Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: MeinCookie's Maps

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Maps

New Tournament map added.

Faults (1.0)

I'm really happy with this map... proud. I won't be on for the rest of the month pretty much so hopefully I can add quite a few more maps at the end of it. I will try to make the odd RPG post but that is it...
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

New Tournament Map added...

Undercurrent 1.0

EDIT ~ 500th post =D
    Last edited by MeinCookie; April 25th, 2010 at 07:29.

Gamer IDs

wow... lot of DLs since I last checked . anyway...

First page re-arranged and and map downloads rearranged to try match each other.

Also moved my campaign in progress, Prophecy of Malice, over here.

EDIT 1 ~ Darkshrine updated and early version of Deepfalls added

EDIT 2 ~ Darkshrine to version 0.5 and Deepfalls to 0.3

I'm currently working on Level 3 called Rivenrout and have a concept for Level 4
    Last edited by MeinCookie; July 8th, 2010 at 06:58.

MeinCookie, please mind the forum rules!

4. The users are obliged to edit their postings to avoid double postings.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Gamer IDs

Kept in mind, but it is a bit hard in a thread such as this

I compressed the last three but when I am constantly releasing and updating maps I cannot help but double or triple post so...

EDIT ~ Updated PoM campaign... now available in single download . Darkshrine and Deepfalls have been updated and Rivenrout added.
    I'll add some campaign photos soon for Rivenrout and Felrock.

Any comments/suggestions for improvements or refinements would be welcome. This is one thing that i wish to get the balance right and i can't notice everything.

EDIT II ~

Prophecy of Malice map pictures added:

DARKSHRINE

DEEPFALLS

RIVENROUT

FELROCK
    ???? - I'll save that for when I release it.

EDIT III ~
    Uploaded a new compilation with campaign story and map pics inside.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; July 30th, 2010 at 12:37.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nmjayjay Steam ID: NmJayJay

I'm gonna check out the prophecy of malice campaign in a bit and I'll let you know what i think and if anything seems weird

Ok. i finished the campaign all the levels were good, i didn't manage to finish the first one because it crashed and it took a long time to get there but after this crash i played the other 2 and quick saved them. map 2 was rather annoying with the mass of land and the constant imp fighting but i did it in the end map 3 was good and i liked the whole destroyed dungeon thing.

Another problem i had was that portals were tucked away in the corners and i never really got to them,i wouldn't have noticed them if i didn't look around at the end of the game :P but maybe that's just me
    Last edited by emperorjay; July 30th, 2010 at 17:47.

Gamer IDs

Thanks for the feedback

I meant PoM to have longer/harder levels than the original campaign so hence no portals. More like a marathon than anything else...

Yes, there is a lot of imp combat on Deepfalls. The idea was that you had to really fight to buy yourself space to build and stuff. Should that be toned down?

The spare portals on Level 3 are really more of a bonus if you happen to find them, so no... it isn't you

Anyway, thanks

EDIT I ~
    New PoM pack uploaded... features level 4 - Felrock 0.1.
    FELROCK
    Last edited by MeinCookie; July 31st, 2010 at 04:06.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nmjayjay Steam ID: NmJayJay

PINK!!!!1

i'll try this map later on and tell you what i think

Ok ive finally finished it ok now for improvements

you need to build a lair and hatchery for the computers and not just give them space. they will ignore it and take ages to build them, at which point they will have lost all of their good creatures through anger

there is also a wall in the pink dungeon that blocks off one of the corridors to the dungeon heart not sure if this is meant to be here though and also the pink creatures get stuck on the dungeon heart

i'm going to include some screenshots to show you what i mean
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emperorjay; August 1st, 2010 at 16:36.

Gamer IDs

Did a little more testing and a little more editing of my own.

Green, Purple and Yellow build hatcheries and lair in reasonable time. Green in particular is good at claiming portals.

Blue is a pinned in his corner and, as such, doesn't have enough room to build or gather gold. He also has the Dungeon Heart stick glitch, but i managed to eradicate it from purple.

I'll probably post a new version in 3-4 days. Then I might set to work on the next level .

I want to replay the DK 2 campaign so that i can begin to sync it in with the events thereof .

Alright, I am going to review various maps one at a time. I am going to start with the Campaign:

PoM L1:

Damn, this map is a pain. Your location is very, very hard to fit all the buildings you need in, and those stupid Salamanders kept trashing me. Fortunately, that Blue keeper really wasn't too much of a problem, so I basically had all the time in the world to beat the Dark Angels.

PoM L2:

This is hard at the start, but if you do well in the start it becomes easier. Having those raiders at the very beginning filled me with rage, but once I had a proper dungeon set up I was able to wipe out the other keepers one by one.

PoM L3:

This map is a bit like the previous one, except there are only two keepers, you start with a partially built dungeon, and the other keepers are allied and really quite a bit more powerful then the previous ones. At first I had problems (the other keepers, if you wait long enough, end up with something like 8 combined portals while you start with none beyond the ones you can capture from them and one WAYYY off in the far corner of the map), but I set a rather simple strategy into motion that easily won the day (if a bit slowly). Long story short, I took the nearest portal before Green could (despite his complete superiority in that landmass, he wasn't clever enough to simply bumrush me, seize the portal, and smash me to bits from the little hole in my defenses on that side), snuck into the Blue Dungeon Heart with sneaky tunneling (whereupon I threw everything I had at him, most of my troops having trained a LOT), stole all of Blue's stuff (his "defensive base" across the river didn't even end up fighting me), and built up a massive horde. From there, I used a similar trick to get almost right beside the Green DH and blew him away with my horde (funnily enough, right before that he put a Call to Arms flag along the water, meaning that most of his army was chilling at his far outpost when my army was right at his DH).

PoM L4:

This level is quite a good idea, but it seems to be buggy.

In my first game, I cleverly dug right up to a small corridor between Yellow's main base and his workshop (before this, I had trained my troops like crazy). Because Fog of War was off (because the map was new and I wanted to see what was happening elsewhere), I noticed that Yellow and Purple were having a little imp war beside that portal between the two of them. Two Purple mistresses were stuck in the Dungeon Heart. Anyway, I quickly broke through the corridor, attacked the library from behind, took that Warlock guy prisoner, and then destroyed Yellow's DH. For some reason, Yellow's only troops were the two Goblins he had started with.

The warlock was converted, but I wasn't told that I had won the game. So I continued along, capturing Yellow's portal.

I then realized that the map is apparently glitched. No creatures come out of the portals, ever. I looked around and saw that none of the portals in the map were working, for some reason.

I restarted, put the game to 400% speed, and tried again. Same thing. I noticed that the keepers were all pretty slow at building Lairs and Hatcheries, but even after being constructed no new creatures came out of the portals.

This is an awesome idea, but you really need to fix that.

Fort Stillwater:

I was bored and decided to test the AI and my own stupid tactics on the fort.

The fort itself is BUILT quite nicely, but the AI proved itself utterly inept at using its limited troops effectively.

I made Blue "Psychotic" so as to have him rush early on, since usually my AI allies in these siege maps are lazy and just block off one section of the map. Instead of rushing, however, my idiot ally built a torture chamber, prison, combat pit, and a couple other buildings before stealing the third portal and wasting the rest of the round training his two mistresses to level 4/5 and having them torture each other.

To keep with the mood, I built giant lairs, hatcheries, libraries, and training rooms Psychotic style (no door areas). I amassed Goblins, Warlocks, and something else (something weak I think, but I forgot what they were). Anyway, Green attempted to "lift the siege" by building a wooden bridge to my portal (more realistically, the AI wanted an unclaimed portal and when he started the bridge my portal wasn't claimed yet). After a brief battle with his imps, I captured the bridge and destroyed it for easy gold (I didn't feel like charging in just yet). I then spammed training rooms around my dungeon, trained my weakish troops, and then rebuilt the bridge.

Usually, my tactics are along the lines of "dig around the enemy's dungeon, find his dungeon heart or nearby it or portal, then prepare a large strike force, burst through, and either steal the portal or destroy the dungeon heart for maximum damage". This time, however, I decided to play it like Stalingrad and fight a war of attrition with Green. My forces swarmed across the bridge.

Green actually outnumbered me a little, and his troops were superior to mine. That was on the strategic scale. On the TACTICAL scale, however, my forces ALWAYS outnumbered his. I first took out about 2 elves just chilling at his advance outpost, stealing the guard post (whereupon I began getting Dark Elves ). I then slowly but surely smashed my way through his defenses. At the bridge beyond the first guard post, I took heavy casualties in an epic battle with some Green troops and his lightning trap. However, I had a portal pumping out more cannon fodder and a core of elite veteran troops, whereas he had a group of heroes that he couldn't replace.

After that epic battle along the bridge, I had basically won the game. I killed something like a third of Green's forces at the bridge and guard post, but I replenished my own lost troops (not to mention that my surviving troops were around level 8 by now). His survivors, meanwhile, were back in his lair, waiting. For some dumb reason, he tried tunnelling to Blue's base (but failed, as his imps became busy). A long imp war led to me seizing most of his unguarded tiles. I then destroyed those wooden doors to steal his rooms. After more small skirmishes with his remaining troops (where his guys would attack my imps, followed by me throwing gangs of goblins, warlocks, and dark elves at the raiders leading to their deaths), I finally destroyed the last of his army. I actually converted two knights in the process :P

It ended when I threw all my troops at his now-defenseless dungeon heart from all directions.

Quite a fun map, though. If the AI was a little smarter he could have easily counter attacked early on and squished me like a bug.

Fort Steadfast:

This map is awesome. Seriously, I love it. I wish there were more maps where you play as a Hero/Dungeon Keeper coalition against a group of enemies with allied heroes assisting you. Actually, a mixture of this and the last level of PoM would be awesome (5 players, temporary alliance, etc). Unfortunately, the AI was not quite good enough. It was certainly acceptable, but it wasn't quite enough. Actually, the best way to describe how the first round went would be to describe it in "Online Game Chat" style, so allow me to do so:

*Red Keeper has joined the game*
    *Blue Keeper has joined the game*
    *Green Keeper has joined the game*
    *Yellow Keeper has joined the game*

BK: Alright guys. We have Red surrounded quite nicely. He has no portals. He only has a handful of heroes to defend himself. We should have this in the bag. But don't act like that, since he might try something. Keep your eyes peeled for any tricks. I am going to start training a big army so that I can break through his main defenses. Remember, he has no portal, so it doesn't matter how many creatures you lose so long as you get a couple of his! Also, his Hero allies don't respawn, so hammer away and you will be able to eventually break through.

YK: Wait, why don't you do that then?

BK: Because I am busy building my massive army. Its not like I can just keep throwing LVL1s at him, I want to have at LEAST a force of Level 6s.

YK: W/e. Hey, GK, cover the flank will ya?

GK: arrite bro i got this we can win!!11!!

*YK and BK occasionally throw fireflies at the fort apparently for scouting, taking big losses from sentry trap fire*

YK: I am gonna claim that portal, Green. That arrite with you?

GK: sure man dont worry i have a massive force i dont need more portals

(YK has a smallish-midsize dungeon with few defenses, not too many strong troops, and some basic rooms + combat pit. GK has a lair, hatchery, treasury, library, and an army of goblins + warlocks)

GK: actually, imma tunnel to your portal just in case we need to help each other. that okay with you?

YK: Sure. You sure you can beat any Red raids?

GK: def. bro i got this no prob

YK: Well, I guess you know what you are doing.

RK to GK: GG

GK to RK: hahaha i dont even see your army

GK to RK: you cant kill me or nothin, i got GOBLIN

*Entire Red army smashes through the wall of the Green treasury (which had no guards and is right beside the Green Dungeon Heart*

GK: YK BK HELP MEH

YK: Sorry, my army is busy. Deal with it yourself, since you said you are so strong.

BK: I would help, but you are on the other side of the map.

GK: BK ATTACK OR SOMETHIN DISTRACT HIM

BK: Sorry, but I am NOT sending my troops until they are level 6+

GK: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

*GK's dungeon heart has been destroyed*

*RK steals GK's buildings and portal, turning GK's base into a home for all the new RK creatures from the new portal*

YK: Hey BK, you sure about not attacking now? He just took out Green and is building a big army. I really think you should do something.

BK: Still training. Don't worry, you can handle it. There is enough space between GK's old base and you that you can just imp war him for a while until I have a strong enough army.

YK: Okay. I got a bad feeling about this.

*Long imp war with a handful of Red creatures used to push away Yellow imps. Red claims the midway Portal and begins pushing towards Yellow slowly*

YK: Bro, I am serious. I am heavily outnumbered now since Red stole my second portal. Attack or I am gonna be crushed.

BK: Don't worry about it. I will have a good army ready in a while. Red progress along your tunnel is slow. It will take him AGES to reach your dungeon proper.

*A second Red tunnel smashes into Yellow's Lair, which is right beside his DH, followed by the entire Red horde coming through the hole and attacking Yellow's Dungeon Heart*

RK to YK: GG

YK: NOES

YK: YOU BETTER WIN THIS BLUE

BK: Oh dear. Well, I think I can win it. My army is almost ready.

*YK is defeated, YK's dungeon is absorbed into the now-massive Red dungeon*

*about 10 minutes pass*

BK (to himself): Yes! I finally have an army big and powerful enough to win this! Ahahahaha!

*A hole appears in Blue's Combat Pit (or something like that), which is nearby his portal and a fair distance from his DH, followed by Red's giant army smashing through everything, destroying Blue's traps, killing his entire army, and killing his DH*

RK to BK: GG

BK: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*BK is defeated*

I tried a second round at 400% speed to see if the enemy ever attacks. For some reason, they never did (though Green amassed quite a large force of Warlocks and Goblins). I waited about 10 minutes or so (which would be 40 minutes in normal speed), but all I got were Firefly raids.

EDIT:

Funnily enough, making all the enemy keepers "Psychotic" actually makes them do something.

I did it and they kept tossing large armies at my fortifications (though admittedly they would cancel after about a minute of attacking, meaning they never managed to get a good foothold in the castle).

Also, Yellow and Blue actually fought each other. Blue was almost destroyed by a Yellow sneak attack.

This map would be AWESOME on Multiplayer.
    Anyway, make more maps like this one! Defending alongside Heroes against lots of keepers is fun!
    Last edited by OneLastBattle; August 6th, 2010 at 01:49.