    By "Title Screen" I mean the screen showing a Horned Reaper looking upwards - it looks like it was pulled straight from the opening movie. I tried running it with the -nointro and -level 1 parameters but neither seemed to change anything at all. How would I go about forcing the windib vidriver? Thanks.

Run with '-vidriver windib', or use the launcher, go to 'Run Options', select 'Force Driver' and type 'windib' in the related box.

But that's a really strange place to hang. That image is simply followed by another image before the intro movie even plays. So why can your game show one image but not the other. I don't see how changing settings might help here, because you don't even get to the movie/menu/game for it to hang there.
    I'd look into reinstalling the game, perhaps some file is corrupt somehow. Or try another version, 0.4.5 or 0.4.6u see if either of them do work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Monkey View Post

[deleted]

Any chance you have VirtualMIDISynth installed and running? KeeperFX will hang when trying to detect the sound devices.
    You need to blacklist keeperfx.exe in VirtualMIDISynth. Open the VirtualMIDISynth configurator, go to Options-> MIDI clients blacklist and type in keeperfx.exe.

I guess this will also happen if you have some other "virtual" sound devices installed, like Munt.

for quick test, disabling sound in the keeperfx launcher should also get you into the game...

looks like a problem with keeperfx itselt.