Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: MeinCookie's Maps

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Re: Maps

Ohhh, good idea.
    Also means I can use the first copy without making a second copy with "reveal map" in my base
    thanks again
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Gamer IDs

Been working on to refine this map and although you probably won't be pwned by them, the AI are slightly better. Just little things mainly

The Darkest Corner V1.1

-Stream-lined triggers

-Tweaked skeletons a bit more

-Restructured home territory for slightly improved AI
    (They will now build Lairs, Hatcheries, Libraries, train creatures and the like)

Gamer IDs

Quiet as the Grave and Damming the Styx added...

Quiet as the Grave

A fast-paced hold-out style map. With a combination of spells, traps and rehashed creatures you have to keeper the skeleton army back and survive until the enemies dungeon heart has been destroyed. In this barricades are extremely strong, but they take a long time to make and are very expensive. You have only one pre-made barricade so beware

Creatures:

Stone Knight - A powerful defensive unit which is lethal up-close and later gains fireballs, these units can't be picked up or slapped and are stuck on their isles outside your barricade. These units won't be attacked so don't count on them in anyway drawing the enemies attentions.

Warlock - Good ranged units that can heal allied creatures, Warlocks are a must at your front line.

Skeleton -
    The bulk of the undead hordes that face you, Skeletons prove lethal in numbers. Skeletons can throw fireballs to target your creatures sheltering behind the barricades and, at level 8, summon more Skeletons to increase their numbers.

Vampires - Far more powerful than skeletons, but far fewer in number are vampires. These undead fiends can summon skeletons to their cause, use Lightning and throw a barrage of knives at foes.

Dark Elf - A solid archer, the Dark Elf is mostly unchanged.

Bile Demon -
    A strong close combat fighter, these creatures are perfect for holding back the tide of Skeletons. They can also work in your Workshop to help produce traps and replacement barricades. If desperate they can also be moved forward to your barricade to throw grenades at advancing skeletons.

Trolls - weak as ever, trolls are useful for one thing only, pumping out traps.

Imps - Useful and faithful, these little servants will bring traps from the Workshop to their desired location as well as mine gold for your defense. These little creatures don't like being influenced directly and don't allow themselves to be manhandled.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; December 23rd, 2009 at 01:08.

Gamer IDs

Quiet as the Grave V1.1 released,

-Extra Waves
    -Dark Angel undead bosses
    -More creature refinements

Gamer IDs

Working on Quite as the Grave V1.2
    It will have 2 extra flanks that come in to the sides of your position after the last wave from version 1.1
    You will gain more units to cope with this.

Hellhound

The Darkest Corner Feedback:

-Middle of the skelly fortress, the bottom hero gate did not get destoryed even though I captured the land around it.
    -What does a Merc portal do?
    -May want to enlarge each player's area a little (removing a few spare impassable rock)

I didn't have time to play through the whole map, but I beat the Green Keeper. It is a fun map, had to try to get my minions to stay away from the skeletons though (Training room right next to them, lol.)

Quiet As The Grave Feedback:
    -Bridges were buildable.
    --I could summon imps and take over land in the middle.
    --Stone Knights became MUCH more useful when they were out of their box.
    -Stone Knight AI seems low, they rarely attack skeletons out of their box.
    -Keeper 2 have spells that Keeper 1 doesn't (Saw AI cast tremor on skeleton hordes)

Another good map to play during spare time. I would suggest making another version similar to this and instead of a small outpost, a fortress to defend (3 sides), instead of just one. Would make the game more interesting.
    Last edited by Sire; December 24th, 2009 at 19:18.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post
    The Darkest Corner Feedback:

-Middle of the skelly fortress, the bottom hero gate did not get destoryed even though I captured the land around it.
    -What does a Merc portal do?
    -May want to enlarge each player's area a little (removing a few spare impassable rock)

I didn't have time to play through the whole map, but I beat the Green Keeper. It is a fun map, had to try to get my minions to stay away from the skeletons though (Training room right next to them, lol.)

-Bridges were buildable.
    -Stone Knight AI seems low, they rarely attack skeletons out of their box.
    -Keeper 2 have spells that Keeper 1 doesn't (Saw AI cast tremor on skeleton hordes)

Another good map to play during spare time. I would suggest making another version similar to this and instead of a small outpost, a fortress to defend (3 sides), instead of just one. Would make the game more interesting.
    The Darkest Corner
    >The lower Hero Gate wasn't destroyed? ok, I'll go over the triggers and see if anything is wrong.
    >Merc Portal isn't meant to do anything, it is a portal that can be captured but creates good units. Like a normal Portal.
    >Did that from in Version 1.1 but i can expand it futher in V1.2 when I do it.

Quiet As the Grave
    >Bridges Build-able? I don't have that problem. I'll look into it, but my advice is sometimes changes take a couple of plays to take effect on. Big problem though.
    >Undoubtedly they did but they aren't meant to. I V1.0 the skeletons actually attack them which meant that as long as you didn't deploy any units into the attack galley they wouldn't go for your barricades and would merely spam against your Stone Knights.
    >I find that Stone Knights are more effective if you posses them and kill a few skeletons first. They do have a longer than usual melee range, but are still rather limited despite ranged powers. Often they will not attack units well within their range and sometimes they will walk into the wall swishing their sword, very annoying.
    >As for Keeper 2 tremor spell, i did notice that but I'm still figuring out why the hell they have it, because I took it out.
    >Version 1.2 will introduce two more sides to each Keeper that appear and are claimed after the last wave of 1.1. This is akin to reinforcement as each will have a special (level up) as well as four extra neutral creatures. These extra flanks will also come under siege.
    But it will expand game-play and force you to cover three sides. They will also come with barricade creates and anything needed for any initial defense. So yes... I might make another one but I'd like to finish this one off first.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; December 25th, 2009 at 02:23.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sire View Post

-Bridges were buildable.
    I'm not getting this problem at all and everything seems to be alright. The programing is all correct so bridges shouldn't be usable. I'm going to post 1.2 but otherwise all i can say is try and wear the map in.
    The maps always seem a bit funny after I've made revisions to creatures and things that you won't find in normal maps. Maybe its my imagination...

Gamer IDs

Quite as the Grave (Version 1.2)
    -More waves
    -Two extra fronts to defend after Version 1.1 last wave (This won't help if you are playing skirmish as AI almost infallibly dies at the end of the second last wave of 1.1)
    -Minor character tweaks
    -Enlarged Stone Knight platforms, hopefully resulting in better performance from them.

Other stuff is undoubtedly there, I just don't remember it all.

NOTE: does anybody why changes to my creatures keep reverting in editor. I just had to go through and re-post this because i found that all creatures reverted to default settings

Ohhh ****ing hell, forgot to re-do barricades. I'll have to re-post AGAIN.

If anyone has any problems with 1.2 then 1.1 is there. PM or post to tell me, please.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; December 25th, 2009 at 03:19.

Gamer IDs

Version 1.2 didn't cut it so I've posted Version 1.21. Game-play should be good. No need to reveal map before hand with the special or put on "no fog of war." Stone Knights work quite well now and will cut through ranks that approach close enough to them.
    Bridges and other types of rooms are build-able in this. But exercise restraint, yeah? because you don't really need anything other than a lair and perhaps a hatchery and nothing else is going to do you much good.